• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Ithil

Still recall that story from Daniel Bryan about how Ryback got that black eye. He was swinging around a 30 pound weight and lost control of it. Good physique, but he's just doesn't have natural strength. Not of that caliber anyway.

Bryan says a LOT of things about Ryback, it's hard to tell when he's being serious and when he's ribbing the Ryback.

Aiii

So not worth it
Still recall that story from Daniel Bryan about how Ryback got that black eye. He was swinging around a 30 pound weight and lost control of it. Good physique, but he's just doesn't have natural strength. Not of that caliber anyway.

I don't hate the guy, but he's being pushed into something he isn't.

You realise Bryan actually says in that story that they made that story up right?

Can't wait till Punk beats The Ryback.

I'm telling you, they are building up Ryback just so that Punk can beat him. Just to prove how much of a beast Punk really is.

Then they will feed Punk to Cena so that Cena can really cement his main event status in the company.

I wonder if Ryback is still on the juice.

He has 2 strikes against him and he is still as jacked as ever.

Maybe he is getting a pass?

Has anyone ever gotten the full 3 strikes yet? Most got FE'ed not long after there second strike unless they are Orton or Rey..

jmdajr

I wonder if Ryback is still on the juice.

He has 2 strikes against him and he is still as jacked as ever.

Maybe he is getting a pass?

Has anyone ever gotten the full 3 strikes yet? Most got FE'ed not long after there second strike unless they are Orton or Rey..

all natural
6446d1187039359-supplements-anyone-_zps669df900.jpg

Honestly to me it sort of doesn't matter. It's a TV show not a sport. But with Eddie dying and Benoit going on a rampage, it's all over.
Plus now the wrestlers with real talent actually have somewhat of a shot. But heck, even Jomo got canned for juicing right? And he wasn't a meat head.

Anyhow, whatever he is taking is not as good as what Rock is using.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
WTF

Remember that Vince/Heyman segment last week where Vince said he wanted to wrestle Heyman? It was from the first script of Raw that was re-written later that day but they taped the segment anyway then accidentally aired it on tv.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've actually been looking into PEDs at the least. Kind of thinking of a huge year-long fitness bump in my life, taking it to the next level. No doubt FE will tell me not to, though!

McNei1y

WTF

Remember that Vince/Heyman segment last week where Vince said he wanted to wrestle Heyman? It was from the first script of Raw that was re-written later that day but they taped the segment anyway then accidentally aired it on tv.

Interesting... The scene still worked sort of. I just chalked it up to Heyman telling Punk to do what Vince says or something similar.

Forkball

The Ziggler/Bryan match was a lot of fun. Not sure why people hated the ending though, I thought it made sense and managed to make both look strong while continuing the Kane/Bryan storyline.

Also this is probably old but I've never seen this. CENA CAN'T DO THIS.

Kyoufu

WTF

lol

that can't be right.

it... just can't.

jmdajr

Any time I hear news about AJ...I never think about AJ Styles. I'll be reading a news bit and be like.. "oh, this is a TNA article."

McNei1y

The Ziggler/Bryan match was a lot of fun. Not sure why people hated the ending though, I thought it made sense and managed to make both look strong while continuing the Kane/Bryan storyline.

Also this is probably old but I've never seen this. CENA CAN'T DO THIS.

Well I expected a weird ending since the two aren't in a feud and have separate storylines, but I really wanted a clean fight since it was such an incredible, ppv quality, match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stop making me want to ask for a name change to The Animal Dave Batista.

Also I'm laughing a lot at your change Sandman :D Hilarious

sajj316

Kept re-watching the Ryback run in from last night. Amazing back-breaker to running power-slam .. power-bomb .. and press and throw. I didn't think any of those moves were particularly dangerous. I'm sure everything hurt a lot but Punk's still walking and he's been having house show matches with him.

Also .. excellent match with Zigs and DBry. Iron man match .. I'd pay double to watch it.

I dont know about this business anymore guys, is there hope left? #saveus
Ryback

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kept re-watching the Ryback run in from last night. Amazing back-breaker to running power-slam .. power-bomb .. and press and throw. I didn't think any of those moves were particularly dangerous. I'm sure everything hurt a lot but Punk's still walking and he's been having house show matches with him.

It looked incredible. Worth the bruises. Ryback's the man!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also suggested Mister Sandman or just Sandman. I guess since someone was banned with Sandman back in 2008 I can't take it.

Bung, bung, bung, bung, bung

:lol @ Aiii raging about the AJ stuff. The turnaround from pre-Raw enthusiasm is so good.

The gimmick changing in here is getting out of hand. I don't even recognize half of you anymore.

McNei1y

I think I'm buying HIAC this weekend. This would be the first time I've purchased a PPV by myself in... well, years. I usually pitch in with a group of people and have a sort of party (but thats usually for Royal Rumble, WM, and the like) so I'm pumped.

Those wanting The Ryback to come out knocking down the lumberjacks one by one with single punches, it was a dig at Hogan doing that on the TNA PPV to Aces & Eights right? lol.

Thats all I could think when I read it, was my Fry not sure if serious moment of the day.

Aiii

So not worth it
:lol @ Aiii raging about the AJ stuff. The turnaround from pre-Raw enthusiasm is so good.

The gimmick changing in here is getting out of hand. I don't even recognize half of you anymore.

I'll be back to my old self soon enough. Plus, I find my change in character to be perfectly in line with my gimmick, they messed with AJ, thus raging ensues. It makes perfect sense!

jmdajr

I think I'm buying HIAC this weekend. This would be the first time I've purchased a PPV by myself in... well, years. I usually pitch in with a group of people and have a sort of party (but thats usually for Royal Rumble, WM, and the like) so I'm pumped.

I'm as much interested for what could go wrong as would could go right. Unfortunately probably won't have any time to watch it.

Bryan/Ziggler couldn't have a bad match together if they tried! Its awesome.

Speaking off, if we're using 'wrestling logic' about how Punk looked shit on Raw so that means he's retaining why does everyone think Ziggler is cashing in? Wouldn't the fact that they're constantly mentioning it mean he wont end up cashing in then?

Unless......... thats what they wanted you to believe all along.

SWERVE!

Anth0ny

WTF

LOL

I guess that would explain why nothing came out of it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan/Ziggler couldn't have a bad match together if they tried! Its awesome.

Speaking off, if we're using 'wrestling logic' about how Punk looked shit on Raw so that means he's retaining why does everyone think Ziggler is cashing in? Wouldn't the fact that they're constantly mentioning it mean he wont end up cashing in then?

Unless......... thats what they wanted you to believe all along.

SWERVE!

They've been teasing the 45 seconds Big Show loss from last year way too much for it not to happen again this Sunday.

Either that or Ziggler is losing his cash-in match.

I've actually been looking into PEDs at the least. Kind of thinking of a huge year-long fitness bump in my life, taking it to the next level. No doubt FE will tell me not to, though!

I have also. I am 36, and just not getting the results I used to. I am more fatigued, I dedicate as much time as I can to the gym, but its just not the same.

Kaladin

UAG2H.jpg

In 2011, Dragon Gate and Dragon Gate USA featured a rivalry of high flyers to find out who was the best high flyer in the world. PAC is known worldwide as "The Man That Gravity Forgot". He is able to do things in the ring that no one else can do. 2011 was a break out year for Ricochet whose style is similar to PAC's and he can also do things in the ring that no one else

The following description of the rivalry has been taken from dgusa.tv

After Ricochet made a huge impact on his first few shows with Dragon Gate USA, he headed over to Japan, and had even more success as he and his Warriors stablemates, CIMA and Dragon Kid, captured the Open The Triangle Gate titles. It was no surprise that he soon went after the man who was considered the best high-flyer in the world, "The Man That Gravity Forgot", PAC. Ricochet challenged PAC for the Open The Brave Gate title, but was unsuccessful. At this point, there was little doubt that PAC was still the premier high flyer in Dragon Gate.

Things started to intensify at DGUSA "Open The Southern Gate", when Ricochet chose PAC as his tag team partner for a match against Chuck Taylor and Akira Tozawa (the stipulation was that Ricochet and Taylor were allowed to choose their own partners, but they couldn't choose one from their own stable). Rather than leading them to put their differences aside, this match took their rivalry to another level, as Ricochet and PAC spent the duration trying to out-do each other, even throwing each other out of the ring at times.

Soon after, in Japan, things started to sway in favor of Ricochet and Blood Warriors. His team retained the Open The Triangle Gate titles against PAC, BxB Hulk and Susumu Yokosuka of the World-1 stable. The stipulation was that World-1 would have to disband if they lost. Ricochet held PAC back as CIMA pinned Yokosuka, thus ending PAC's stable.

Back in America, Ricochet and PAC faced off again in a Three Way Freestyle (that also involved Rich Swann) in the main event of DGUSA "Uprising". Ricochet won after pinning Swann, in what was possibly his biggest DGUSA victory to date. After the match, Ricochet's cocky side came out when he told PAC that the victory proved he is the best high-flyer. Ricochet then kicked and assaulted PAC while he was defenseless. The next night in Manhattan at "Enter The Dragon 2011", Ricochet once again attacked PAC by slapping him in the face while CIMA held him.

Ricochet was awarded another shot at the Open The Brave Gate title in Japan a couple of weeks later, but again he was unable to defeat PAC one-on-one.

On July the 17th, Ricochet competed in what may have been the biggest match of his career so far. In front of thousands of people at the biggest Dragon Gate show of the year, the annual Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival (in Kobe, Japan), he and CIMA challenged Dragon Kid (who had recently been kicked out of Blood Warriors) and PAC for the Open The Twin Gate titles. PAC survived huge move after huge move, but he was eventually pinned following Ricochet's spectacular double rotation moonsault.

September saw the fierce rivals battle it out in a series of matches back in the USA. Ricochet's Blood Warriors team toppled PAC's team of elite high flyers at "Chasing The Dragon", but PAC gained a third decisive singles victory over him at "Untouchable 2011". However, Ricochet and Blood Warriors attacked PAC after the match, which gave Ricochet a chance to hit a spectacular dive on PAC.

It all came to a head at "Way Of The Ronin 2011", as Open The Twin Gate Champions Ricochet and CIMA clashed with the Open The United Gate Champions PAC and Masato Yoshino, with both sets of titles on the line. Ricochet and CIMA emerged victorious from the breathtaking contest, leaving with all the gold.

On November 13th, 2011 Ricochet defeated PAC in their final match in the USA, however, the rivalry continued in Japan where both would face off one last time for PAC's Open The Brave Gate Championship.

We start off with one of their first one on one meetings:

Dragon Gate, "GLORIOUS GATE 2011 ~ DG USA INVASION", 01.03.2011
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,280 Fans - Super No Vacancy
Open The Brave Gate Championship
Pac (C) vs Ricochet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcAYB40oQxw

and move forward to a tag team title match....

Dragon Gate "DRAGON GATE KOBE PRO-WRESTLING FESTIVAL 2011", 17.07.2011 (PPV/GAORA TV)
Kobe World Hall
9,400 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House
Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Title
CIMA & Ricochet vs. PAC & Dragon Kid (C)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SanLA4jUi_o

and finally, the conclusion of the feud in Japan(as far as I can tell).....

Dragon Gate, "CROWN GATE 2011" 19.11.2011 (GAORA TV)
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium #2
1,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy
Open The Brave Gate Championship
PAC (C) vs Ricochet
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnslhy_pac-vs-ricochet-dragon-gate_sport

Who is the best high flyer when the feud is complete? Set aside about an hour or so to watch the videos and find out.....

Since this feud, PAC has been signed to WWE and Ricochet has moved on to feud with Dragon Kid in Japan and AR Fox in the United States for Dragon Gate USA and Evolve.

Also, if you're interested in the Dragon Gate USA matches, they're very strict on people posting them to the internet, but you can check out the iPPVs or DVDs at http://www.wwnlive.com or http://www.dgusa.tv

Top Bottom