• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
See, you get it. I'm sure some would weep as IWC golden boys get taken down in one dangerous clothesline but think about how hype that segment would actually be, Punk cowering in the ring in terror as the waves of heels are all one shotted and left scattered among the ramp by the insatiable appetite of Ryback.
If they want to sell how dangerous and unstoppable he is there's no better way.

I miss those sort of returns/arrivals that Austin, Kane, Taker or Big Show would make in the past when they just come out and wreck everyone, speaking of which they should give Henry a return like that if he ever actually comes back.

I remember that one royal rumble where Austin made an enemy out of everyone in the locker room in the lead up to the rumble (he would randomly attack everyone and stun them, and I think Vince eventually put a bounty on Austin during the rumble match, too).

It was amazing. You'd have 16 guys in the ring and he'd just run into the eye of the storm and start kicking ass. For some reason I want to say that Jeff Jarrett was the first guy to get dropped by him.

Kane and Taker in their primes need no discussion, of course.

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA tried that, they had this young babyface run towards the Aces and Eights crowded ring and they like totally came at him and he laid them out with his punches.

Can't remember the guys name though but he seemed STRONG, didn't even need to punch them quickly, took his sweet time. Hardcore mode!

I remember that one royal rumble where Austin made an enemy out of everyone in the locker room in the lead up to the rumble (he would randomly attack everyone and stun them, and I think Vince eventually put a bounty on Austin during the rumble match, too).

It was amazing. You'd have 16 guys in the ring and he'd just run into the eye of the storm and start kicking ass. For some reason I want to say that Jeff Jarrett was the first guy to get dropped by him.

Kane and Taker in their primes need no discussion, of course.

RR1999 was when Vince put the bounty on Austin.
When Austin returned from sorrowfully drinking in a nearby bar to bury the entire alliance in 2001, now that was a magical Austin ass whipping moment.

Undertaker's best was definitely when he returned at Judgement Day 2000, so good.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
RR1999 was when Vince put the bounty on Austin.
When Austin returned from sorrowfully drinking in a nearby bar to bury the entire alliance in 2001, now that was a magical Austin ass whipping moment.

Undertaker's best was definitely when he returned at Judgement Day 2000, so good.

I can't remember how many times DX got their asses kicked by Kane and Taker.

McNei1y

So who all is getting WWE '13 and wants to start some fake story mode thing where we fight online... lol

I need to get my match in with SoulPlaya

Mister McNeily vs SoulPlaya (w/ She-Kane and Kane) in a street fight.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So who all is getting WWE '13 and wants to start some fake story mode thing where we fight online... lol

I need to get my match in with SoulPlaya

Mister McNeily vs SoulPlaya (w/ She-Kane and Kane) in a street fight.
Not even Ithil could stop me.

Are you crazy?

strobogo

Banned
WWE recording and accidentally airing a segment that was written for a previous script that was changed 3 times before the show is as WCW as you can get.

UAG2H.jpg

Man I loved these matches. On their final match at BB Kings in NYC Ricochet flipped over my booth onto PAC. It was badass.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I love that mah boy D Brine can just turn shitty thing thrown at him in his favour. Miz as his NXT pro, fired during Nexus storyline, 18 seconds, #GoatFace, Kane, etc.
Are you kidding? Kane is the best thing to happen to him all year. If it wasn't for Kane, Bryan would have gotten buried in the feud with Punk, and would now be jobbing night after night, with no sense of a storyline going. It's sad, but Kane has been the only person to put Bryan over all year (at SS). I fear for what will happen to Bryan after this is over, because it seems like they're just content to have him be singles competition fodder, even if he's over as fuck.

You're right. One Kane is already enough. Three of em... mother of god.
We need a Kane royal rumble in WWE 13.

Yep. He's got a tiny entry thats as vague on his career as it could possibly be.

BOB BACKLUND: SECOND LONGEST WWE CHAMPIONSHIP REIGN IN HISTORY
CARS: ONE OF THEM RAN OVER STONE COLD.
C***s B****t: He wrestled
DANIEL BRYAN: HE IS THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS. CREATOR OF THE DREADED CROSSFACE SUBMISSION AND FREQUENT USER OF FLYING HEADBUTT
DOG: COMMA JUNKYARD
DYNAMITE KID: POPULARIZED FLYING HEADBUTT. NO ONE ELSE BETWEEN HIM AND DANIEL BRYAN EVER USED IT.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm so down for this.
I wonder which Kane would win? Original Kane? Original Kane with two sleeves? Original Kane with inverted colors? Kane with the straps? All red outfit Kane with the straps? Pure black mesh outfit Kane with the straps? Half mask Kane? Half masked Kane with less mesh outfit? Unmasked Kane? Unmasked Kane with no top? Unmasked Kane with no top, but new pants? New masked Kane with the flame down the side? New masked Kane without the big flame down the side? Or one of the dozens of custom Kane CAWs?

Are you kidding? Kane is the best thing to happen to him all year. If it wasn't for Kane, Bryan would have gotten buried in the feud with Punk, and would now be jobbing night after night, with no sense of a storyline going. It's sad, but Kane has been the only person to put Bryan over all year (at SS). I fear for what will happen to Bryan after this is over, because it seems like they're just content to have him be singles competition fodder, even if he's over as fuck.

Kane_Daniel_Bryan_WWEHug.gif

EDIT: Hell No is one of those rare perfect teams which become more than the sum of their parts. Daniel Bryan and Kane could likely stay over by themselves, but realistically this does more for both of them than either would have gotten by themselves right now.

Sokantish

They're obviously doing that now to try to show that he needs Kane's help, which he never wants.

Also, Kane sucks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

We need a Kane royal rumble in WWE 13.

True. I hated Bryan back when AJ was his girlfriend. Around the time I started watching weekly again. Then he slowly become my favorite current wrestler. Kane amplifies it. They and Punk are what keeps me coming back. And AJ in shorts.

BOB BACKLUND: SECOND LONGEST WWE CHAMPIONSHIP REIGN IN HISTORY
CARS: ONE OF THEM RAN OVER STONE COLD.
C***s B****t: He wrestled
DANIEL BRYAN: HE IS THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS. CREATOR OF THE DREADED CROSSFACE SUBMISSION AND FREQUENT USER OF FLYING HEADBUTT
DOG: COMMA JUNKYARD
DYNAMITE KID: POPULARIZED FLYING HEADBUTT. NO ONE ELSE BETWEEN HIM AND DANIEL BRYAN EVER USED IT.

I need to bag me a copy of this info packed extravaganza.

Raw rating should be hilarious considering it was going up against the Presidential debate, Monday Night Football, and Game 7 of the NLCS.
It should be worse than the 2.5 they got the other week I wonder who will take the blame this time. Maybe ryback will win on Sunday afterall

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane_Daniel_Bryan_WWEHug.gif

EDIT: Hell No is one of those rare perfect teams which become more than the sum of their parts. Daniel Bryan and Kane could likely stay over by themselves, but realistically this does more for both of them than either would have gotten by themselves right now.
The purpose of the team is to sell merchandise. Kane masks, goat faces, t-shirts. They're also a social media hit, and outside of the main event, they're the biggest thing on the show. Multiple segments (hell, SD is the Hell No show). Personally, I think they need something outside of just them. They work best when they have others to bounce off, which is why Shelby was so great. AJ would fit the role PERFECTLY, but she's now the slut that fucked Cena (along with Bryan, Punk, Kane, etc.). She should be gunning for the Divas title with them, but what can you do?

They're obviously doing that now to try to show that he needs Kane's help, which he never wants.

Also, Kane sucks.
They're going the X-Pac weak link route, which sucks. I actually think Survivor Series should be good for them, if they're in a 5 on 5 match, because it gives them others to bounce off.

Kane isn't your mother, dude, remember that.

True. I hated Bryan back when AJ was his girlfriend. Around the time I started watching weekly again. Then he slowly become my favorite current wrestler. Kane amplifies it. They and Punk are what keeps me coming back. And AJ in shorts.
Bryan is a great wrestler, and he's over. In the WWE, though, that's not enough to avoid burial. Kane has saved Bryan from WWE irrelevancy, truth be told.

McNei1y

I wonder which Kane would win? Original Kane? Original Kane with two sleeves? Original Kane with inverted colors? Kane with the straps? All red outfit Kane with the straps? Pure black mesh outfit Kane with the straps? Half mask Kane? Half masked Kane with less mesh outfit? Unmasked Kane? Unmasked Kane with no top? Unmasked Kane with no top, but new pants? New masked Kane with the flame down the side? New masked Kane without the big flame down the side? Or one of the dozens of custom Kane CAWs?

DX Colors Kane lol

@JohnCena
"Bitter sweet #RAW last night as 1)medically i can get back to @wwe but 2) @WWEAJLee was forced to resign. #bringbackAJ"

#RiseAboveDivorce

Kaladin

Man I loved these matches. On their final match at BB Kings in NYC Ricochet flipped over my booth onto PAC. It was badass.

Bomb ass. Gonna watch at lunch. An hour of good times. Thanks for doing this Mister Sandman. He brought me a dream!

Thanks guys, I thought this feud was an excellent primer to PAC since he was signed to WWE. It showcases the moves you will probably never see him do there.

strobogo

Banned
The TEW talk made me download and play a month of current WWE. It made me remember why I stopped playing the games (and I BOUGHT TEW 05 or 08, can't remember which). It's really cool and fun for about 3 shows and then it is so tedious and I just start doing overly long segments with Cena/Punk to eat up time and get a good grade. Like, a half hour each of them on the show.

Also, Kane and D-Brine have tremendous chemistry in the game as well and I definitely have them also eating up a significant amount of time on all the shows. I have D-Brine in decent length matches on all 4 shows. He never complains about hectic schedule or needing a break, never complains about jobbing to guys way less over than him. Good Guy Glen has nothing on Delightful Dude Daniel.

Very interesting interview with Chris Jericho.

He says CM Punk has hit his ceiling in WWE, his title reign has been worthless, and Ryback should win the title at the PPV. He also criticizes the "start-and-stop" pushes some talent get:

Why he thinks Ryback should win on Sunday:
I don’t know anything and I don’t work for the WWE. I haven’t talked to Vince in about a month. But I personally think and this is something that obviously Busted Open Radio has very hardcore wrestling fans who are listening as we all are. The number one thing people bitch about is that there is nothing new and it’s the same old same old with John Cena. This is the chance to create a new guy. This is the chance to make a new star instantly, and I know tradition says you must build a star. There is no tradition in a case like this. The comparisons are to Goldberg. Most of the fans in this day and age have no idea who Goldberg is and don’t care. We do, but in the year 2012 Goldberg was over ten years ago. How did Goldberg get over? …. By beating everybody. There was no loss for Goldberg. As soon as he did lose, that’s when things started going downhill for him. Ryback is not a normal guy. This is not a guy that we see that builds his way to the top and fans get behind him slowly but surely. You want to pick a new guy? Have him beat CM Punk this week. Who gives a shit about Punk’s title reign? It means nothing. Here is a chance to take a guy who people are getting behind. If he beats Punk at Hell in A Cell and after three hundred and thirty seven days or whatever and Punk is finally beaten, people are going to start to take notice of this guy. Those who don’t watch Raw are going to tune in to see what’s going on. Ryback beats everybody. Ryback faces Rock at Royal Rumble. What happens if a couple of weeks before that something goes on with Ryback and Undertaker got involved in the Rock match? What if Rock wins the title and goes on to face Cena we expected and what if its Ryback vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania? What if Ryback beats Undertaker at Wrestlemania? You have a new star for the next ten years to headline pay-per views and main events.

Has CM Punk gone as far as he can go as a character?:
He has gone as far as he can go. The Rock is the Rock. He comes from a different era. Undertaker, Steve Austin, that comes from a different era. Nobody will ever be a bigger star than those guys, because people in their heads...It’s like the old Batman TV show when we were kids. We thought it was the greatest show ever. You watch it back now and it sucks. But it has a certain place in your head that it will never be replaced. The band KISS in 1978 if you’re old enough to remember was thought of as the greatest band ever, even if they weren’t. Rock is a guy unto his own. Punk is as big of a star as he can be as a heel in WWE. Beating Ryback doesn’t make him a bigger star. It doesn’t.

Can the injury to John Cena be a blessing in disguise?:
It is a blessing in disguise. The biggest breaks I ever got in this business was when someone got hurt, or when someone went to make a movie. I won the undisputed championship because Triple H was hurt and Rock was leaving to go film The Scorpion King after WrestleMania. Cena got hurt. What do we do? One thing about Vince McMahon is his motto is to take a negative and turn it into a positive. Vince knows how rare it is for someone to get over so quickly. Vince knows Ryback is not a money making star right now. But if he goes into Hell In A Cell and he destroys Punk and beats him, a hundred percent those fans are going to go bananas for Ryback. You have created a new star. Punk can come back the next night and bitch and complain and do what a heel does. Heels aren’t built to win. Heels are built to lose. That’s what heels do. The fact that Punk has held the title for three hundred and thirty seven days, it might mean something to you guys. I can tell you Punk doesn’t care. Punk wants to make money and if that means Punk and Ryback becomes the hottest feud and suddenly something happens where it goes to Ryback and Rock, that’s a match where suddenly you made a new guy. I would love to see Punk and Rock and I’m sure Punk would be disappointed if it didn’t work out. But this is business. If you have a chance to build someone that can put a company on his back, then you do it. The stop and start pushes that the WWE has been doing and infamous for the last ten years has got to stop and this is the perfect time for it.

Does he think the WWE will pull the trigger and have Ryback become champion?:
I do because of the reasons I’ve talked about. I’m not saying I know anything. I could be completely wrong. Maybe there would be a scenario where they can protect Ryback and still have Punk as champ. But for me what I like as a wrestling fan, when I was a kid, what I like as wrestling fan now even after doing it for 22 years is the element of surprise. I hate the same old same old. I worked in WCW for three years when guys were passed over. As hard as it is to believe at this point, Eddie Guerrero was the top heel in the company at certain points, but they never let him beat anybody. Billy Kidman was super popular. Probably one of the top two or three babyfaces in the company at certain points, but they never pushed him over the edge. There are guys for whatever reason, get over, even when they are not supposed to get over. If you take advantage of that and push it over the cliff, people will get behind it especially a guy like Ryback because we haven’t seen anyone like that in a long time. We haven’t seen a powerhouse come in and annihilate people. The last time might have been Batista but Ryback is more Neanderthal, more animalistic, more a beast. Batista is very well spoken. Ryback does remind me of Goldberg and like I said it’s not a copy of Goldberg. It’s like saying Jericho is a copy of Shawn Michaels. There are elements and lots of similarities but it’s a different guy and nobody has seen a guy like this in a long, long time. So I think if they do pull the trigger that it will work huge and it will create a superstar instantly. Someone that will be a money drawer, someone that people will tune in who are not watching now to see.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The big question he raises is this - has CM Punk gone as far as he can go? Y/N, please offer statements that support your claim.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone keeps saying 'oh you guys bitch about cena but then ryback is someone new and you don't want him so you don't want someone new'. How different is Ryback than Cena REALLY? He's another stout, power wrestler just like Cena. A guy who doesn't sell, just like Cena. A guy who makes his Hulk Hogan comeback just. like. Cena.

The point is that Ryback is nothing new. WWE's new 'stars' are just the guys they can have copy the Hulk Hogan school of YEAH HE CAN LIFT GUYS theory. Sheamus went from being a bully heel to John Cena. Ryback went from beating jobbers to being incredibly green Cena.

Don't all the old school guys say 'you gotta earn it?'? Didn't Jericho, Regal, and others complain that Goldberg didn't 'earn it'? How has Ryback earned it? Doing NXT and then being injured forever? Wasn't the whole reason Undertaker was pissed at Brock was because he put him over real early in his career then Brock never repaid the favor to anyone else?

I think that CM Punk is currently plateaued as far as where he can go. I'm a huge punk fan but i think he needs a break (like the one he should've had right after money in the bank) I get that he can't work backstage and improve things from his couch, but I think Punk can use a bit of a break. I don't want to say put him in a faction cause WWE has a horrible track record with them lately. I think the best thing is punk to drop to Rock at Royal Rumble, take a break, come back Wrestlemania or after Wrestlemania and have his feud with Steve Austin. Hopefully by then, some new blood will be in the upper card for him to feud/team with.

The big question he raises is this - has CM Punk gone as far as he can go? Y/N, please offer statements that support your claim.

Punk could have been a bigger deal than he ever reached if they didn't kneecap him by trying to mold him into the prototype asshole babyface or maybe if they held back his return after MITB 2011. As of right now he is at a plateau, I don't think he could ever be as big of a face as he was July 17th 2011 but he could be a huge deal as a heel if they just let go of the reigns on him completely.

The man is smart and understands how to get to people, I think if they just let him hold the title and charge him with becoming the most toxic human being ever between now and say... Wrestlemania 29 he could deliver in a big way.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Everyone keeps saying 'oh you guys bitch about cena but then ryback is someone new and you don't want him so you don't want someone new'. How different is Ryback than Cena REALLY? He's another stout, power wrestler just like Cena. A guy who doesn't sell, just like Cena. A guy who makes his Hulk Hogan comeback just. like. Cena.

The point is that Ryback is nothing new. WWE's new 'stars' are just the guys they can have copy the Hulk Hogan school of YEAH HE CAN LIFT GUYS theory. Sheamus went from being a bully heel to John Cena. Ryback went from beating jobbers to being incredibly green Cena.

Don't all the old school guys say 'you gotta earn it?'? Didn't Jericho, Regal, and others complain that Goldberg didn't 'earn it'? How has Ryback earned it? Doing NXT and then being injured forever? Wasn't the whole reason Undertaker was pissed at Brock was because he put him over real early in his career then Brock never repaid the favor to anyone else?
I don't remember guys complaining that Goldberg hadn't "earned" it. The complaints were that he wasn't a good wrestler. He was built on a winning streak, and that just doesn't work. If you can't survive a lose, then you won't last. Ryback may be good for business, but the little I've read of him, he seems to be much more mature and thoughtful than he was in the past.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't mind him beating Punk, but that's because I don't care, really. The WWE isn't designed for guys like us. It's for kids (and it would be even if it wasn't PG), and kids love big unstoppable monsters. Jericho is right. If Ryback beats Punk, you now have a new star. It's not like the precedent isn't there. Kane won the WWE title in less than a year, and that was against fucking SCSA. Maybe they should do the same here? Have Ryback win the HIAC, then the next night, have a rematch, and get him screwed out of the title by LESNAR! Then, have Lesnar lose to Ryback at SS. I doubt that will happen, though, because Lesnar needs to be protected so that HHH beats him, you know, so they can turn HHH into the next big star, lol.

BTW, Taker needs to shut the hell up, if he said that. Lesnar put Eddie, Angle, and Goldberg over on his way out, and just put over Cena, and will put over HHH, Taker, whoever. Lesnar doesn't care. Taker, on the other hand, hasn't put over a new star since. . . . . Lesnar. The last guy Taker lost cleanly to was Kane in 2010. Since 2004, he hasn't put anyone over in a way that made that guy look good.

Top Bottom