• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson are both probably stronger, and could have been pushed with Monster gimmicks. But well, their move set is limited even further. And neither is as charismatic. Like for real.

Mason Ryan is actually pretty weak for someone his size, or at least he was in the New Nexus days. I think their strongest person on contract right now is Big E Langston, but I imagine they'll leave him in NXT for a while yet.

Striker

It's not just about getting over, my issue is with there being so little to do once someone gets there. Imagine Ryback destroys Punk at HIAC. What are the options? 1. Keep feuding with Punk. 2. Feud with Cena. 3. ??? That's it. There's nobody left at the top that could make for a longterm, weekly, episodic feud. Slim pickins, yo.
On the flip side, if Punk wins by pinfall, what's it do for Ryback? What's it do for Punk? It's all looking bad anyhow, no matter who wins or loses.

jmdajr

Mason Ryan is actually pretty weak for someone his size, or at least he was in the New Nexus days. I think their strongest person on contract right now is Big E Langston, but I imagine they'll leave him in NXT for a while yet.

Looks him up*

5'11"

Well, good luck to him.

Kaladin

You might remember that Nigel McGuinness was doing his own documentary on his final tour as a professional wrestler. I backed it on Kickstarter and he just posted saying that he is nearing a final edit. It shouldn't be too far from release. He apparently recently spent $3.5k on 60 seconds of footage which sounds like a lot for so little. The current edit he has is almost two hours, and at the level I backed he's including a near 2 hour bonus disc. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Linkified

how does ryback have more charsima then Mason Ryan? cant Mason simply bump his head to theme music?

Its easier to get Mason Ryan over than Skip Sheffield van Lesnarberg. Actually its easy to get most of the roster over - its that Hunter doesn't care because creative have been a mess for years.

TheNatural

My Member!
The 10/22 edition of Raw averaged 3,554,000 viewers, down significantly from the almost four million that they did last week. As bad as the booking was last night, they got that number on merit. Once again, hour three was the worst rated as it dropped more than 200,000 viewers from hour two.

somedevil

Well here are the viewers for the WWE competition:

Debate: 60 million viewers
Baseball: 8 million viewers
Football: 10.66 million viewers

WWE:

8:00- 3.58 million
9:00- 3.65 million
10:00- 3.43 million

RAW rating should be between a 2.4 and a 2.6. Vince is going to panic and give The Ryback the belt on Sunday!!!

Owzyq.gif

Be ready at 10am people

Awesome thanks dude.

BlazinAm

Ryback only has one strike against himself, but I think if you leave the company and then comeback they remove a strike? I think?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Punk could have been a bigger deal than he ever reached if they didn't kneecap him by trying to mold him into the prototype asshole babyface or maybe if they held back his return after MITB 2011. As of right now he is at a plateau, I don't think he could ever be as big of a face as he was July 17th 2011 but he could be a huge deal as a heel if they just let go of the reigns on him completely.

The man is smart and understands how to get to people, I think if they just let him hold the title and charge him with becoming the most toxic human being ever between now and say... Wrestlemania 29 he could deliver in a big way.

Or if their next course of action after having Punk beat Cena for the title was something other than having Punk beat cena to become the "undisputed" wwe champion (wtf? He beat cena for the WWE title 8 days before they made Cena the champ again with a 2nd, paper championship reign. If they wanted to do that angle it should have been anyone BUT cena, since CEna's the guy who lost to punk in the first place.)... not to mention having Punk drop th e belt to del rio immediately after becoming the undisputed champion when del rio cashed in... and then CENA, not punk, gets to feud with del rio.

So bad.

Also, can't beleive Vince didn't get ice cream bars re-circulated.

Wrestling iPPV Now Possible Via Xbox 360
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 10.23.2012

Thanks to the new dashboard update…

- Chris GST at PWPonderings reports that the new Dashboard update to the Xbox 360 that launched last week has made viewing iPPVs possible via the console. The update added Internet Explorer and PWP confirmed that streaming for Smart Mark Video, Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate USA all work via the browser.

Smark Mark Video, as a reminder, is testing their iPPV capabilities this weekend with a free iPPV of CHIKARA and Wrestling is Fun matches.

Dope!

Kaladin

My entire set-up is run through a powerful computer which doubles as a media center and gaming machine with a dual monitor set-up. The TV is a 40" Samsung set and the monitor is a 27" LG. I actually have cable running through the computer with a cable card set-up using a Ceton InfiniTV 4 USB DVR so I get my standard TV on the computer also. The television is only hooked up to the PC via an HDMI cable and everything I run through it looks as good as broadcast tv. I watch television via Windows Media Center and Netflix, Hulu and iPPVs via a web browser. I use my PS3 for blu-ray discs and Amazon Instant Video rentals (only because for some strange reason it defaults to SD on a PC).

I hope RAW drops to late Nitro era ratings. That would be glorious.

They are already very close. Nitro at the end of WCW was doing low 2.0's. It never fell below 2.0 though except for holiday shows.

The final Nitro did a 3.0 rating. The four Nitros before that all did 2.1.

Raw officially did a 2.5, however it was the lowest rated non-holiday episode of Raw in more than 15 years, as it was a lower 2.5 (2.48 compared to 2.54) than the one on 10/1 according to Meltzer.

Kaladin

Raw officially did a 2.5, however it was the lowest rated non-holiday episode of Raw in more than 15 years, as it was a lower 2.5 (2.48 compared to 2.54) than the one on 10/1 according to Meltzer.

aAtK7.gif

Dear Vince,

FIX YOUR PRODUCT.

Signed,

3,000,000 potential viewers.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I never understand why people want ratings to go lower. If the ratings get worse, it'll be Cena and Sheamus 24/7, with nonsense Vince thrown in, with HHH video recaps, afterwards.

jmdajr

I never understand why people want ratings to go lower. If the ratings get worse, it'll be Cena and Sheamus 24/7, with nonsense Vince thrown in, with HHH video recaps, afterwards.
Yeah. I'd like the wrestling business to stay healthy. I'd get no pleasure with WWE demise.

The company needs a kick in the ass badly. With no WCW or ECW around anymore and TNA being a total non-factor, they have no motivation beyond bad ratings.

The Attitude Era came out of Raw slumping down to a 1.9 rating in September 1996.

Kaladin

At least TNA is trying to create suspense in their product with stuff like Aces & Eights.....Vince only has suspense in his product when Cena is injured and you don't know what he's going to do next.

If the ratings get low enough they might actually stop living in 1997-2001 and try something new and different. So please ratings, fall and fall, and keep on fallin'.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The company needs a kick in the ass badly. With no WCW or ECW around anymore and TNA being a total non-factor, they have no motivation beyond bad ratings.

The Attitude Era came out of Raw slumping down to a 1.9 rating in September 1996.
What do you guys think will happen? Ratings start going lower, and the WWE just says, "Oh shit, I guess we better start trying again."

It's not like they're not trying, they just suck. Vince has lost it, HHH isn't any better, whenever ratings have gotten bad, their solution has always been to push Cena more, and just change GMs to "shake things up." All they would do now is kill off the tag division, end Hell No, and push HHH, Cena, and Sheamus, with probably ryback as the "new star".

It's over people. Stone Cold isn't walking through that door.

Top Bottom