• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey, did you guys know that I know CM Punk? Not a lot of people know that about me, Colt. I try to be real quiet about it and don't mention it every other week on twitter.

zychi

Banned
They need to turn half their roster Heel/Face already the only people to properly turn in the last 2 years so far have been Punk and Bryan thats it everybody has been the same for too long

Turn Face
-Del Rio
-The Miz

Turn Heel
-Orton
-AJ
-Kofi
-Truth
-Rey Mysterio
-Shaemus (just admit hes been a heel the whole time)

Tweener
-Ziggler
-Wade Barret

Edit: This is fantasy to make the product better will never happen
so basically have three faces in del rio, miz and cena, and everyone else is a heel?

time for the recycle cycle to start up again in this thread apparently.

got a link to a video of this?
CM Punk on commentary makes these already good NXT segments amazing.

Musical Chairs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgSGPBaRWI

Extra: Talk the talk challange (This is amazing as well)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN9m5noXqus

so basically have three faces in del rio, miz and cena, and everyone else is a heel?

time for the recycle cycle to start up again in this thread apparently.
Those are just the people i care about use the other people not listed to balance it out but those are the ones that need to turn that have been there for too long as Face or Heel. Plus the match ups would change at least if Ziggler fights kofi again for the 10000th time the roles would be changed. And new match ups would come up like this Monday had Bryan vs Ziggler since Bryan just turned Tweener

Sokantish

Who is that?

derrick-bateman-bio.png

strobogo

Banned
I think WWE should go 2005 and make all their champions new young guys all at once. Ryback beats Punk, Dolph beats Sheamus, someone weird and random like Johnny Tango Curtis over Kofi, keep Claudio and Hell No feuding with Rhodes Scholars and then PTP. Go all in on that shit. All on one show, too.

*sassy remark that ignores valid arguments in post being quoted*

*sassy gif*

PopGAF and WrassleGAF are more alike than many would care to admit.
I think WWE should go 2005 and make all their champions new young guys all at once. Ryback beats Punk, Dolph beats Sheamus, someone weird and random like Johnny Tango Curtis over Kofi, keep Claudio and Hell No feuding with Rhodes Scholars and then PTP. Go all in on that shit. All on one show, too.

2nzsa.jpg

I don't really consider Dolph a "new young guy."

And if people thought Punk's reign was "meh," I can only imagine how they'd feel after a month of Ryback as champ. He's so one note, it's not even funny.
PopGAF and WrassleGAF are more alike than many would care to admit.
...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

*tears up*

HiResDes

For anybody that's into rap, I'd like to present Wrassle-Gaf with a wrestling themed gangbanging free mixtape to headbang to in the car. Think of this as a present for participating in our duel with Pop-Gaf, no G-Fex.

1. Triple HHH (Prod. Jujuan Allen)
2. Latino Heat ft. Bodega Bamz (Prod. Joey Fatts)
3. Hannah Montana ft. Desi Mo
4. Hell in a Cell (Prod. Lil Fresh)
5. 187 ft. Joey Fatts (Prod. Joey Fatts)
6. Bluhd Clot (Prod. Trade Voorhees)
7. Bust Dat Pussy (Prod. Dj Burn One)
8. Foreign Hoe (Prod. Jay Curry)
9. Mini Van Dan (Prod. Trade Voorhees)
10. Molly Maid ft. Vince Staples (Prod. Joey Fatts)
11. Very Legendary ft. Da$h &Retch (Prod. Joey Fatts)
12. Fallen Angel (Prod. Eli Myles)

Triple H (Video)

They need to turn half their roster Heel/Face already the only people to properly turn in the last 2 years so far have been Punk and Bryan thats it everybody has been the same for too long

Turn Face
-Del Rio
-The Miz

Turn Heel
-Orton
-AJ
-Kofi
-Truth
-Rey Mysterio
-Shaemus (just admit hes been a heel the whole time)
-Cena

Tweener
-Ziggler
-Wade Barret

Edit: This is fantasy to make the product better will never happen

Make this happen. Legend Killer Orton and Thug Life Cena was awesome.

strobogo

Banned
Plywood fucking bringing it. Perfect breakdown. Also, I'm sad that I forgot they did that with the titles not even a year ago. Cunt, Cunt with tats made me lol.

No, they were still awful. Those two are just athletes and will never be anything more no matter what scripts and gimmicks you throw at them.

Stewie Style "Say What?"

It's gotta be alot better than whats going on now..

This monday was the first RAW I checked out in 3 weeks and it seem like I didn't miss out on anything new since the last PPV. Right now I'm leaning to not getting the PPV on Sunday because IMO
Everyone gonna remain the champ and highly doubt it Zig Zags gonna cash in

Watching Main Event on the DVR...meh @ the Ryback squash on Ziggler. Whoever suggested Heyman should become his mouthpiece was right, though...he really sold him.

Layla's story in the Susan G. Komen commercial gets me every time. My mother is a breast cancer survivor, and hearing about her loss really hits me in the heart.

strobogo

Banned
Vader Jr's gimmick in NXT bums me the fuck out. He's a pretty boy who is your girlfriend's favorite wrestler. The fuck. VADER's son has a pretty boy gimmick. How ridiculous is that. The only Vader related things are some sweet body shots in the corner, tapping his wrist (because it's time, but doesn't do the V or say anything) before a finish and Regal talking about Vader instilling a pushup regimen starting at 5 years old. Nonsense. He's pretty decent in the ring, though.

This episode of NXT (last week's) is pretty good. Vader Jr. and Trent Barreta had a really good match, Damien Sandow heeling on the Impact Zone 2.0, and a 6 man main event of Hero/Ascension vs Steamboat/the Usos. Anecdotes about Sandow's knee pads. I bet he's the best at house shows, what with his old school heeling and stalling. I can only imagine how fun Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars would be in a house show format. He kind of looks like El Cunado.

"He's a dandy, isn't he? He's an old fashioned dandy."- William Regal, said seconds after saying "I love a dashing young man, do you believe that?"

I wish the Usos were involved in the tag division. They should be on Smackdown, at least. I also really enjoy the Hero/Steamboat feud and can't wait for them to have a long match.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What a terrible Main Event. Real shame as I honestly love the idea of build up for two long matches, especially after having a good championship match last time.

How come Lumberjack matches aren't in wrestling games anymore? Those were fun.

After playing WWE 13 and remembering all the weird glitches from WWE 12, I can't imagine how much of a mess it would be if they tried that. Suddenly half the lumberjacks become slendermen when their geometry is distorted, a quarter of the wrestlers start randomly floating into the air, the rest get stuck in a weird hit-fall down-recover loop.

Have we even heard Ryback on the mic yet? He needs to be able to talk and carry storylines.

We have, in gimmick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K15CiHAVSM&feature=player_detailpage#t=176s

Why are people assuming that Ryback can't wrestle? Goldberg wasn't that good either, but damn it, his match with DDP in 98 was pretty damn good to me.

I expect something similar here.

That's less Goldberg and more DDP doing everything he can to put on a great match and being so willing to schedule out everything and initiate most everything. It's been seven years and I still see Ryback being able to follow like that.

Though I admit it's not impossible. Ryback is at least as capable of being able to do some good matches as Alicia Fox. Hmm, that's a thought. Put Ryback in contention for that Inter-Gender Title, he can lift girls... no wait I just remember him having trouble in OVW even being in the ring with a girl.

Ryback also needs a new finisher. Something more high impact and easier to pull off.

The Worm. I want to see him use The Worm.

AJ vs. Eve, I'm very excited.

I dislike this whole AJ/Cena/affair story as it is, but a big point is because they feel the need to use AJ just so Cena can be in a feud with Vicky (hopefully not with Dolph). What they could have done, what I wish they had done, is actually have AJ turn out to be the one wearing the blonde wig and be the person who attacked Kaitlyn because they have a history.

Turn that into Eve being innocent this entire time, lead that into a feud with AJ being the crazy manipulator that all the other divas can't stand. It worked for FCW. Weird facial expressions and demented giggling included.

Ok guys.

Tough question but who would you prefer to see as WHC? Either Sheamus or Miz ??

Honestly? Miz. If he puts on matches like he did against Kofi for the IC title on main event, I could accept him as a world champion this time around. He can talk into the camera and keep me interested even though I really don't like him and give a chance for others to talk back to him (ignore guest stars) and showcase their skills if someone new goes after the title.

Sheamus I'm really quite tired of as a despicable "face" that makes Hulk Hogan's ego heelish good guy tactics seem nice and respectable and he's not going to change as long as he is champion and representing Smackdown.

At least this Sheamus. I wouldn't mind O'Shaunessy as World Heavyweight Champion.
http://youtu.be/1I0b3rpYAXA

Come on, man! Derrick Bateman, right?

Oh is that Dean Ambrose's new ring name?

Bryan did a figure four and JR mentioned something about past "nature boys" performing that move or something

I, for one, will greatly cheer for the ghost of Buddy Rogers as the new general manager.

Where's Bootay been? I need my chaos stable mates

Speaking of CHAOS, in the upcoming New Japan World tag league Nakamura & Okada said they won't team together because they believe it would make the tournament too one-sided, so instead there will be at least two CHAOS teams in the tag league. Awesome.

Also, Naito finally had his surgery and he should be back at least by June.

jmdajr

WWE Calls out Trump/footing the bill on Trumps Birther crusade?

Only Donald Trump can seemingly turn an act of charity into the plague.

The single largest contributor to the Donald J. Trump Foundation — as listed on 990 forms filed with the Internal Revenue Service — is denying it gave $5 million to the coiffed one.

World Wrestling Entertainment, which now just goes by the WWE, distanced itself Wednesday from Trump, amid The Donald’s promise to pay $5 million to the charity of President Obama’s choice if the commander-in-chief releases all of his college and passport records.

As much as the Stamford-based branding machine likes to say it’s a publicly-traded company, the WWE is Vince and Linda McMahon, the latter of whom is pitted in a tight race for the U.S. Senate in Connecticut.

The press shop at the WWE didn’t do the wrestling matriarch any favors, however.

“WWE has not made any donation to the Donald J. Trump Foundation,” WWE’s Brian Flinn told Hearst Newspapers Wednesday evening. “However, as I understand it, the Vince and Linda McMahon Family Foundation has donated $5 million in total to the Donald J. Trump Foundation.”

more

:\

McNei1y

It's me, it's me, it's McNei1y!

*no pop at all*

After playing WWE 13 and remembering all the weird glitches from WWE 12, I can't imagine how much of a mess it would be if they tried that. Suddenly half the lumberjacks become slendermen when their geometry is distorted, a quarter of the wrestlers start randomly floating into the air, the rest get stuck in a weird hit-fall down-recover loop.

That gives me even more of a reason to avoid getting tossed outside.

Here's a 50 minute documentary that's just been released about Finlay and his families place in Irish wrestling;

The Fit Finlays

"Documentary featuring Ireland's most famous wrestling family The Fit Finlays. The Finlays from Carrickfergus have kept traditional wrestling in Ireland alive for three generations. They have been central to both the olympic and professional wrestling scenes. This is true wrestling documentary about real wrestlers. Also features legends such as Rasputin the Mad Monk, the Amazing Kung Fu and the sadly missed Orig Williams."

Top Bottom