• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Kyoufu

Watched the Punk DVD finally. It was amazing. Explained "King of the Indies" and how much of a boss he was in the indie scene.

Cringed whenever Triple H talked though. I hate Triple H.

jmdajr

Why haven't you bought it yet? It's fantastic.

Don't think too much about myself these days with the new kid. I do have some best buy coupons, so I'm thinking of using em. I did buy the Edge and Chris Jericho ones. I know they are on Netflix but it was worth getting anyhow.

PAC debuted with NXT yesterday as Ben Sacilly. They were able to find a name worse than PAC for him. I wish they would have used my idea and called him James Blonde now.

Ithil

PAC debuted with NXT yesterday as Ben Sacilly. They were able to find a name worse than PAC for him. I wish they would have used my idea and called him James Blonde now.

When they pick any name for someone, they should do a test where they simply say, in the main event of Wrestlemania, "_____ vs. *WWE Legend*"

If it sounds stupid, change the fucking name.

No one called "Sacilly" is going to sound like a potential WWE champion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ohmygod it's my first time seeing that, good lord. The gimmick is just so bad, It would be much easier to swallow if he just talked like he always did and stopped with the hunger/eating terminology.

Big Hungry :D what

Ithil

And I thought Kassius ohno was bad. I guess it's the Daniel Brayan thing of not wanting your name to be copyrighted if things don't work out

Daniel Bryan is a solid name though, not fancy but it doesn't sound lame, either. "Ohno" and "Sacilly" are just silly sounding.

At least he isn't Sir Peter McKnight or something along those lines. I'm sure James Blonde will be the main roster gimmick! Don't lose faith dude.

Kaladin

The only way a name like Sacilly would work is if they give him Regal's WCW gimmick and make him Lord Benjamin Sacilly. But he's not brawling heel, he's an awesome technical high flyer.

Almost finished watching through the CM Punk Blu-Ray, my GF got it for me for my birthday the other day and man really enjoyed it, so good. Finally one of my favs gets a DVD set worth mentioning, I was anticipating it a lot and just happy it didn't disappoint.

Had to lol @ Kofi jobbing even on Street Fight though.

Now I'm looking forward to the NWO set. :D

You know what makes me sad? Punk did some sick moves back in the indies.

His moveset today is nowhere near as impressive. :(

He had a nice reverse ddt which I liked, and while the Pepsi Plunge was cool, it also looked kinda dangerous. He also did some dumb shit, like he'd often use an exploder suplex on guys much bigger than him and it just didn't look right. I don't like some things about his current move-set, but would say that it's generally more well rounded than before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He had a nice reverse ddt which I liked, and while the Pepsi Plunge was cool, it also looked kinda dangerous. He also did some dumb shit, like he'd often use an exploder suplex on guys much bigger than him and it just didn't look right. I don't like some things about his current move-set, but would say that it's generally more well rounded than before.

You missin' those "Muay-Thai kicks" eh

Alucard

Banned
You know what makes me sad? Punk did some sick moves back in the indies.

His moveset today is nowhere near as impressive. :(

This is pretty much true for every indy wrestler in the WWE today. Go and watch Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Storm on youtube right now. Just do it. And then weep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJp4V2Ei3Mc (includes a Danielson heel promo near the beginning, and his original entrance music..."The Final Countdown"...the actual match starts around the five-minute mark)

497571987_49a3ced978_z.jpg

I miss the badass American Dragon.

bryan-danielson.jpg

Ithil

He still gets to pull out masterpieces, though, like Bryan vs. Punk at Over The Limit.

It's just the normal TV matches tend to be standard WWE matches, not much beyond the signature moves.

Submissions need a revival like the tag team division.

What about Sheamus and his cloverleaf he's forgotten how to use like the other 3 odd finishers he has aside from Brogue Kick?

Then there's those heel submissions which never win any matches because we can't have those good guys tapping out, take a bow ADR, Swagger and even Bryan, if you guys aren't against jobbers then don't expect me to believe that anyone will tap out to your finisher, Jericho's career exists to show evidence of this point.

HiResDes

Seeing that Bryan Danielson match versus Lance Storm really makes me quite sad. I don't understand why so many talented wrestlers got little to no push in the WWE. Sure he doesn't have the greatest charisma, but you can push that. You can market him as a cold, heartless heel and it just adds variety to the roster. It seems like everyone has such a big repetitive gimmick in the WWE. They are always go straight for the highest, most braindead stimulant, without any regard as to what will be set up later.

This is pretty much true for every indy wrestler in the WWE today. Go and watch Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Storm on youtube right now. Just do it. And then weep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJp4V2Ei3Mc (includes a Danielson heel promo near the beginning, and his original entrance music..."The Final Countdown"...the actual match starts around the five-minute mark)
497571987_49a3ced978_z.jpg

I miss the badass American Dragon.

bryan-danielson.jpg

I wish someone today would use the song as their entrance ..

E
basically punk took the best in the world phrase from D Brine?

Top Bottom