• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

You smell what the Xbox is cooking

A6EXJPgCAAEb6aW.jpg

McNei1y

I still can't believe the Rock and Sock connection was actually a tag team. That's how awesome the tag team belts were for a period. I mean, hell, one of the best Raw matches featured the Tag Belts: Jericho and Benoit vs SCSA and HHH.

I'd have to think Rock and Sock would win in that match. It would be interesting to see D Bry mixed with those two.

Ithil

I really want to see a WM feud between Rock and Bryan. I'd more interested in it than Rock vs. Punk, in fact. Punk's destiny is against Austin, not Rock.

Bryan has evolved into someone who could hang with Rock if you let him.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Usually folks we have a run sheet and I can tell you what's coming up next but tonight I have no idea what's coming up next!

McNei1y

Well he's a good worker. So that's definitely not a problem.

In ring he isn't too bad. The Punk/Sheamus Lumberjack was okay. Something looked a bit off. I want to be able to consider him a top tier wrestler but everything is so predictable and boring. Same with ADR. Loss after loss after loss...

Kaladin

Question: Would you guys like Sheamus if his matches weren't predictable and if he wasn't such a douche "face"?

Probably, He's got a unique look and potential for a unique character, but yeah....he's just a douche babyface who acts like a heel and every match ends with LOL Brogue Kick. His matches aren't really that bad, but no matter how long they go or who he's wrestling it ends with a brogue kick. I just tend to tune out every time I see him wrestle because I know how it will end 9.9999/10 times.

Cagey

Banned
Question: Would you guys like Sheamus if his matches weren't predictable and if he wasn't such a douche "face"?

Well he's a good worker. So that's definitely not a problem.

Right answer. I think Sheamus is pretty damn good in the ring and he gets better as time passes. It's not his fault he's booked this way. Sure, the predictability can be disappointing, but he's participating and contributing (not being carried) to quality, entertaining wrestling matches before the ending.

McNei1y

Right answer. I think Sheamus is pretty damn good in the ring and he gets better as time passes. It's not his fault he's booked this way. Sure, the predictability can be disappointing, but he's participating and contributing (not being carried) to quality, entertaining wrestling matches before the ending.

Yea. I mean, it's not that I hate Sheamus but I hate his character right now... Just like I hate Cena's. They're horribly written.

Ithil

Well, I WAS a big fan of Sheamus' until this year. He's a great worker, but his reign is deathly boring and his face character/promos are terrible.

If he was a monster heel type again he'd be one of the top guys for me.

Cagey

Banned
Yea. I mean, it's not that I hate Sheamus but I hate his character right now... Just like I hate Cena's. They're horribly written.

Well, I disagree there. Sheamus may have a horribly written character, but he's a quality in-ring performer, so I don't mind his current status as dominant babyface that much. Boring? Yeah kinda, but his matches are entertaining.

Cena is hot garbage errwhere except selling merch.

Aiii

So not worth it
My 29 year old ass wears a baseball cap when I'm not at work. In fact, I'm wearing a hoodie right now as well. Punk is clearly a People's Champion.

dubq

WWE champion, dressed like a preteen
tumblr_luo90i6K1Q1r6w04zo1_500.jpg

NJPW champions, dressed like men
hv1yo.jpg

Not that I disagree with the difference between the two.. but the "preteen" comment is just dumbassery at it's finest. Honestly, if hoodies and baseball caps are pre-teen then I'd hate to see what you think "average joe" type folks wear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not that I disagree with the difference between the two.. but the "preteen" comment is just dumbassery at it's finest. Honestly, if hoodies and baseball caps are pre-teen then I'd hate to see what you think "average joe" type folks wear.

Most 'grown folk' in my area don't wear hoodies with graphics on the back.

Anth0ny

The Punk documentary was really well done. They were wise to stop it at Money in the Bank and not go into... Kevin Nash and HHH.

I wish Vince spoke about what was going on behind the scenes leading into MITB with Punk. Hayes did a good job playing the corporate "bad guy", at least.

Top Bottom