• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

jmdajr

That's just not Punk's style. But some folks care about that, like the Miz.

Punk is saving for retirement! He's not going to be broke like Flair.

kwWYj.jpg
eZalv.jpg

I still can't believe this happened. I don't remember if I laughed while watching, but looking back, what a terrible moment.

96 Stone Cold would never ask to wear someone's jacket and ask to do commentary. He'd just do it....Except for wearing HHH's jacket, he wouldn't do that because that's a clown move. More people need to be 96 Stone Cold

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Pop-GAF got ruined in that thread. Always depend on wrestling.

I still can't believe this happened. I don't remember if I laughed while watching, but looking back, what a terrible moment.

96 Stone Cold would never ask to wear someone's jacket and ask to do commentary. He'd just do it....Except for wearing HHH's jacket, he wouldn't do that because that's a clown move. More people need to be 96 Stone Cold

He went corporate, and he also wore a suit because Vince asked him to. STONE COLD AIN'T SHIT. HE'S A COMPANY MAN LIKE PUNK IS.

Cagey

Banned
He went corporate, and he also wore a suit because Vince asked him to. STONE COLD AIN'T SHIT. HE'S A COMPANY MAN LIKE PUNK IS.

Company Man Punk was the ultimate heel turn if they had rode the MITB 2011 wave through to its conclusion, instead of crashing into the fucking pier that is Nash and H's.

It was meant to be ironic and humorous. If you still think it's dopey, cool - but I just wonder if people got that.

Punk asking for it I thought was a clever callback to the first few times he was put on commentary and how upset he was over having to wear a jacket. It seemed like he was mocking the absurdity of the angle.

The bigger transgression was how pathetic and poorly plotted the whole HHH COO/walkout storyline all was.

It was meant to be ironic and humorous. If you still think it's dopey, cool - but I just wonder if people got that.

I get it, but it's still terrible. June 27th 2011 Pipe Bomb Punk was a mean, blunt SOB, but October 10th 2011 Punk is goofy, ironic, and buddy buddy with HHH? Nahhh, son, not feeling it.

EDIT: Looking back, I only praised Punk actually being on commentary, not the lead up to it. I probably hated it last year too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
so does pop gaf have like 4 gifs.

Pretty much. Wrestling actually produces a lot of new and interesting content on a weekly basis, so there's always a great pool for us to dip from. They have a couple old-ass TV shows and desperately wait for TMZ videos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bet you all that Ryback wins on Sunday. If I win, you guys have to use Ryback avatars.

Yeah! All of you unbelievers!

Define "wins" though. Actual decision-wins? Or OBTAINS CHAMPIONSHIP wins?

I think Ryback will win, no titelz though.

Cagey

Banned
Speaking of Ryback, here's a article from Grantland today about him:

How to Make a Monster

TMM often spits truth, but we didn't wanna heard him

Moreover, though, he appeals to a more naive part of all wrestling fans — the part that once screamed indignity when Hulk Hogan was wronged and that swooned for the Ultimate Warrior. Even for the old, jaded, hardened fans like me, wrestling speaks to a time in our lives when we saw the world in simpler terms. CM Punk can wax nostalgic all he wants, but Ryback is a wrestling fan's happiest memories come back to life.

I bet you all that Ryback wins on Sunday. If I win, you guys have to use Ryback avatars.

I'll take this bet on two conditions.
The first is that Ryback has to win. Any other decision (split, no contest, whatever) and I win the bet.
The second is that if I win you have to sport a Bo Rotundo avatar.

strobogo

Banned
The dumbest thing about the walk out angle was that things were actually calmer than they had been for years. Most if not all of the problems were either regular problems that had been happening for over a decade, or in direct response to HHH having to clean up Vince's erratic behavior.

The dumbest thing about the walk out angle was that things were actually calmer than they had been for years. Most if not all of the problems were either regular problems that had been happening for over a decade, or in direct response to HHH having to clean up Vince's erratic behavior.

I'm pretty certain that people were raped and murdered on SmackDown! while Teddy Long was in charge and that mother fucker was in that job forever without anyone saying shit about it.

McNei1y

The first is that Ryback has to win. Any other decision (split, no contest, whatever) and I win the bet.
OEx9n.gif

I'd take that bet if I were actually confident that he'd win. I also wanted to see who'd take it.

BzMNm.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Good conditions, accept the bet McNei1y!

jmdajr

That Ryback article is all well and good, but the problem is botching the moves. Heck you cant botch a body slam or boot really. And expecting brock/goldbergness is too much. Those type of freaks dont happen too often.

Alucard

Banned
I wish someone today would use the song as their entrance ..

E
basically punk took the best in the world phrase from D Brine?

I'm not sure how far the "best in the world" line goes back, at least in the form of a guy focusing on it as his catch phrase, and the crowd actually chanting it. As far as I know, I've only heard it used in ROH with crowds chanting it for Bryan Danielson and later on for Davey Richards (aka Chris Benoit 2.0).

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Top Bottom