• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Aiii

So not worth it
benoit wouldve had none this aj shit.

he wouldve shoved the anime figures down her throat until she admitted to being a poser

But you realise she's not a poser right? I mean, you're free to hate on anyone you want, but at least do it for good resons heh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But you realise she's not a poser right? I mean, you're free to hate on anyone you want, but at least do it for good resons heh.

She said she had a Vita, didn't she? That's enough evidence for me that she doesn't play games.

I'm KIDDING

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You better be, I love my Vita and I sill have a shimmer of hope it will still get new games in a year. :(

SHUT UP, I'm buying a vita to play Persona 4 again!

I got a PS2 copy that's pretty old if you want to play it again. Seriously I hope it gets MORE games, but it doesn't look so good. I've been burned too many times being an early adopter. Then again the PSP looked like shit for a while, but it got rollin' and has some of my favorite portable games on it. That's right, Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 5 - I love that shit.

Hey guys, I'm sitting in my corner office at work right now wearing a hoodie. Guess I'll never be a New Japan champion.

Office at work? Janitor closet?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It must be really hard being someone like Colt.

He's a no-name wrestler who's only claim to fame is riding on the coattails of his best friend CM Punk. They both wrestled together years ago, Punk is now the WWE Champion and Colt is currently scrambling to make ends meet at your local leisure centre.

The guy is kind of pathetic when you think about it.

I wonder if it eats at him inside at how successful his best friend has been while he's spending his days telling everyone how much of a professional wrestler he is on his silly little podcast. Only time anyone listens to it or buys any of his merch is when he gets a RT from his friend.

Sad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

He's a no-name wrestler who's only claim to fame is riding on the coattails of his best friend CM Punk. They both wrestled together years ago, Punk is now the WWE Champion and Colt is currently scrambling to make ends meet at your local leisure centre.

I wonder if it eats at him inside at how successful his best friend has been while he's spending his days telling everyone how much of a professional wrestler he is on his silly little podcast. Only time anyone listens to it or buys any of his merch is when he gets a RT from his friend.

Sad.

I wouldn't feel too bad. I'm sure he's taken care of to a degree. Glad he's working on his comedy, because in the near future, he's not going to be able to wrestle anymore.

Sad.

lolkay

I wouldn't feel too bad. I'm sure he's taken care of to a degree. Glad he's working on his comedy, because in the near future, he's not going to be able to wrestle anymore.

Colt's body gotta be done after the matches he had this year.. Especially with The 7 levels of Hate with Adam Pierce

Sorry, it just kind of amuses me when people only ever really bring up Colt when it's to do with Punk.

I don't hate the guy, I just think he's kind of in this weird position.

Hmm... I'd say Matt Classic is one of the best characters ever and Colt himself has some of the best comedic timing in wrestling today, with really only Marchie Archie/RD Evans/MAHS and arguably Chuck Taylor being better.
I just don't see why the dude gets so much hate. Yeah, he capitalizes on his relationship with his best friend and he uses his free podcast as a platform to make money and shill his gear. So fucking what? It's wrestling, that's how the business has always worked, ever since the days of Lincoln.

I just like how this thread is becoming a race to the bottom to see who can bitch the most about trivial shit.

Ithil

benoit wouldve had none this aj shit.

he wouldve shoved the anime figures down her throat until she admitted to being a poser

If you don't care about video games, why are you doing the old "super insecure and furiously suspicious of all female gamers" thing?

I mean, Punk is at Comic-Con or whatever, he's doing an introduction for an Avengers comic, he yells a comic catchphrase during his entrance, but I don't hear anyone calling him a poser.

Jitters

If you don't care about video games, why are you doing the old "super insecure and furiously suspicious of all female gamers" thing?

I mean, Punk is at Comic-Con or whatever, he's doing an introduction for an Avengers comic, he yells a comic catchphrase during his entrance, but I don't hear anyone calling him a poser.

I said that months ago. A girl does something like that " She tries so hard to get boys' attention!". Like she would even need to try. Give me a break.

Persp, you're into comedic wrestling right? You should check out Santino! THAT DUDE IS FUNNY

I like levity in some matches and some serious matches. The more important thing is if they are able to achieve what they are going for. Cabana/Peck at High Noon last year was a stand out as a phenomenal match, despite the fact that the comedic element behind it turns a lot of people off.

Santino is an under appreciated talent. For all of the sock puppetry and shitty superstars matches he gets, the rare times they let him go out and perform (Elimination Chamber this year stands out) he does pretty well.
That said, the majority of his matches are really bad comedy wrestling. Pulling out a sock puppet to hit your move with a snake move isn't funny, the only times they've gotten mileage out of it are the times like when he was wearing one on his foot. There are enough funny tropes in wrestling to play with that you should be able to toy with the audience's expectations in order to get a laugh.

Right now I think a program between Regal and Santino would be amazing and would teach Santino a thing or two about humour.

You're right. It was a much better thread when people just spoke in JPGs or GIFs.

Yep.

Ithil

I said that months ago. A girl does something like that " She tries so hard to get boys' attention!". Like she would even need to try. Give me a break.

Well they're inevitably damned if they do, damned if they don't. They hate anything slightly "geeky", and the average guy on the internet gets offended and insults them. They say anything slightly in support of something "geeky", and the average guy on the internet blows up and accuses them of being "fake" and then insults them.

It gets tiresome to watch.

Lunchbox

Banned
Well they're inevitably damned if they do, damned if they don't. They hate anything slightly "geeky", and the average guy on the internet gets offended and insults them. They say anything slightly in support of something "geeky", and the average guy on the internet blows up and accuses them of being "fake" and then insults them.

It gets tiresome to watch.
wow we have fucking aj white knights now

wheres Dream, lu kang baking a pie, matthew gallant and JDfox. theres too many weirdos in this thread now. the old wrasslin thread crew needs to take it back. im like dixie carter watching tna getting eaten by hogan

jmdajr

Vince Claims $5 Million Donation to Trump Charity

Following a statement released yesterday by WWE claiming that the company did not donate $5 million to the Donald J. Trump Foundation, Vince McMahon told TimesUnion.com that he personally donated the money to the charity.
The following is an excerpt from the Times Union report:

The revelation comes one day after the WWE (formerly World Wrestling Entertainment) disputed an online report that it had been most generous to Trump’s charity, which the Smoking Gun website suggested might foot the bill for The Donald’s $5 million offer publicity stunt for President Obama’s college and passport records.

WWE previously said that the Vincent and Linda McMahon Family Foundation gave the $5 million to Trump, who has long questioned Obama’s citizenship and eligibility to run for president.

please get out of politics...

Jitters

I would love to see a Santino WHC reign, seriously. Seeing the reaction he got at the Rumble and The Chamber made me believe it even more. I picture it going a lot like Foley's TNA title reign. Maybe he could even get lucky every match and have a surprisingly long run. I think it would be fun.

I wanted him to win MITB more than Dolph. They could have Dolph win the belt when ever they want, but Santino would need special circumstances. The MitB would be perfect. Just imagine the crowd if Santino ran to the ring to cash it in.

McNei1y

Do you guys think there will be another big star in the WWE or is this it?

I hope there will be more. I say this every other day here, we need more stars. Creative needs to bust its ass. Look at how many guys we had in the early 2000's that were Main Event material.... Now look at it in 2012. It's getting better than the later 2000's but it still needs work.

Ithil

wheres Dream, lu kang baking a pie, matthew gallant and JDfox. theres too many weirdos in this thread now. the old wrasslin thread crew needs to take it back. im like dixie carter watching tna getting eaten by hogan

ibnXjsiyYjSXr9.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Folks like Beef, Panda, and more are representing Neo-Neo-GAF even though I've lurked for a zillion years. Don't wish for the old days. They'll taste like ashes in your mouth.

I would like to gently caress AJ and hold her close to me. Let that be an end to it.

What's with the Rybackatars?

I'm a Rybacker. A Banana Ryde-backer. Ryback!

Aiii

So not worth it

We're slowly reaching "old cat lady"-levels of incoherency here.

Dude, whatever you're on you need to get off it, now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I became a Rybacker within a day. I can see the potential of his character and it's a welcome change. I just hope he makes use of it and doesn't have a botch on Punk's head.

I've been high on Ryback since back when I saw Skip Sheffield give some sick-ass clotheslines. I was bummed when he hurt his ankle, figured his shot was gone. Then I went back and watched some Ryback from FCW, enjoyed it a lot, and was overjoyed to see him return AS Ryback.

It's been a dream come true, from a dude who loves huge dudes. Not like that. When it comes to sexual times, it's all about that Tokyo Magnum.

Funny how you only seem to think that way when it's about Punk. Not when it's about Cena or Ryback or Orton or Big Show or Kane

?
I was mostly reacting to Lunchbox's little blow up about AJ, a person who I have very little opinion of (positive or negative) at this point. I also defended Santino on this same page, who again I'm not a huge fan of.
In the past I've defended Big Show, Ryback, and Cena. I've come around on Kane recently ...and Randy Orton poops in bags.

I have an issue with the overall tone and general bullshit statements, not who they're directed at.

Top Bottom