• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
?
I was mostly reacting to Lunchbox's little blow up about AJ, a person who I have very little opinion of (positive or negative) at this point. I also defended Santino on this same page, who again I'm not a huge fan of.
In the past I've defended Big Show, Ryback, and Cena. I've come around on Kane recently ...and Randy Orton poops in bags.

I have an issue with the overall tone and general bullshit statements, not who they're directed at.

And yet you bring up the hoodie thing which I hadn't mentioned for 2 pages.

Lunchbox

Banned
?
I was mostly reacting to Lunchbox's little blow up about AJ, a person who I have very little opinion of (positive or negative) at this point. I also defended Santino on this same page, who again I'm not a huge fan of.
In the past I've defended Big Show, Ryback, and Cena. I've come around on Kane recently ...and Randy Orton poops in bags.

I have an issue with the overall tone and general bullshit statements, not who they're directed at.

who are you?

have you even paid your dues yet?

There's two possible outcomes for Sunday:

1) Brock Lesnar interferes and costs Ryback the match

2) Ryback wins

There's no way Punk wins clean and I don't see anyone other than Lesnar being the run-in. Anyone less than Brock would hurt Ryback's push.

Then again, the ratings for the last hour of this past Raw were historically bad so maybe Vince goes flaccid for Ryback, but I doubt it.

Wait wait. Casual Friday is actually a thing?!

I always figured it was a generic sitcom plot device. Wow.

Having cake for some stupid non-event (like a birthday or someone retiring) at 3:00 in the afternoon at least once every couple weeks is also a real thing. Offices are terrible places to work.

jmdajr

2) Ryback wins

There's no way Punk wins clean and I don't see anyone other than Lesnar being the run-in. Anyone less than Brock would hurt Ryback's push.

Then again, the ratings for the last hour of this past Raw were historically bad so maybe Vince goes flaccid for Ryback, but I doubt it.

Punk can still escape. Just have Ryback go "fuck yo stairs nigga" and bust the side of the cage. It will lead to no contest.

BlazinAm

2) Ryback wins

It would count as a ppv use of Brock Lesnar so they might not do that.

I think the finish will be that Ryback breaks one of the cell's siding and Punk runs out of it to a car and leaves.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
wow we have fucking aj white knights now

wheres Dream, lu kang baking a pie, matthew gallant and JDfox. theres too many weirdos in this thread now. the old wrasslin thread crew needs to take it back. im like dixie carter watching tna getting eaten by hogan

People are weirdos for pointing out that you made a post brimming with over-the-top hostility out of fucking nowhere?

Okay, bro.

Kyoufu

Either way, expect Punk to look like a weak, cowardly champion. Fucking awful.

I wish Punk was a big muscly dude they'd actually get behind because they've really molested him ever since he signed.

BlazinAm

Either way, expect Punk to look like a weak, cowardly champion. Fucking awful.

I wish Punk was a big muscly dude they'd actually get behind because they've really molested him ever since he signed.

I've said this before when wwe is ready to wrap up the Cena-Punk feud they will book Punk strong then.

Casual here, which means "do not wear the entire suit"

I thought it meant this:
vlcsnap-74258.png

Those close to Mike Graham believe the final straw that led to his suicide on October 20 was being turned down for a job by TNA Wrestling. On his way to Bike Week in Daytona Beach, he stopped by a TV taping in Orlando and asked about a position on the booking team.

Graham was instantly turned down and was said to be shocked over how quickly TNA rejected him. He told those close to him that his father, WWE Hall of Famer and legendary Florida promoter Eddie Graham, told him he would always be able to find a job in pro wrestling because of his rich family heritage.

He and his wife continued to Bike Week, where he was found dead in a hotel room of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, directly replicating the procedure his father used to end his own life in 1985.

Those close to Graham say he never transitioned well to life after pro wrestling. Graham worked as a road agent and Power Plant trainer for World Championship Wrestling until Vince McMahon bought the struggling promotion in March 2001. He was not offered a position with the WWF, likely due to previous issues with top star Chris Benoit.

A few years ago, Graham sold his father's Championship Wrestling from Florida tape library to Vince McMahon in a seven-figure deal. Mike also requested his father be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the deal, which he was in 2008. Normally, getting millions of dollars would thrill someone, but not in the case of Graham. His friends say it broke his heart to sell his Dad's legacy to Vince, but was necessary since his money was running dry. With the money from the WWE deal slowly evaporating, Graham also attempted to follow his Dad's footsteps in real estate, but the market in Florida collapsed after the recession started in 2008. It still hasn't recovered.

Graham didn't want money. All he wanted was a full time job in the business he was born into and loved dearly. It's believed Graham upped his asking price for the tape library when it became clear WWE did not want to offer him a job.

What makes this story even sadder is that Mike Graham's father and son also committed suicide.

Watching his Florida pro wrestling empire crumble at the hands of Vince McMahon's national expansion of the World Wrestling Federation in the mid-80s, Eddie Graham shot himself in the head on January 21, 1985. Other factors were believed to be a battle with alcoholism, major health issues, and real estate ventures in Florida going bad.

Mike's son, Steven Graham, also committed suicide on December 14, 2010.
New age Von Erichs.

strobogo

Banned
Some weirdness going on here:

People bitching about pro wrestlers selling themselves and their merch? Shitting on Cabana? STILL arguing over if AJ is really a nerd or not? Why does it matter if she is or isn't in the first place? Does it really matter what she does when she isn't on screen? Why are people insisting on bringing stuff like "Kelly Kelly fucked everyone" up? Again, why does that matter and why do so many dudes in 2012 still have to reduce women to who they fuck? Like that girl who was bullied and killed herself. Half the thread was about how she was a slut, which somehow made it ok that she was bullied into killing herself.

Also, Punk hasn't been "molested". You can have the struggled and fought the whole way to get there story, but the truth is that Punk has been a featured star for 4-5 years, had prominent matches on Wrestlemania cards every year since his debut, he's had more TV time devoted to him besides anyone but Cena even when he wasn't in the title picture, he's been the champion for a year in a time period where most guys bounce it back and forth every month, has been the subject of promotional campaigns, has been on all the merchandise. People buy in way too much to the Punk character that they think that is the real guy and the struggles the character brings up aren't in any way exaggerated for effect like his entire gimmick has been his entire career. Punk has always used the "everyone is out to get me, I had to struggle for everything" gimmick. So, while he's definitely been misused at times in WWE, that's still a storyline with the character. Looking objectively, he's had a more successful run than just about anyone in the last decade that isn't Cena or a hold over from the Attitude Era.

Kyoufu

Also, Punk hasn't been "molested". You can have the struggled and fought the whole way to get there story, but the truth is that Punk has been a featured star for 4-5 years, had prominent matches on Wrestlemania cards every year since his debut, he's had more TV time devoted to him besides anyone but Cena even when he wasn't in the title picture, he's been the champion for a year in a time period where most guys bounce it back and forth every month, has been the subject of promotional campaigns, has been on all the merchandise. People buy in way too much to the Punk character that they think that is the real guy and the struggles the character brings up aren't in any way exaggerated for effect like his entire gimmick has been his entire career. Punk has always used the "everyone is out to get me, I had to struggle for everything" gimmick. So, while he's definitely been misused at times in WWE, that's still a storyline with the character. Looking objectively, he's had a more successful run than just about anyone in the last decade that isn't Cena or a hold over from the Attitude Era.

That's one way of looking at it. I however look at it from the angle of Punk's documentary DVD.

He was booked badly (aside from the Jeff Hardy feud). Promotional campaigns? Can you name any?

NawidA

Banned

People bitching about pro wrestlers selling themselves and their merch? Shitting on Cabana? STILL arguing over if AJ is really a nerd or not? Why does it matter if she is or isn't in the first place? Does it really matter what she does when she isn't on screen? Why are people insisting on bringing stuff like "Kelly Kelly fucked everyone" up? Again, why does that matter and why do so many dudes in 2012 still have to reduce women to who they fuck? Like that girl who was bullied and killed herself. Half the thread was about how she was a slut, which somehow made it ok that she was bullied into killing herself.

Yeah the straight up misogyny and spergyness in this thread is ridiculous.

Jitters

TNA's production screw up from Impact last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNsjEiJkDjA
I was laughing so hard when this happened.

Great post. I've been saying this stuff, but no one pays attention to me. You're my new best friend.

STILL arguing over if AJ is really a nerd or not? Why does it matter if she is or isn't in the first place? Does it really matter what she does when she isn't on screen? Why are people insisting on bringing stuff like "Kelly Kelly fucked everyone" up? Again, why does that matter and why do so many dudes in 2012 still have to reduce women to who they fuck? Like that girl who was bullied and killed herself. Half the thread was about how she was a slut, which somehow made it ok that she was bullied into killing herself.

Great post, thought it was worthwhile to highlight this part. I guess I'm also guilty of not calling people out on this shit in this thread, but it's weird how fast and loose people are with the sexist shit in here.

To be fair this is likely the most misogynistic thread here.

That's not really a title we should want...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what particular incident you're referring to with Kelly, but Colt Cabanna was the one who made the tweet about how Kelly 'released many WWE superstars', so I find it odd if you're defending him and then saying to stop bring up Kelly Kelly's 'slutness' when he was one of the biggest harassers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's not really a title we should want...

Nope, but it is what it is. I like women wrestling and don't view it as inferior to the male version at all - at the same time, it's the nature of the business to make it second rate, but yknow on further reflection, I don't think there's any of us who think women wrestling isn't as good as male - just that the most popular female wrestling matches have incapable wrestlers, instead of a lot of the skill you'd see with a SHINE ppv. We have a healthy level of respect for Sara Del Rey and others. We're not the type of group who would enjoy, say, Sable.

Shit, I guess we're the best community ever. It goes a lot deeper than that, too - it's not just those names I listed above. We're not misogynistic as well! Some of these AJ creepers though, I can't apologize for.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't know what particular incident you're referring to with Kelly, but Colt Cabanna was the one who made the tweet about how Kelly 'released many WWE superstars', so I find it odd if you're defending him and then saying to stop bring up Kelly Kelly's 'slutness' when he was one of the biggest harassers.

Did that happen before or after Orton said that he could name at least 10 people Kelly had slept with during a radio interview?

zychi

Banned
Been playing WWE 13 a bit this afternoon. The presentation is solid. The character models are ugly, but the controllers are slightly better than WWE12, slowly making it seem more like the n64 games. Still awkward as hell tho.

The attitude Era stuff is great so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did that happen before or after Orton said that he could name at least 10 people Kelly had slept with during a radio interview?

After - Orton was the one who let the cat out of the bag on that one IIRC.

jmdajr

lol

Been playing WWE 13 a bit this afternoon. The presentation is solid. The character models are ugly, but the controllers are slightly better than WWE12, slowly making it seem more like the n64 games. Still awkward as hell tho.

The attitude Era stuff is great so far.

I can't wait. i have this pre ordered.

Its so weird to walk into the gamestore at my age, and by this game. I always assume they think its for my kids. (don't have any)

jmdajr

WWE13 was going to be my first Wrestling game since Pro Wrestling on NES, but know I won't have time to play. Didn't even really have time for the fighting tournament.

Top Bottom