• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

strobogo

Banned
And you can go by the DVD, but have to realize it is still gimmicked and exagerated for effect. Punk was doing the same stuff in IWA MS about having to struggle and fight against the system and the man. And in a lot of instances, he's had to "fight the system/man" because he's often a douchebag that rubs people the wrong way constantly. So it isn't a surprise when people don't want to give him the chance he feels he deserves.

I say this as a fan of Punk since the IWA days. But he's been a douchebag many times in his career and admits as much. Being a d-bag usually holds you back a bit in any business. People have these crazy expectations that he should have immediately been in the main events and challenging for Cena's spot. Except the truth is, he kind of sucked for a while once he made it to WWE. His ECW run was awkward the whole way through. He had a hard time adjusting to the WWE style, which is ironic since if there was anyone built for "WWE style" on the indies, it was Punk. But he didn't perform to his best when he got called up and then pouted when he didn't get the push he thought he deserved. Cabana got way more fucked over than Punk ever did. And once Punk finally got what he and his fans thought he deserved, people started bitching about him.

As for advertising campaigns, go to Walmart/Kmart/Meijer and you'll see his picture up in clothing and toy sections. He's the cover of the WWE 13 game. He's on posters, he's on Raw and PPV commercials, he's out doing promotion constantly. He's got a pretty good gigi. And once he got all that, he's complained about how much of a pain in the ass it is. He gets what he wants; bitches about it. He gets what he wants; his fans bitch about it. Punk can't be pleased and his fans can't be pleased. Do you think Rock complained when he was the top guy, but Austin was still THE guy?

zychi

Banned
Hearing HHH's "British" music is so fucking weird. Especially when the announcer says he's from Connecticut. I'm used to his Motorhead or Disturbed music.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is from the WWE 13 OT

so this on somethingawful (someone has the game already)

spoiler from one of the attitude era scenarios

"I just finished recreating Montreal complete with Bret spitting on Vince and signing 'WCW' in the air. There's a weird cutscene before it happens where a 'cameraman' walks into a dressing room and we see Vince, Shawn and Triple H planning something, with Hunter saying "F that! If he doesn't want to do business, we'll do business FOR him!" before they notice the cameraman and shut the door "

that's cool as hell they included that (even if it happened in a different location, and day).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For other wrestling-related examples of douchebaggery holding you back in the business, look at Low Ki and Teddy Hart. Both could be HUGE right now, and both are insanely talented, but their attitudes have cost them greatly.

jmdajr

For other wrestling-related examples of douchebaggery holding you back in the business, look at Low Ki and Teddy Hart. Both could be HUGE right now, and both are insanely talented, but their attitudes have cost them greatly.

I'm gonna watch that NXT season 2 beat down again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Fuckin Low Ki... Man.

And you can go by the DVD, but have to realize it is still gimmicked and exagerated for effect. Punk was doing the same stuff in IWA MS about having to struggle and fight against the system and the man. And in a lot of instances, he's had to "fight the system/man" because he's often a douchebag that rubs people the wrong way constantly. So it isn't a surprise when people don't want to give him the chance he feels he deserves.

I say this as a fan of Punk since the IWA days. But he's been a douchebag many times in his career and admits as much. Being a d-bag usually holds you back a bit in any business. People have these crazy expectations that he should have immediately been in the main events and challenging for Cena's spot. Except the truth is, he kind of sucked for a while once he made it to WWE. His ECW run was awkward the whole way through. He had a hard time adjusting to the WWE style, which is ironic since if there was anyone built for "WWE style" on the indies, it was Punk. But he didn't perform to his best when he got called up and then pouted when he didn't get the push he thought he deserved. Cabana got way more fucked over than Punk ever did. And once Punk finally got what he and his fans thought he deserved, people started bitching about him.

As for advertising campaigns, go to Walmart/Kmart/Meijer and you'll see his picture up in clothing and toy sections. He's the cover of the WWE 13 game. He's on posters, he's on Raw and PPV commercials, he's out doing promotion constantly. He's got a pretty good gigi. And once he got all that, he's complained about how much of a pain in the ass it is. He gets what he wants; bitches about it. He gets what he wants; his fans bitch about it. Punk can't be pleased and his fans can't be pleased. Do you think Rock complained when he was the top guy, but Austin was still THE guy?

Basically he had some bad luck, but didn't really help himself out of it. A better attitude (not that I have a damn clue behind the scenes besides hearsay) would have helped, but it wouldn't be enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Or for douchebaggery getting you a push, see Davey Richards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
d1ENM.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish they'd look at WWE Universe co-op more seriously. The most fun I have with that game is playing Universe with my brother, he runs one show, and I run the other, but there's no real co-op supporter so if we want to do like a 'draft' we have to pick one, hand controller over, pick another, hand controller over, and there's no way to keep track of who picked who.

strobogo

Banned
I was not aware Colt made comments about Kelly Kelly's alleged sluttiness. I don't defend that. I don't know why anyone gives the slightest of shits about who fucked who or how many people someone has fucked. Anyone who cares about that after high school is weird. A bunch of attractive, in great shape people working together? And there are hook ups? No way. Never could I believe that would happen, since it never happens in offices full of average middle aged people. Or fast food places with teenagers. Or nursing homes with old people. People fuck, that's what we do. I can't believe that young, attractive women traveling with a bunch of young, attractive men would lead to sex. No one gives a shit who any of the men fuck, even if they are married, but the women fucking someone will never be lived down.

It's fucking weird. Do these people think their girlfriends never had sex before them? With multiple partners? Or how about, hey, woman have certain charms and use them. That's not ok. But men in positions of power who use it for physical gain, eh, not really an issue. The fuck? Why does anyone care about either of those? Especially in pro wrestling when if the women are on TV, it is no more than 5 minutes a show anyway. Are you really upset if Kelly Kelly fucked someone and got 3 of those 5 minutes?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish they'd look at WWE Universe co-op more seriously. The most fun I have with that game is playing Universe with my brother, he runs one show, and I run the other, but there's no real co-op supporter so if we want to do like a 'draft' we have to pick one, hand controller over, pick another, hand controller over, and there's no way to keep track of who picked who.

Wish my brother would play WWE shit with me. Instead it's "a bunch of faggots in underwear kissing each other"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is 13 out somewhere already?

Games ship and arrive in stores the previous Thursday or Friday - lots of mom & pop rental stores don't give a fuck and rent them out, same with game stores.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My 9 year old daughter made me pre-order it so we could play the game together. She isn't ready for the incoming Attitude Era betrayals. So naive.

Too bad Owen's not in it. Mick Foley claim that Owen was his little girl's favorite wrestler. Even over him.
tumblr_m4i7y4BLiL1r6v2bdo7_250.gif

That's the first CAW I'll be downloading.

A few things I'd like to get off my chest like CM Punk circa 2011:

- AJ: Lunchbox can say whatever the eff he wants, everyone can complain about his comments if they want, or they can produce hard evidence that AJ is a legit gamer similar to the way I proved CM Punk would be the Top dude in WWE in the attitude era. But you now what's really annoying? Trying to silence/censor people. Now having said that, watch me make a complete hypocrite of myself in my next bullet point.

-Lunchbox: Is there anything more tired and pathetic than calling for "The glory days" or Wrasslegaf and those fossils that can't hack it in today's era? Newsflash buddy, those geezers are gone. Like Gene effing Hackman said in Hoosiers, "This is your team".

-Ryback head avatars: Too similar to the NBA thread's avatar fad. Most of those guys are A-holes that are so far up their own arses, as they say in my native England, that I can't take the chance at even being slightly associated with them.

-Heavy's Hell in a Cell predictions: You haven't factored in Paul Heyman. I think Heyman's going to have a big impact on the outcome of the match.

-Hoodies/New Japan/CM Punk's street clothes: CM Punk dresses how ever the eff he wants because he's a legit star. He tatted himself up to make sure he has nothing else to fall back on except wrestling. That's commitment. I don't know S about those New Japan guys but you think that's going to stop me from talking S about them? Those New Japan dudes wouldn't look out of place pushing paper in an office or selling cars or whatever. I bet they even have degrees and are bilingual. CM Punk is a wrestler, period.

-Cody Rhodes mask gimmick: N_W said this was his best angle and he squandered it? Man, I thought I told you to take a break and study my posts, friend? This one is easy. Cody Rhodes had probably the best and catchiest entrance theme with his Dashing character and changed it to a really awful remix that's just so effing bad and generic sounding. Your entrance is absolutely vital to your success and Rhodes current predicament is entirely attributed to his crappy song. You think entrance themes don't matter? Look at TNA for eff's sake!

Eidan

A few things I'd like to get off my chest like CM Punk circa 2011:

- AJ: Lunchbox can say whatever the eff he wants, everyone can complain about his comments if they want, or they can produce hard evidence that AJ is a legit gamer similar to the way I proved CM Punk would be the Top dude in WWE in the attitude era. But you now what's really annoying? Trying to silence/censor people. Now having said that, watch me make a complete hypocrite of myself in my next bullet point.

Why should anyone have to prove that she is a legit gamer? What evidence has he presented that she isn't?

Aiii

So not worth it
Besides, said evidence was provided on multiple occassions in the past. Hell, the girl did frigging Kitana's Fan Lift on television during a battle royal and has every character of MGS1 as an action figure on a shelf.

Fauxnerds wear a t-shirt with a triforce on it and know shit about gaming, so Lunchbox can take his rage elsewhere if he's gunning for that. :)

strobogo

Banned
And the next week when he threw Kishi around like he was nothing was even crazier. I think it was the next week, at least. Within the first month.

Why should anyone have to prove that she is a legit gamer?
Because it's fun. I missed the PS Vita chatter before, so I suppose it was already addressed.

What evidence has he presented that she isn't?
None. It's all speculation and hearsay. The only thing we know for sure is that a purse/wallet/thing in the form of a Nintendo controller will either give you an erection or make you angry.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
None. It's all speculation and hearsay. The only thing we know for sure is that a purse/wallet/thing in the form of a Nintendo controller will either give you an erection or make you angry.

THAT is cold-blooded :D

A.E Suggs

So I went back and watched the WCW Souled Out 1998 PPV because someone requested I watch it. I was scared to watch it at first because I haven't heard good things about the souled out PPV, but this one had all around solid matches from beginning to end.

I especially enjoyed the beniot vs raven match and the crowd was really into it as well. Then again almost all of raven and beniot matches were good in wcw.

So I went back and watched the WCW Souled Out 1998 PPV because someone requested I watch it. I was scared to watch it at first because I haven't heard good things about the souled out PPV, but this one had all around solid matches from beginning to end.

I especially enjoyed the beniot vs raven match and the crowd was really into it as well. Then again almost all of raven and beniot matches were good in wcw.

To me they were at the top of their game.

Top Bottom