• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

UPDATED: WWE has updated 411mania on this story and informed us that CM Punk did not hang up in the middle of a radio interview. Punk answered all questions and did not end the interview early; this was confirmed by the hosts of Rover's Morning Glory.

Our apologies for the incorrect information.

Shame on all of your for thinking Punk was a dick.

Eidan

You are the biggest fraud of them all! You look nothing like your avatar! Tricking us for months, for shame.

tumblr_m8vnysxg3P1qf1aoao1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I went back and watched the WCW Souled Out 1998 PPV because someone requested I watch it. I was scared to watch it at first because I haven't heard good things about the souled out PPV, but this one had all around solid matches from beginning to end.

I especially enjoyed the beniot vs raven match and the crowd was really into it as well. Then again almost all of raven and beniot matches were good in wcw.

Excellent. This is because in early to almost late 98, WCW was doing EXCELLENT stuff. There was a lot of nonsensical shit that would happen in this year on a match by match basis, but the crowds were super hot and even though it was nonsensical a lot of it built to singular foolish crazy spots with no concern for the long term. But the roster was SO stacked.

strobogo

Banned
1997-1998 Nitro was so awesome for the mid card alone. Which took up 80% of the show. Just wacky random match ups between guys from all over the world with completely different styles. Raven: Last of an Era.

A.E Suggs

To me they were at the top of their game.

I'd say so to, beniot with that headbutt to the chair in that match was lol worthy man was he a fool then but I loved ole benny.

Excellent. This is because in early to almost late 98, WCW was doing EXCELLENT stuff. There was a lot of nonsensical shit that would happen in this year on a match by match basis, but the crowds were super hot and even though it was nonsensical a lot of it built to singular foolish crazy spots with no concern for the long term. But the roster was SO stacked.

Yep now that I think about it 98 wcw made some stars even though it was the year of their downfall on that faithful day. The crowds were into all the matches at this PPV and although there was a slight fuckup by nash in his match it was still worth watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1997-1998 Nitro was so awesome for the mid card alone. Which took up 80% of the show. Just wacky random match ups between guys from all over the world with completely different styles. Raven: Last of an Era.

One of the best things they did was allow different styles in matches. Sure, the commentators didn't know what to do with different styles of matches, but it was really eye opening to me and allowed wrestlers like Rey Jr to make a mark.

They just reviewed this show on Review-A-Wai but check out the goddamn fucking ENERGY of the place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Tp2cFkHQo

Ryback ain't there yet. Goldberg was incredible, and he couldn't work well, but like they said - he did his signature moves well and made them look fantastic. Apex of his career.

-Cody Rhodes mask gimmick: N_W said this was his best angle and he squandered it? Man, I thought I told you to take a break and study my posts, friend? This one is easy. Cody Rhodes had probably the best and catchiest entrance theme with his Dashing character and changed it to a really awful remix that's just so effing bad and generic sounding. Your entrance is absolutely vital to your success and Rhodes current predicament is entirely attributed to his crappy song. You think entrance themes don't matter? Look at TNA for eff's sake!

Say what you will about his theme, but the gimmick itself was the best Cody's ever gonna get. Even if he blows up and brings about the next golden age of pro wrestling, it'll never be with a gimmick as good as that one had the potential to be. The best gimmicks are those which are immediately unique to a viewer regardless if it's the first time they're watching the show. Rhodes had that. Even if they didn't want to keep it weird and psychological, he could've just pulled a Bob Orton and made his career with that face mask like the old arm cast.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Say what you will about his theme, but the gimmick itself was the best Cody's ever gonna get. Even if he blows up and brings about the next golden age of pro wrestling, it'll never be with a gimmick as good as that one had the potential to be. The best gimmicks are those which are immediately unique to a viewer regardless if it's the first time they're watching the show. Rhodes had that. Even if they didn't want to keep it weird and psychological, he could've just pulled a Bob Orton and made his career with that face mask like the old arm cast.

I loved it and I miss it too.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Because it's fun. I missed the PS Vita chatter before, so I suppose it was already addressed.

Yeah, she said something about playing Snake Eater on Vita while on the road.

There was also that time she chose a Kitana costume for that stupid Divas battle royal and did a fan attack for no goddamned reason.

ibyWwFhGc7T9Fr.gif

AJ

stahp

None. It's all speculation and hearsay. The only thing we know for sure is that a purse/wallet/thing in the form of a Nintendo controller will either give you an erection or make you angry.

lol

A.E Suggs

You know its kinda sad that the midcard was better than the mainevent, but now that I think about it I don't think I would change that now going back. Its not like the main event guys couldn't wrestle, I really just don't know what it was besides to much NWO.

Ryback ain't there yet. Goldberg was incredible, and he couldn't work well, but like they said - he did his signature moves well and made them look fantastic. Apex of his career.
Also helped that the spear and jackhammer looked flashy enough and no-one else had moves like that. I will give it to goldberg though as from what I heard he only had like a year of training before they sent him out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also helped that the spear and jackhammer looked flashy enough and no-one else had moves like that. I will give it to goldberg though as from what I heard he only had like a year of training before they sent him out.

He also had a much better build than Ryback for sure. Ryback's been training for...ten years?

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Studios and ABC Family announced Friday that they are developing an upcoming television movie, “Christmas Bounty,” for a 2013 world premiere during ABC Family’s “25 Days of Christmas” programming event. The Miz is attached to star in a lead role.

WWE(R) STUDIOS AND ABC FAMILY CAPTURE THE HOLIDAYS WITH “CHRISTMAS BOUNTY”

WWE SUPERSTAR, THE MIZ, WILL STAR IN A LEAD ROLE

STAMFORD, Conn., October 26, 2012 – WWE Studios (NYSE:WWE) and ABC Family today announced that WWE Studios and ABC Family are developing an upcoming television movie, Christmas Bounty, for a 2013 world premiere during ABC Family’s popular “25 Days of Christmas” programming event. WWE Superstar, The Miz, is attached to star in a lead role.

Christmas Bounty is an action-filled comedy about a former bounty hunter turned elementary schoolteacher. Determined to have a normal life and keep her bounty hunter past a secret, she reluctantly returns home for Christmas to help save the family business by catching the one bounty that got away. But when her fiancé follows her home for the holiday, she struggles to hide her wild family business and a bounty hunter ex-boyfriend she thought she’d left behind. Written by Andrew Black & Vivian Lee, and James Berg & Stan Zimmerman, the movie is scheduled to go into production in early 2013.

“We are so pleased to partner with a tremendous network like ABC Family,” said Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios. “25 Days of Christmas is one of the biggest cable programming events of the year and is the perfect release platform for this engaging holiday title.”

“ABC Family is the destination for holiday programming and is known for great original holiday movies. We’re thrilled to partner with WWE Studios and bring WWE’s passionate fan base to ABC Family and our wonderful 25 Days of Christmas programming event with such a fun movie,” added Kate Juergens, Executive Vice President, Original Series Programming and Development, ABC Family.

The Miz has been a devoted WWE fan his whole life, and most recently starred in WWE’s film “The Marine 3: Homefront.” MTV’s Real World alum Mike “The Miz” Mizanin competed on the fourth season of WWE’s reality show Tough Enough in hopes of winning a contract to become a WWE Superstar. After finishing as the runner-up, The Miz didn’t give up on his dream and continued to train once the show concluded. Now, his hard work is being rewarded as the reality TV Star with the frat boy looks, sophomoric humor and explosive intensity is living out his dream at the top of the WWE roster.

Bradley Buchanan, Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs, negotiated on behalf of WWE Studios.

You've known me long enough to know I don't know shit about wrestling history. Come on, at least use D'Lo Brown and his protective vest as an example. Don't embarrass me in this thread, these people look up to me.

Lastly, this fucking cunt never gives up with his look at me im such a nerd/gamer/otaku bullshit does he.

Effing Zelda boots and a move named after shitty 311 song.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Also who didn't golberg wrestle in wcw? I know he never wrestled macho man but what were the other miss opportunities?

Here's a BIG list of Goldberg's televised streak:

September 22, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg (television debut) defeated Hugh Morrus.
September 29, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated The Barbarian.
October 13, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Scotty Riggs.
October 20, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Wrath.
October 27, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg & vs. WCW Television Champion Disco Inferno ended in a No Contest.
November 23, 1997--World War III: Goldberg was scheduled to make his PPV debut against Steve McMichael..
~~~Steve McMichael attacked Goldberg before the match, and "Das Wunderkid" Alex Wright faced "Mongo" instead..
December 28, 1997 Starrcade: Bill Goldberg defeated Steve "Mongo" McMichael.
December 29, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Glacier.
January 12, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Jerry Flynn.
February 2, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Godlberg defeated Mark Starr.
February 9, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Steven Regal.
February 16, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Hugh Morrus.
February 22, 1998 Superbrawl VIII: Bill Goldberg defeated Brad Armstrong.
March 16, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Lodi.
March 23, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated The Renegade.
March 30, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Ray Traylor.
April 6, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Hammer.
April 13, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Rocco Rock.
April 19, 1998--Spring Stampede: Bill Goldberg defeated Perry Saturn..

World Championship Wrestling - WCW United States Champion

April 20, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Raven to win the WCW United States Title.
April 27, 1998 WCW Nitro: WCW United States champion Bill Goldberg defeated Jerry Flynn.
May 11, 1998 WCW Nitro: WCW United States champion Bill Goldberg defeated Len Denton.
May 17, 1998 Slamboree: Bill Goldberg defeated Perry Saturn to retain the WCW United States Title.
May 25, 1998 WCW Nitro: WCW United States champion Bill Goldberg defeated Johnny Attitude.
June 14, 1998 Great American Bash: Bill Goldberg defeated Konnan to retain the WCW United States Title.

World Championship Wrestling - WCW World Heavyweight Champion

July 6, 1998: Bill Goldberg used a spear and jackhammer to defeat wrestling icon "Hollywood" Hogan and win the WCW title..
July 12, 1998 Bash at the Beach: Bill Goldberg defeated Curt Hennig to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title.
August 8, 1998 Road Wild: WCW World champion Bill Goldberg won a 9-Man "Battle Royal".
October 25, 1998 Halloween Havoc: Bill Goldberg defeated Diamond Dallas Page to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title.
December 27, 1998 Starrcade: Kevin Nash defeated Bill Goldberg to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title..
~~~Scott Hall interfered and used a stun gun on Goldberg to help Nash win and hand Goldberg his FIRST LOSS .

So, who did Goldberg NOT face? Apparently a shitload of people.

BlazinAm

Yeah, she said something about playing Snake Eater on Vita while on the road.

There was also that time she chose a Kitana costume for that stupid Divas battle royal and did a fan attack for no goddamned reason.

ibyWwFhGc7T9Fr.gif

AJ

stahp

lol

That gif is actually kinda funny. I think the reason why people are so high on AJ is because she is the only Divas that has anything going for her, and she is "relatable" with the audience in theory.

That gif is actually kinda funny. I think the reason why people are so high on AJ is because she is the only Divas that has anything going for her, and she is "relatable" with the audience in theory.

Eve Torres would have something going for her if they change her character's name to Eve Gracie and just start letting her choke the diva's division out.

You've known me long enough to know I don't know shit about wrestling history. Come on, at least use D'Lo Brown and his protective vest as an example. Don't embarrass me in this thread, these people look up to me.

Lastly, this fucking cunt never gives up with his look at me im such a nerd/gamer/otaku bullshit does he.

Effing Zelda boots and a move named after shitty 311 song.

I'm sorry, let me rephrase: He could've just pulled a Santino and made his career with the face mask like the old Cobra sock. That reference should be more appropriate for a novice wrasslin mind from England such as yours.

And lol @ the bold

Ithil

Fuckin Low Ki... Man.

Basically he had some bad luck, but didn't really help himself out of it. A better attitude (not that I have a damn clue behind the scenes besides hearsay) would have helped, but it wouldn't be enough.

Funny thing on Low Ki is that he asked for his release, because he was just being a jobber, but he asked after just a couple of months. But Bryan was in the same boat after NXT, but look at him now.

Low Ki was just impatient, like he was supposed to be getting a big push right out of NXT, Bryan waited for his chance, and took it, now he's set to be a huge star in the WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funny thing on Low Ki is that he asked for his release, because he was just being a jobber, but he asked after just a couple of months. But Bryan was in the same boat after NXT, but look at him now.

Low Ki was just impatient, like he was supposed to be getting a big push right out of NXT, Bryan waited for his chance, and took it, now he's set to be a huge star in the WWE.

I hate to be this dude, but

Even though I liked his look and his moves, he was just too damn small.

BlazinAm

Here's a BIG list of Goldberg's televised streak:

September 22, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg (television debut) defeated Hugh Morrus.
September 29, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated The Barbarian.
October 13, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Scotty Riggs.
October 20, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Wrath.
October 27, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg & vs. WCW Television Champion Disco Inferno ended in a No Contest.
November 23, 1997--World War III: Goldberg was scheduled to make his PPV debut against Steve McMichael..
~~~Steve McMichael attacked Goldberg before the match, and "Das Wunderkid" Alex Wright faced "Mongo" instead..
December 28, 1997 Starrcade: Bill Goldberg defeated Steve "Mongo" McMichael.
December 29, 1997 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Glacier.
January 12, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Jerry Flynn.
February 2, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Godlberg defeated Mark Starr.
February 9, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Steven Regal.
February 16, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Hugh Morrus.
February 22, 1998 Superbrawl VIII: Bill Goldberg defeated Brad Armstrong.
March 16, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Lodi.
March 23, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated The Renegade.
March 30, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Ray Traylor.
April 6, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Hammer.
April 13, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Rocco Rock.
April 19, 1998--Spring Stampede: Bill Goldberg defeated Perry Saturn..

World Championship Wrestling - WCW United States Champion

April 20, 1998 WCW Nitro: Bill Goldberg defeated Raven to win the WCW United States Title.
April 27, 1998 WCW Nitro: WCW United States champion Bill Goldberg defeated Jerry Flynn.
May 11, 1998 WCW Nitro: WCW United States champion Bill Goldberg defeated Len Denton.
May 17, 1998 Slamboree: Bill Goldberg defeated Perry Saturn to retain the WCW United States Title.
May 25, 1998 WCW Nitro: WCW United States champion Bill Goldberg defeated Johnny Attitude.
June 14, 1998 Great American Bash: Bill Goldberg defeated Konnan to retain the WCW United States Title.

World Championship Wrestling - WCW World Heavyweight Champion

July 6, 1998: Bill Goldberg used a spear and jackhammer to defeat wrestling icon "Hollywood" Hogan and win the WCW title..
July 12, 1998 Bash at the Beach: Bill Goldberg defeated Curt Hennig to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title.
August 8, 1998 Road Wild: WCW World champion Bill Goldberg won a 9-Man "Battle Royal".
October 25, 1998 Halloween Havoc: Bill Goldberg defeated Diamond Dallas Page to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title.
December 27, 1998 Starrcade: Kevin Nash defeated Bill Goldberg to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title..
~~~Scott Hall interfered and used a stun gun on Goldberg to help Nash win and hand Goldberg his FIRST LOSS .

So, who did Goldberg NOT face? Apparently a shitload of people.

I thought the streak ended at 178 and Hogan was 107 or something like that?

Apparently he didn't ask for his release, he said himself that was just a rumour. /shrug

Aiii

So not worth it
Eve Torres would have something going for her if they change her character's name to Eve Gracie and just start letting her choke the diva's division out.

Eve and AJ are the only girls with charisma to hold their own in segments with the guys.

Face Layla is cringeworthy, Kaitlyn lacks experience and appears unnatural, Alicia Fox makes you want to go on the street and stab people and Natalya needs a personality other then "My uncle's Bret Hart". Aksana and Rosa are just there as eye candy. Naomi should be wrestling though.

Paige is still very green as far as promowork goes, but she'll be ready soon enough.

If they put some effort in, these girls could all get better, but they don't give them the time to practice their craft. How are they gonna get better if they only get to do a Battle Royal once ecery three months that lasts two minutes. Shame really, I like women's wrestling.

BlazinAm

Eve and AJ are the only girls with charisma to hold their own in segments with the guys.

Face Layla is cringeworthy, Kaitlyn lacks experience and appears unnatural, Alicia Fox makes you want to go on the street and stab people and Natalya needs a personality other then "My uncle's Bret Hart". Aksana and Rosa are just there as eye candy. Naomi should be wrestling though.

Paige is still very green as far as promowork goes, but she'll be ready soon enough.

If they put some effort in, these girls could all get better, but they don't give them the time to practice their craft. How are they gonna get better if they only get to do a Battle Royal once ecery three months that lasts two minutes. Shame really, I like women's wrestling.

I don't agree with the bold but everything else is spot on.

Apparently he didn't ask for his release, he said himself that was just a rumour. /shrug
He said the first, and then said the second. Frankly, I'm willing to think Vince literally kicked him out of whatever building they were in.
Am I in the NBA thread right now? Who am I? Much like Booker T said about John Cena, with limited skills and ability, I've managed to do the unthinkable and that's hold on to that Wrasslegaf championship for quite sometime.

I don't know who you are, but it'll be a long time before you can fill the void that spindashing left.

He said the first, and then said the second. Frankly, I'm willing to think Vince literally kicked him out of whatever building they were in.

I don't know who you are, but it'll be a long time before you can fill the void that spindashing left.

Can you even name 3 memorable Spindashing moments in Wrasslegaf history?

I think Eve is fantastic at what she does. Her matches aren't incredible but I don't think she's ever the weak link in them. She's 1) hot and 2) very comfortable on the mic. Pretty much Trish Stratus before she magically became a pretty solid worker.

Top Bottom