• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ibzsIZlEi87Yi9.gif

Ithil

I think Eve is fantastic at what she does. Her matches aren't incredible but I don't think she's ever the weak link in them. She's 1) hot and 2) very comfortable on the mic. Pretty much Trish Stratus before she magically became a pretty solid worker.

She used to be pretty terrible on the mic, like so many of the Divas, but this last 9/10 months as a heel have made her a lot better.

Aiii

So not worth it
All I want right now is a decent Eve vs. AJ feud. I'm sure those two can give us a great feud if they get the right story from creative.

Ithil

All I want right now is a decent Eve vs. AJ feud. I'm sure those two can give us a great feud if they get the right story from creative.

Eve's potential MMA style offense (she's starting to incorporate some of it in, anyway) versus AJ's more high flying (and yes, flexible) style, good match.

strobogo

Banned
War Games 2000: Russo's Revenge is so bad. Team Russo, which consisted of Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, WCW Champion Kevin Nash, Vince Russo, and the Harris Brothers vs Sting, Booker T, Kronik, and Goldberg. It was in the 3 tiered Ready to Rumble cage. The rules were that to win the match, someone must climb to the 3rd cage, retrieve the belt, and make it out of the cage with the belt. Even though it was a team match and the champion was on one of the teams, anyone who walks out with the belt wins it.

Sting and Jarrett start off with some brawling, Steiner comes out next. So some double teaming happens for a bit. Then Kronik comes out. Then Russo comes out and brings the Harris Brothers who aren't actually a part of the match, I guess. He immediately gets a beat down from Sting. Next up is Kevin Nash, who does THE WORST teasing of a turn I've ever seen. He attempts a chokeslam on Jarrett, Steiner, and Russo, but with the most half assed, this shit is fake and I want a beer posture and facial expressions he's ever had in his career. It's so awkward and stupid and no one bought into it in the slightest. The next out is Booker. Last man out is Goldberg. The only guy anyone cared about and was chanting for. He comes out and is immediately taken out by Vince Russo and a bat, and then handcuffed in the corner. Sting is also handcuffed in the second cage. Kronik and the Harris Bros have brawled away somewhere and are no longer even in the arena. Because you see the bottom cage has a door that isn't locked, and also a giant, man sized gap for the camera man that is about as wide as a door. So people are coming and going anyway.

Booker gets the belt, crowd pops thinking he won the match, since that'd be the logical thing, but Tony has to remind the viewers that those aren't the rules. Apparently they weren't explained to the live crowd. So Book brings the title down to the ring and is ambushed. Russo now has the belt, taunts Goldberg with it, and The CAT has a run in. He kicks Vince in the face and takes the belt, holds it up like he is going to walk out with it, only to get powerbombed by Nash. Goldberg, who has been almost catatonic from one bat shot to the back from Vince Russo, see Nash with the belt, breaks the cuffs, kicks Nash down, takes out Jarrett and Steiner, and punches Russo. So now he has the belt. He's about to walk out of the cage, and instead of just walking through the door that was already open, or the door sized hole next to it, he stands there so someone can slam the door in his face. That someone is Bret Hart. However, Goldberg no sold it completely, but was hit with a pipe by Steiner. So now Steiner has the belt. And then Jarrett has the belt. And then Russo has the belt. Then he gives it to Nash and they hug. Still world champion, Kevin Nash. Who literally took one bump and stood on the outside of the ring almost the entire time he was involved. It's so bad. And its 20 minutes total for a 3 cage match with 10 or 11 guys involved. TNA has a long way to go to get to that level of stupid and shitty.

Roughly half an hour away from www.smvod.com streaming three previously unreleased matches from CHIKARA for free. Here is the lineup.

1) Mr. Touchdown vs. Dragonfly

2) Chuck Taylor vs. Saturyne

3) Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant vs. Ophidian & Los Ice Creams

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like Juvi used to say with his amazing La Cucaracha gimmick - "La Cucaracha say..."

At this time, The Undertaker's physical health is becoming a concern for WWE officials. 'Taker badly damaged the replaced hip he got several years ago during his WrestleMania 28 match with Triple H. The Undertaker was flying to New York to meet with doctors but now WWE has been paying to fly the doctors to The Undertaker's house in Texas because it's becoming such a frequent process.

The talk as of now is that Undertaker may work the Royal Rumble, make his entrance, do a few spots and then get eliminated.

As far as working WrestleMania goes, it is being left up to Undertaker as we've been reporting. It is also being said that if he does work WrestleMania, it will not be an intense of physical match like he has had the last few years.

Source: Observah

Like Juvi used to say with his amazing La Cucaracha gimmick - "La Cucaracha say..."

At this time, The Undertaker's physical health is becoming a concern for WWE officials. 'Taker badly damaged the replaced hip he got several years ago during his WrestleMania 28 match with Triple H. The Undertaker was flying to New York to meet with doctors but now WWE has been paying to fly the doctors to The Undertaker's house in Texas because it's becoming such a frequent process.

The talk as of now is that Undertaker may work the Royal Rumble, make his entrance, do a few spots and then get eliminated.

As far as working WrestleMania goes, it is being left up to Undertaker as we've been reporting. It is also being said that if he does work WrestleMania, it will not be an intense of physical match like he has had the last few years.

Put him in there with Ryback

RYBACK vs UNDERTAKER

The money he's made and badassery he's gotten to perform is great but looking at a third hip at 49 is crazy.

Put him in there with Ryback

RYBACK vs UNDERTAKER

Not this year. If your going to do that match Ryback has to run crazy for the next year and win the Championship at least once. Then he wins next years Rumble and turns down the title matches to face Taker. Start printing money.

Not this year. If your going to do that match Ryback has to run crazy for the next year and win the Championship at least once. Then he wins next years Rumble and turns down the title matches to face Taker. Start printing money.

It was just a joke i would fully expect Ryback to hurt Taker.

I'm still waiting for the big summer angle people kept promising.

When is it coming?

It was Lesnar it came early and ended early

strobogo

Banned
I think the HBK/HHH feud is a fine one for Taker to go out on. He doesn't need to come back for another big match. He shouldn't have a retirement ceremony of any kind or every come back for HOF or anything like that. Just vanish in a casket. Never to be seen again.

I didn't get a chance to catch "Tales of Masked Men" when it was aired on VOCES, but I managed to watch it today.

I really like the idea that the masks that some of the wrestlers wear and the names they use are totemic; it's an idea that has some strong parallels to American superheroes, and I've always had the thought running in the back of my mind, but I've never really been able to codify it as well as it was presented in this documentary.

I found it interesting how close Lucha Libre's roots are to the other forms of wrestling out there. I had always assumed that it started in Mexico outright. But apparently it stems from the same Grecco-Roman influences as Catch wrestling, and when it made its way to Mexico, it adopted a whole bunch of pre-Hispanic cultural influences. I'm reminded of the Congolese wrestlers that were mentioned in February's OT, and how there seemed to be a mix of WWE's style of wrestling and an amalgamated version of wrestling with staged witchcraft (they call it "fetish wrestling" for some reason.)

It's a fascinating documentary. I should probably check out the other parts of VOCES, even though those are about other parts of Latin-American culture and history.

My 9 year old daughter made me pre-order it so we could play the game together. She isn't ready for the incoming Attitude Era betrayals. So naive.

Wrestling game betrayals are the best, because they're pretty much part of the game already. It'd be weird if you didn't stab the other player in the back every chance you got.

Now Mario Party... that's a game series that breaks homes and ruins friendships. That's the one you gotta watch out for.

Hoarr

Neo Member
Thanks for that, didn't know hugh was his first opponent. He also didn't face sting as part of his first streak. He also had some wierd opponents like disco inferno, wasn't he a cruiserwight?

He did face Sting as part of his first streak - WCW Monday Nitro [9/14/1998]

That list is missing tons of info. There's no Thunder data, no WCW Saturday Night, no WCW Worldwide. Goldberg defended his U.S. title on those shows too.

Takers too old he wouldn't be able to take the stress of that match. Plus putting him in there with Ryback would be a danger to Takers body. I can see them doing Ryback vs Lesnar though

Taker would only be taking a couple big moves and he's not taking anything he's not comfortable with plus Taker could control a good portion of the match on the ground with his MMA. He's not taking 20 plus chair shots like this year.

As for Brock vs The Ryback I keep thinking of Vince salivating at the thought of those beast in the ring.

somedevil

Taker would only be taking a couple big moves and he's not taking anything he's not comfortable with plus Taker could control a good portion of the match on the ground with his MMA. He's not taking 20 plus chair shots like this year.

As for Brock vs The Ryback I keep thinking of Vince salivating at the spectacle of those beast in the ring.

Hope the match goes alot better than Brock vs Goldberg.

Top Bottom