• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

edit

Anyone else watch the Free Wrestling Is Fun Show? The main event six man tag was pretty good. They are doing another free IPPV On November 17th on www.smvod.com

Adam Pearce vacated the NWA title after the new NWA board of directors refused to sanction the final match in Pearce & Cabana's '7 Levels of Hate' feud as a NWA World Title match. Cabana beat Pearce in the blow-off match in Australia, but Pearce refused to retain the belt, handing it instead to Cabana, however, Colt declined saying that he wanted no part of the NWA any longer as they represented the past, not the future, and as a result Pearce vacated the title;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c-SxzA3dCI

BillRiccio said:
Anyone else watch the Free Wrestling Is Fun Show? The main event six man tag was pretty good. They are doing another free IPPV On November 17th on www.smvod.com

I caught most of the show, but fell asleep before the main event - I thought it was supposed to be Quack vs Touchdown? I guess the card was mixed up by the late start - disappointed Jaka didn't face Akuma as scheduled, as Swamp Monster wasn't much of an opponent. Incidentally, the Estonian Thunder Frog has to be the weirdest new character I've seen for a while;

i4dMcwDaWUQnB.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Adam Pearce vacated the NWA title after the new NWA board of directors refused to sanction the final match in Pearce & Cabana's '7 Levels of Hate' feud as a NWA World Title match. Cabana beat Pearce in the blow-off match in Australia, but Pearce refused to retain the belt, handing it instead to Cabana, however, Colt declined saying that he wanted no part of the NWA any longer as they represented the past, not the future, and as a result Pearce vacated the title;

I guess that's that, then.

I hope everyone has their Ryback avatars ready for tonight.Whether you agreed to the bet or not, you agreed to the bet.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
attitude era mode had a great intro

dat WCW

FUUUUUUUUUUUU the old Raw is War intro!

It has a ratings graphic to show what WCW is doing vs. WWF

Ultratech

Eh...I guess I'll do some predictions.

Intercontinental Championship: Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz
I think Miz will win it. While most info to the contrary would have me think that Kofi would keep it, I'll think otherwise.

Divas Championship: Eve vs. Kaitlyn vs. Layla
Heh, it'd be nice if it were in the actual Cell. You know, the women don't do much in the way of gimmick matches anymore (or what little they do are shitty ones like "X on a Pole" match).
Where are the hardcore matches at?

Anywho, go Kaitlyn!

Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio
Eh...not that interested really. So Orton wins. RKO out of somewhere!

WWE Tag Team Championships: Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow)
This should be good. Surprisingly good.
My money's on Hell No. Though whoever wins, we probably all win. :D

World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Big Show
WTB Mark Henry. Or maybe Ziggler will actually cash in MITB.
I honestly couldn't give a shit for this match. lol

Hell in a Cell for the WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. Ryback
Hmm...this opens up a lot of possibilities on what COULD happen, but we'll see how it plays out. Punk WILL retain, but it's just a matter of how.

I guess that's that, then.

Pretty much - Colt & Pearce are the only two wrestlers in recent memory who at least tried to restore some prestige back to the belt, but I guess there's little point when whichever money marks own the NWA at present aren't willing to support them.

Sunflower said:
I hope everyone has their Ryback avatars ready for tonight.Whether you agreed to the bet or not, you agreed to the bet.

I'm so done with Ryback. He was a good novelty when throwing furniture, but, like Brodus, isn't worth a damn in the ring. I can't see them putting the title on him, but I can't see him losing his streak either, so I'm expecting shenanigans. In short, the match will probably be bad and I will not be showing support for The Ryback in avatar form.

*edit, main event prediction;

The Ryback will charge at Punk but miss, busting himself open on the cage in the process, and then the ref will stop the match due to excessive blood loss. The end.

Forkball

Rhodes Scholars should get the belts. Hell No could chase for the titles while RS delivers insulting promos about how much better they are. Hell No wins it back, then an epic tiebreaker match at TLC.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The card for this event is so unremarkable. I cannot stand Ryback, but I almost want him to win so that something interesting comes out of tonight. Ziggler cashing in would suitable as well.

Ithil

There's something to be said for jumping on when the iron is hot and making a new star (if Ryback is not great), but making Punk lose the title now would both derail a huge number of plans and guarantee that Ryback's first reign will be a dud, because the WWE champion is facing the Rock at the Rumble no matter who it is, and there's no way they have anyone other than Punk or Cena planned for that match.

Now's not the time for Ryback. It should be used as a high profile match to help him climb higher, but he definitely needs more time before being even considered for an actual world title reign.

I say put the the belt on The Ryback tonight. You only really get one chance to make a guy and they've blown it with so many other guy's recently that they have to pull the trigger here. Punk will not be hurt by it because he can cut a promo tomorrow and he's fine. Punk will be getting the belt back anyways to set up his match with The Rock at the Rumble so why not do it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, with the exception of Ryback/Punk, the card for this is middling. The only possible entertainment is Rhodes Scholars vs Hell No - and that'll be a comedic match.

If this had been Cena/Punk nobody would even bother with this show. Ryback is literally making this PPV worth watching, for better or worse.

I watched it with a few friends of mine. It was their first time watching wrestlers from the Chikara roster and they liked it a lot. We all thought the stream was (understandably) loose, but the matches were solid.

Incidentally, the Estonian Thunder Frog has to be the weirdest new character I've seen for a while;

i4dMcwDaWUQnB.png

For better or worse, now I can't stop thinking of him as 'Beta Ray Bill'.

This is the first time I've ever actually been nervous about watching a WWE PPV. I seriously can't anticipate the outcome of the main event, and I'm just dying to know what'll happen. The suspense is terrible. I hope it lasts until the end of the PPV.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the entire segment with dude love and mankind introducing cactus jack is on here

everybody talks too much!

What a class act Pierce was...Awesome heel

The seven stages was awesome.. #4 was the best. The I quit match....

E: Also They change the NWA Hollywood name to Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.

Jamie OD

So you had two guys fighting over a belt that neither wanted in the end rendering the whole thing a waste of time for everyone involved. Well done everyone, well done.

Actually, now that I think of it this moment perfectly represents the NWA in a nutshell.

the entire segment with dude love and mankind introducing cactus jack is on here

everybody talks too much!

First spoiler - YAY!!! I loved that entire segment.

strobogo

Banned
Went back to watch this episode of Superstars, got a great Wade/Tyson Kidd match, and the Cesaro/Gabriel match is just after starting, and instantly, USA chants. I know Cesaro is a foreign heel, but does "From Cape Town, South Africa" just go in one ear and out the other?

Even Justin was confused at the chant. Striker tried to play it up that Justin has adopted America as his home, but it was just the crowd being full of idiots. Much like Bret vs Yoko always getting USA chants.

Jitters

1 Sheamus vs. Big Show
2 Team Hell No vs. Team Rhodes Scholars
3 Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio
4 CM Punk vs. Ryback
5 Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz
6 Eve vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn

My picks.

Its a shame no one watches SD! and everyone is too cool to give them appreciation ,but the set up to Sheamus/Show hasn't been too bad. Ryback and Punk's match has great set up, no one knows who is winning, ,and they have made Ryback look like a beast. Orton/Del Rio is the most pointless match on the card. You have no reason to give a damn who wins and the build was so lazy.

There's a number of ways we can reach this finish...

Steel Steps: For that extra height but that's boring!

Sin Cara's old trampoline: Put some spring in that Brogue Step.

Stilts: Not with Ladders this time though, the real deal.

Crotch Kick 1: Brogue Kick to Show's nut sack.

Crotch Kick 2: Normal kick to Show's nads which have him keel over in position for a Brogue to the face.

Or obscure reference, Sheamus learns to "Jump Good" by training with some lucha guys over the weekend.
Big Show: Irish Fool! your efforts are in vain again, my head is still beyond your rea-What?! you can fly?!
Sheamus: No, jump good fella!
*brogued*
Option B: Modified Brogue kick that is similar to Guile's Flashkick.

I don't understand why WWE went out of their way to paint themselves into such a corner here with Punk/Ryback. Lets face it, Ryback shouldn't be champion yet, logically speaking. I know logic + wwe = the lulz, but real talk real talk knamsayin. So yeah, either punk loses which is dumb, sacrifice and epic title reign for a stupid gimmick that is getting stale already in ryback, and really doesn't have a lot of longevity in its current form, or ryback loses, which cuts his winning streak short and pretty much kills that momentum. No matter what something good ends. Personally I don't think the streak is that good but I'm speaking for the people right now knamsayin.

I guess wwe might have a finish which makes everyone maintain status quo somehow, so I guess we'll see, but that's giving them credit.

Ozone

You guys think they'll introduce a new belt when Ryback wins tonight? I hope so.
Sure. They can say Ryback ate the other one.

So here are my possible outcomes for tonight:

1) Ryback breaks the cage, Punk leaves and there's no finish.
2) Lesnar interferes, causing a no finish.
3) Ryback is taken out before the match, Cena replaces him in the match and Punk wins.

Kyoufu

I don't understand why WWE went out of their way to paint themselves into such a corner here with Punk/Ryback. Lets face it, Ryback shouldn't be champion yet, logically speaking. I know logic + wwe = the lulz, but real talk real talk knamsayin. So yeah, either punk loses which is dumb, sacrifice and epic title reign for a stupid gimmick that is getting stale already in ryback, and really doesn't have a lot of longevity in its current form, or ryback loses, which cuts his winning streak short and pretty much kills that momentum. No matter what something good ends. Personally I don't think the streak is that good but I'm speaking for the people right now knamsayin.

I guess wwe might have a finish which makes everyone maintain status quo somehow, so I guess we'll see, but that's giving them credit.

Whatever happens, Punk will get buried once more.

He'll either get destroyed or be a coward.

Yawn.

I miss clean finishes. No more of this mickey mouse bullshit.

Sid

Sure. They can say Ryback ate the other one.

So here are my possible outcomes for tonight:

1) Ryback breaks the cage, Punk leaves and there's no finish.
2) Lesnar interferes, causing a no finish.
3) Ryback is taken out before the match, Cena replaces him in the match and Punk wins.
Why would lesnar interfere?swerve?

Aiii

So not worth it
Let's just wait and see how it pans out shall we say maybe they actually thought of a decent finish that helps both men.

We can judge it afterwards. If it really is ends up sucking.

If it isn't a total brawl where 5 refs gets killed, a panel of the cell is destroyed, both announcer tables gone, fighting up the ramp, chairs, run ins, near falls, Punk beating up the crowd, etc. etc. that ends up in a no contest, it's the wrong outcome.

Let's just wait and see how it pans out shall we say maybe they actually thought of a decent finish that helps both men.

We can judge it afterwards. If it really is ends up sucking.
what are we going to do for 5 hours if we can't judge now

If it isn't a total brawl where 5 refs gets killed, a panel of the cell is destroyed, both announcer tables gone, fighting up the ramp, chairs, run ins, near falls, Punk beating up the crowd, etc. etc. that ends up in a no contest, it's the wrong outcome.
damnnn hire this man

I would love to see ryback jump onto the cell and shake it and have it break down while punk is beating up refs and fans and not giving a fuck. Make it some real animal sweaty shit.

Alucard

Banned
Rhodes Scholars should get the belts. Hell No could chase for the titles while RS delivers insulting promos about how much better they are. Hell No wins it back, then an epic tiebreaker match at TLC.

Or Hell No explodes and Bryan goes back to being a singles star. I think that shouldn't happen until before Wrestlemania, though. Would love a Bryan/Kane match then.

Top Bottom