• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Alucard

Banned
With so few matches on the card tonight, is there a chance we might get a 45-minute classic between Punk and Ryback, or does this one end between 20 and 25 minutes?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Welp...

just finished the DX chapter of the Attitude Era story mode.

It feels like this mode is a totally separate game. The fact that THQ actually took the audio directly from the broadcast for promos and guest commentators is neat. Vince McMahon even comes out to ringside during the Bret/Shawn match and Bret writes WCW in the air.

Was he? The extras?

just a small part

wD0Ta.jpg

Welp...

just finished the DX chapter of the Attitude Era story mode.

It feels like this mode is a totally separate game. The fact that THQ actually took the audio directly from the broadcast for promos and guest commentators is neat. Vince McMahon even comes out to ringside during the Bret/Shawn match and Bret writes WCW in the air.
Hyped.

damnnn hire this man

I would love to see ryback jump onto the cell and shake it and have it break down while punk is beating up refs and fans and not giving a fuck. Make it some real animal sweaty shit.

I'd actually really enjoy if the match just went to hell like 5 minutes in and became a mess of epic proportions with casualties strewn all over the place. Just end the PPV with Heyman driving a car right up to the cell and as Punk is about to get Shell Shocked, he's wiggles out, dives into the passenger seat, and flees the arena leaving Ryback standing in the middle of what looks like Normandy after Tom Hanks arrived. Final shot of the PPV is a slow zoom out from the hard camera capturing the chaos in a wide angle with Ryback in the center.

Boom. 5 star Classic from Da Meltz.

somedevil

Here is some TNA news as well for the people who love the Aces and Eights story line:

The storyline with Aces & 8s will reportedly run for the next 6 months unless plans change.

I bet alot hope the plans change.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
WWE 13 also implies that
Triple H was behind the screw job. Before the Bret/Shawn match starts it a scene backstage with Vince, HBK, and Triple H in a locker talking about Bret not doing business. It's an unedited video package before every major match like a ppv intro.

Best one so far was the Badd Blood HitC match. If you achieve every objective for a major match, you get a bonus match. Like if you do all the extra stuff for the Bret/HBK match at Survivor Series, the bonus is...........

You play as Kane in his debut match vs. Mankind at the same Survivor Series event. Paul Bearer is there too. You beat up Mankind and it unlocks '98 Kane.

I'd actually really enjoy if the match just went to hell like 5 minutes in and became a mess of epic proportions with casualties strewn all over the place. Just end the PPV with Heyman driving a car right up to the cell and as Punk is about to get Shell Shocked, he's wiggles out, dives into the passenger seat, and flees the arena leaving Ryback standing in the middle of what looks like Normandy after Tom Hanks arrived. Final shot of the PPV is a slow zoom out from the hard camera capturing the chaos in a wide angle with Ryback in the center.

Boom. 5 star Classic from Da Meltz.
now I'm just picturing it and it's sounding like the best thing ever. And we're not going to get it.

Fuck you.

Kyoufu

WWE 13 also implies that
Triple H was behind the screw job. Before the Bret/Shawn match starts it a scene backstage with Vince, HBK, and Triple H in a locker talking about Bret not doing business. It's an unedited video package before every major match like a ppv intro.

Best one so far was the Badd Blood HitC match. If you achieve every objective for a major match, you get a bonus match. Like if you do all the extra stuff for the Bret/HBK match at Survivor Series, the bonus is...........

You play as Kane in his debut match vs. Mankind at the same Survivor Series event. Paul Bearer is there too. You beat up Mankind and it unlocks '98 Kane.

Isn't that common knowledge? Triple H was involved.

Hey, guys. Can't wait for the PPV.

WWE 13 also implies that

Shit character models and average gameplay aside, I think I'll buy this game.

now I'm just picturing it and it's sounding like the best thing ever. And we're not going to get it.

Fuck you.

Don't take it out on me, yo. Tweet, TOUT, Facebook, MySpace, and AOL Chatroom your frustration to The 'E. I'm just fantasy booking out loud.

------------

Interesting that every positive post about WWE13 has nothing to do with the gameplay. Stop being suckers, you guize.

Alucard

Banned
Here is some TNA news as well for the people who love the Aces and Eights story line:

I bet alot hope the plans change.

I really hope they change, or they at least reveal the pieces a lot quicker. I'm not interested in this story at all right now. The group has been around for months and they still haven't revealed their motivations for just about anything.

I guess WWE doesn't want my British Pounds Sterling. I sure as shit am not wasting it to watch a bunch of Yank twats like CM Punk.

You can spend your money on a pint at the pub followed by a trip to the chippy.
Why pay to watch Punk get battered when you can have a battered sausage?

Alucard

Banned
Because setting up the cell takes longer than the actual match.

Oh, snap.

In all seriousness, the three-way looks like it could be really good if they allow it time. The promotional image even looks like a Knockouts match.

With only 6 matches on the card, they will have to fill the time somehow. Is the PPV meant to be 2 or 3 hours?

Team Hell No vs. Team Rhodes Scholars Its been said before but whoever wins we win. Match of the Night.
Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio who gives a shit.
Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz these guys can put on a good match together but I'm not expectig much from this one
Eve vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn Why not? She could fued with AJ
Sheamus vs. Big Show Calling it now Bro Kick off top turnbuckle. Ziggler come out to cash in as Sheamus leaves. They go back to the ring, big show is back up goes for wmd on Sheamus misses and hits Ziggler. No cash in.
CM Punk vs. Ryback Honestly the more I think about it I don't mind if Ryback wins as long as they don't use him to hand the belt right back over to Cena.

speaking of which, fantasy booking time.

Ryback beats punk tonight. Rematch on Raw, Punk wins with a finger poke of doom. Ryback becomes punks enforcer and punk cuts a promo saying "you were right Cena, the Ryback doesn't care about the title. He just wants to kick some ass. What better ass to kick than Mr. Loyalty Hustle Respect himself."

strobogo

Banned
This happens every year and I hate it. Which ever WWE game is coming out and all year I say I'm going to wait and get it cheap or used, but once it is about to come out, I get super antsy and have to have it now. And now that WWE 13 is days away, I feel like I must have it and can't wait. Including DLC. I am an addict. One year I had it on pre-order and it didn't come right away, so I went out and bought it at a store. It's nonsense. These fucking games have a hold on me. It makes me want to run out and check all the stores in my town to see if they have it early.

Although, I really hate buying games at stores since I have to track someone down to open the vault and then be embarrassed that I'm a grown ass (little) man with a beard who owns his own car and yet I'm out buying wrestling video games at 2 in the morning. But I really want this fucking game immediately. I want to be playing it right now. Fiending, y'all

SPEAK. AMERICAN.

The hell are you people saying?

Translated to dirty colonial speak;

"You can spend your cash on a pitcher of ice cold, tasteless light beer at the sports bar followed by an order of some hot-n-spicy, cornhole blasting chicken wings. Why pay to watch Punk get destroyed when you can get hammered and destroy a basket of wings at your local Dave & Busters?"

Kyoufu

Ryback's streak isn't really important.

The chants are what people care about.

Yep, plus they just need to not make him look weak. That's all.

Also I'm sure Cena's "He doesn't care about the title, he just looks like he wants to kick some ass" comment about Ryback already gives the result away.

Translated to dirty colonial speak;

"You can spend your cash on a pitcher of ice cold, light beer at the sports bar followed by an order of some hot-n-spicy, cornhole blasting chicken wings. Why pay to watch Punk get destroyed when you can get hammered and destroy a basket of wings at Dave & Busters?"

Finally a language I can understand. Is there anything you don't do, Bootaaay?

And now Sokantish talkin' bout bangers in the mouth. You James Bond Land people are crazy.

Alucard

Banned
Yep, plus they just need to not make him look weak. That's all.

Also I'm sure Cena's "He doesn't care about the title, he just looks like he wants to kick some ass" comment about Ryback already gives the result away.

I don't think WWE creative knew the result at that time and probably just decided it in the middle of this week.

Predictions for tonight!

Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio
I see Orton winning this. I wish he was a heel again. I've been so bored with him since he's been face.

Tag Team Championship match
Team Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars

I love both teams but I don't think Hell No will lose the titles on this PPV. I think they might feud another month and drop the titles next PPV. So I'll go with Team Hell No to win.

Intercontinental Championship match
Kofi Kingston vs The Miz

Kofi Kingston

Divas Championship match
Eve vs Kaitlin vs Layla

I hope Eve wins so I can hear her theme song twice tonight. Also, diva matches have been pretty good lately.

World Heavyweight Championship match
Sheamus vs Big Show

Sheamus. I can't wait for Wade Barrett to get a title shot.

WWE Championship match
CM Punk vs Ryback

CM Punk. I'm guessing with Brocks help. This match will probably have a crazy ending.

Top Bottom