• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, here's some bad news for like 2 of you. WCW Archive is being shut down, WWE is getting even more aggressive and the account has one warning left, and has a couple hundred WCW vids that will no doubt infringe. So, adios WCW Archive. You were a great idea for some great wrestling.

Now, this didn't make it into the poll, but I want to know - through time and history, you need to select the people to staff your WWE empire. Not the wrestlers! But EVERYTHING ELSE. So, fill in the blanks with what you feel is the best.

Commentary Team
Play-by-play: Tony Schiavone
Color: Jesse Ventura
Optional 3rd commentator: Bobby Heenan

GM/President of the WWE: Gorilla Monsoon

Backstage and pre-fight interviewer: Mean Gene Okerlund

Referees: Charles Robinson (Lil Naitch), Randy Anderson, Nick Patrick

Ugh, I guess you can see the WCW influence there. The reason why I pick Heenan for optional 3rd is that he can float between cheering for heel or face when not in a strictly color commentary sense. Jesse Ventura is probably the best of the pure heel commentators, and Schiavone did have good play by play. It's hard for me to say Gorilla Monsoon wouldn't be the GM, since he was truly a class act. He's no Jack Tunney. And gawd, my Referee selection is all WCW :|

Sokantish

Play by play: Michael Cole
Color: Jerry "The King" Lawler
Optional 3rd commentator: Booker T

GM/President: Teddy Long

Backstage and pre-fight interviewer: Matt Striker

Referees: AJ Lee, Dean Ambrose

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Play by play: Michael Cole
Color: Jerry "The King" Lawler
Optional 3rd commentator: Booker T

GM/President: Teddy Long

Backstage and pre-fight interviewer: Matt Striker

Referees: AJ Lee, Dean Ambrose

YOU are going to get buried in the GWF unless Commissioner "Honest" Bootaaay manages to stop me.

Hey WrassleGAF, I just wanted to cross post this here from the Hurricane Sandy thread because this is pretty much the only thread I post in.

We have power right now, but no cable so I can't really watch the news to see what's going on around me, but the area is devastated. My family is ok, but I still have a few friends and co-workers that I haven't been able to reach. :/

That is crazy. Stay safe and I hope you can hear from your friends/coworkers.

Sokantish

YOU are going to get buried in the GWF unless Commissioner "Honest" Bootaaay manages to stop me.
Sunflower, I didn't mean it! It's just I don't really know/remember any of those people sticking out to me so I can't really pick people that I prefer. Except for maybe good ol' JR. So I thought I'd help with finally getting Dean Ambrose to debut

Whoever doesn't enjoy AJ the ref is insane in the membrame.

At least SOME people support my decisions!

Play by play: JR
Color: Bobby Heenan
Optional 3rd commentator: JBL

GM/President: William Regal w/tajiri

Backstage and pre-fight interviewer: Mean "woooooo, by god" Gene Okerlund

Referees: Lil Naitch, Bryce Remsburg, Shawn Michaels

Aiii

So not worth it
Can someone summarize Raw pls?

Survivor Series matches will be:
-Vickie/Dolph vs. AJ/Cena
-Team Punk (Punk, Miz, PTP and Del Rio) vs. Team Foley (Ryback, Kofi, Hell No and Orton) in classic elimination SS match.
-Show vs. Sheamus rematch.

AJ got to wrestle as well, Vickie is still GM. Beth's contract ended and she didn't extend so she lost to AJ in a match, Vickie restarted the match, Beth got a Glam Slam and a pin to win the new match and subsequently got fired in a backstage segment.

That's about all that was new, rest was same old same old. Ryback squash, Cesaro few minutes. Cena was confronted with the "AJ SCANDAL" footage and smiled his way through it.

ggo6J.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Play by play: JR
Color: Bobby Heenan
Optional 3rd commentator: JBL

GM/President: William Regal w/tajiri

Backstage and pre-fight interviewer: Mean "woooooo, by god" Gene Okerlund

Referees: Lil Naitch, Bryce Remsburg, Shawn Michaels

Banana shorts Michaels ref?

Would you guys stop hating Cesaro please?

I don't. He's great. :)

Sokantish

Not you Aiii, your post just reminded me that people do hate him for some reason. He does great stuff in the ring though, I don't get it.

McNei1y

Whoever doesn't enjoy AJ the ref is insane in the membrame.

Agreed 100% Best ref is AJ ref.

Foley yells at Punk and challenges him for SS teams. Punk accepts. Rybork comes out and Punk runs into crowd. I don't remember the match after the opening... I think it was Hell No vs PTP? Anyway, it was cool. Barrett vs Orton... RKO OUTTA NOWHERE. More random stuff. Vickie/Cena stuff happens about AJ. Various clips of them together about the affair. Ziggler comes out and gets punked by Cena. Vickie schedules match for AJ vs Beth. AJ beats Beth, but then match gets restarted so Beth wins. Backstage, Vickie fires Beth for not defeating her the first time (RIP Beth WWE career). Kofi vs Cesaro... Miz interfered. A good Rhodes Scholars v Rey Cara match. Cena 2.0 (Sheamus) pumped up his loss the night before and all that. Big Show came out. Show got punked by White Noise (Sheamus is strong). A boring ADR match. Foley and Punk select teams. Team F: Ryback, Hell No, Orton, Kofi. Team Punk: Punk, Miz, Rhodes Scholars, ADR. Team Punk gets punked. Rhodes gets abused by Ryback. End night.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not you Aiii, your post just reminded me that people do hate him for some reason. He does great stuff in the ring though, I don't get it.

Agreed, his uppercut, his physique, he'll be a big star in a year or so.

Seems WWE agrees with you though, he gets loads of airtime and gets to do a promo every time as well.

Commentary Team #1 (RAW):
Play-by-play: Mike Tenay
Colour: Jim Ross

Commentary Team #2 (Smackdown):
Play-by-play: Gordon Solie
Colour: Jesse Ventura
Optional 3rd commentator: Dusty Rhodes

Commissioner: Sgt. Slaughter

Backstage and pre-fight interviewers: Mean Gene Okerlund, 'Sweet & Sour' Larry Sweeney & Lord Alfred Hayes

Ring Announcers: Howard Finkle, Bob Artese & Bobby Cruise

Referees: Joe Higuchi, Charles Robinson, Yukinori Matsui & Nikkan Lee

World Heavyweight Champion: Stan 'The Lariat' Hansen
World Tag Team Champions: The Briscoe Brothers
World Women's Champion: Aja Kong
Jr. Heavyweight Champion: El Generico
Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: The Rockers
Jr. Women's Champion: Portia Perez

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Commentary Team #1 (RAW):
Play-by-play: Mike Tenay
Colour: Jim Ross

Commentary Team #2 (Smackdown):
Play-by-play: Gordon Solie
Colour: Jesse Ventura
Optional 3rd commentator: Dusty Rhodes

Commissioner: Sgt. Slaughter

Backstage and pre-fight interviewers: Mean Gene Okerlund, 'Sweet & Sour' Larry Sweeney & Lord Alfred Hayes

Ring Announcers: Howard Finkle, Bob Artese & Bobby Cruise

Referees: Joe Higuchi, Charles Robinson, Yukinori Matsui & Nikkan Lee

World Heavyweight Champion: Stan 'The Lariat' Hansen
World Tag Team Champions: The Briscoe Brothers
World Women's Champion: Aja Kong
Jr. Heavyweight Champion: El Generico
Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: The Rockers
Jr. Women's Champion: Portia Perez

Thanks for some of the additions, it was poorly thought out, and I am at work. :)

For Ring Announcers I'd actually go with Michael Buffer. Despite his issues, when he was in the ring in WCW (gawd...again WCW) he made the main events feel like a big damn deal. Besides that, for main events, you can't go wrong with the Fink.

If I had to pick out a Smackdown commentary team, I'd go with Lord Alfred Hayes as play by play, Larry Zybysko, and Mike Tenay. Say what you will about Tenay in TNA, but when Tenay was in WCW, he was a VERY valuable addition when it was time for Cruiserweight matches and you left each match possibly learning about the sport.

You know what I miss about WCW?

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJlrquggUU

It made the main events seem like such a big deal.

Oh hey, we agree! Woo~

You know what I miss about WCW?

NITRO PARTIES

Someone mentioned on an older Review-A-Wai how the Nitro Party concept would be dead now, since the majority of people watch, alone, in their rooms on the PC. :(

I think it's true.

Say what you will about Tenay in TNA, but when Tenay was in WCW, he was a VERY valuable addition when it was time for Cruiserweight matches and you left each match possibly learning about the sport.

That was exactly why I picked him, the dude just came alive during the cruiserweight matches and really helped to get over that style of wrestling as it was gaining popularity. It was always evident just how passionate he was, and in the way he called those matches you could tell that he wanted to do everything in his power to help make the fans just as passionate about that style too.

Ithil

Would you guys stop hating Cesaro please?

Oh and Owl is right, the 3MB was great

Who hates Cesaro? I think a lot are finding the gimmick underwhelming (even if it's getting better with the vignettes and stuff), but I assume everyone recognises he's a phenomenal talent and should be a big success down the road.

In terms of matches, he's one of my favourites right now, even when they aren't that long, they're great to watch.

I can't tell what parts of Bryan says in these interviews are true or just messing anymore. He often slips in and out of kayfabe in pretty much the same sentence.

Hilarious duo.

I think they need to play up the Northwestern hipster/Republican from parts unknown angle a lot more on television.

Nice interview with Tim Donst here, CHIKARA fans;

Dissecting Donst - Part 1

Donst for Grand Champ! He's improved so much as a heel over the past couple of years, I'd love to see him rewarded with a title run for that, and it seems like redemption through success is the logical conclusion to his current situation.

Commentary Team
Play-by-play: Vinny Mac

GM/President of the WWE: Shane Mac

Managers: Slick, Jimmy Hart, Sensational Sherri, The Brain.

Why no Ms Eliz? Sherri can handle herself out there in the ring area

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Woohoo, all kinds of stores breaking the EU WWE '13 street date.

So I got mine. PS3 though, so no Kane Battle Royal for me.

Also, Botchamania 217

If you have a particular themed Kane you want me to make, just give me the name. Kane 200 B.C. should be an interesting visit...

Commentary Team
Play-by-play: Vinny Mac

GM/President of the WWE: Shane Mac

Managers: Slick, Jimmy Hart, Sensational Sherri, The Brain.

Why no Ms Eliz? Sherri can handle herself out there in the ring area

A flair for the 80s! Fantastic.

Nice interview with Tim Donst here, CHIKARA fans;

Dissecting Donst - Part 1

Donst for Grand Champ! He's improved so much as a heel over the past couple of years, I'd love to see him rewarded with a title run for that, and it seems like redemption through success is the logical conclusion to his current situation.

He actually seems to be getting into pretty great shape lately too. It seemed like at the start of this year he was determined to be fake Kevin Steen right down to the body shape, but every single Chikara show I watch he seems to have trimmed a lot of fat and is putting on better and better matches.

I'll go on record saying that Kingston is my least favourite member of the Chikara roster, so I'd happily see Donst take the title.

Top Bottom