• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

I think he's earned it, definitely.
VXoar.gif

NawidA

Banned
I may have a extra ticket for Raw in Sacramento this Monday (my buddy is probably dropping out). PM me if you are interested.

SD is dead because they are using practically every talent on the show on RAW instead. So what you see that same week is what you saw Monday. You rarely see something different. They just need to make it a developmental show with some vets included.

Ratings are down now because 1) it's not very good and they still lack stars for years running 2) NFL is back on and dominating as usual

SD was dying LONG before the 3 hour RAW came along. I don't mean just ratings wise, they just simply don't have enough stars to warrant two separate shows.

I get why RAW ratings are considered bad. I'm just trying to understand why people hate the 3 hour RAW when it really doing good job. Longer matches and more screen time for everyone. Plus when you take out all the commercials you're really only getting 30 mins worth of extra stuff. Which is really coming in handy so far. So i don't get the big deal.

The only real complaints i see so far is the same shit the old RAW had as well. Bad booking and shitty story lines. Just watch if they go back to 2 hours Punk, Kane, Bryan etc screen time would be cut in half probably even more. Then everyone will be saying how there's not enough of them. lol It's a lose lose battle with wrestling fans.

That Sheamus thought made me vomit.

Just picture it. The Road to Wrestlemania, Undertaker's serious promos contrasting with Sheamus' whimsical, lighthearted barbs.

The match finish would see Sheamus kicking out of the Tombstone and then Brogue kicking Taker, taker does his awakening sit-up, then Sheamus debuts a new type of Brogue kick where he kicks Undertaker in the back of the head while his foot rises and then stomps down violently on his head on the down swing (this is while Taker is sitting on the mat, mind you). He then pins him for the win.

Sheamus would go down in history as the man that beat the streak, which he would reference in his promos and would be part of his ring introduction.

So...anyone watch the Punk documentary yet? I really enjoyed it - very well produced and is more frank with the creative aspect of wrestling than any WWE produced documentary I've seen. I do wish there was more stuff from his early days, and hell, there should have been a whole section devoted to the Second City Saints. Awesome stuff though, very candid and revealing. I especially like Hayes talking about why 'Heyman guys' aren't always given a fair shake of the stick;
because people assume that if Heyman is singing a guy's praises, it's primarily to benefit Heyman, not because the guy's actually as good as he says

Yeah, it's a really "smart" documentary, and holds nothing back concerning internal politics, and all the crap Punk had to deal with. Good stuff. I enjoy these recent WWE projects that completely drop the kayfabe stuff like HBK vs. Bret, and the Stone Cold one.

Also, the Straight Edge Society was amazing, and didn't reach anywhere near the levels it could've. I had no idea the
"CM Jesus" stuff actually took off like it did and he was getting "religious heat" from the hardcore Christians in attendance.
That could've been so much more than it amounted to.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Are those Ziggler tweets real? 'Cause I'm looking at both his and Arnold's Twitter feeds and I'm not seeing anything beyond Dolph's first tweet.

I was talking to my mother tonight and she just so happened to turn on her TV earlier in the day and wrasslin was on.

She proceeded to tell me how Dolph Ziggler "looks like he has worms in his hair" for 10 minutes.

I'm going to start calling him Worms.

I was talking to my mother tonight and she just so happened to turn on her TV earlier in the day and wrasslin was on.

She proceeded to tell me how Dolph Ziggler "looks like he has worms in his hair" for 10 minutes.

I'm going to start calling him Worms.

As someone who's trademarked a myriad of now popular terms and phrases in this very thread, "Worms" does not have my approval. Motion denied.

And you guys defending 3 hour Raws earlier are crazy. At least a bad 2 hour episode was over relatively quickly. Now even average episodes drag. You might get longer TV matches, but all I see are longer TV matches. You might get more promos, but all I see are more promos. They have an entire 2 hour TV show they do basically nothing with every week, Raw didn't need more time.

Frankman's permaban really killed my mood. Dude's been around for quite some time. We've bickered here and there in jest in many WrestleGAF threads for years but I always did consider him a good guy.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Frankman's permaban really killed my mood. Dude's been around for quite some time. We've bickered here and there in jest in many WrestleGAF threads for years but I always did consider him a good guy.
It doesn't make much sense. You can say such senseless things here on GAF, and nothing will happen to you, but one silly word is all it takes? Where's the consistency?

You're right it's pretty bad.

I'm just sayin', we gotta keep standards up around here. It's our job to raise the bar on GAF. Nothing personal, it's business.

On the loss of one of our own: Frankman and I rarely saw eye to eye due to his "Mods on speed dial" type of lifestyle, but I really do wish him well in his future internet endeavors. I'm sure he'll work his way back up like MVP in Japan, or Rare with Microsoft....

...Maybe not the last one so much, but Godspeed, Frankman.

Top Bottom