• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

I feel good with you guys. I might be sad, but at least I'll always have wrassle gaf. Thanks.

Also the only thing I've contributed to wrasslegaf was the term Lamp. Yeah :(

This is my dream match.
J3jIu.jpg

I only just saw this, I concur.

Poor old Frankman, who the hell will deliver us entrance theme lyrics now?!
Except for maybe bean breath.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So during Punk's title run, he has been the focus of Raw during it's lowest ratings since the dark years of the WWE when WWF/E was expected to fold any day.

Vince McMahon isn't going to let another indie star walk around with his championship. The internet fans are just a small portion of the regular viewership. Punk has changed WWE alright....he's basically proved that the internet fan doesn't matter!

It doesn't make much sense. You can say such senseless things here on GAF, and nothing will happen to you, but one silly word is all it takes? Where's the consistency?

There isn't much consistency these days in moderation, that's why so many people are scared of getting banned.

RBH

So Frankman got banned for quoting an old Botchamania video, basically.

He still should've known better than to use the C word though regardless of context.

So during Punk's title run, he has been the focus of Raw during it's lowest ratings since the dark years of the WWE when WWF/E was expected to fold any day.

Vince McMahon isn't going to let another indie star walk around with his championship. The internet fans are just a small portion of the regular viewership. Punk has changed WWE alright....he's basically proved that the internet fan doesn't matter!

But Punk's segments are the highest rated.

What does it all meannnn

Mr. Sam

At least we know what the C in CM Punk stands for now. The M, presumably, must stand for "master" or "muncher" or something of the sort.

Ultratech

So Frankman got banned for quoting an old Botchamania video, basically.

He still should've known better than to use the C word though regardless of context.

Yeah. Still sucks to hear about though.

I found the post at least. Crazy stuff...

Also, I managed to dig this up from the January thread:
P5YT3.jpg

Let's just hope he doesn't go the way of ***** ******:
jnVXZ.png

thuway

You can also blame the poor ratings on WWE's focus on Cena. If they actually let Punk win matches cleanly over the likes of Sheamus, Cena, and Ryback- you might actually see people genuinely interested when he gets defeated.

For now, Punk is nothing more than a chump.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Frankman was one of the best members of the Kane Klique.

And I can't believe he got perma'd for something he posted in here. Oh well, I'm sure one of his alts will take his former glory soon enough.

strobogo

Banned
Punk's doc is pretty interesting in how WWE not only acknowledges other promotions outside of "independent wrestling", but actually show casing specific promotions, wrestlers who don't wrestle for them or for rival promotions (the Punk vs Joe section). It's so weird. Doing 5-10 minutes of his interview IN an ROH ring is crazy. ROH and IWA should definitely re-release and promote best of Punk DVDs. This DVD will probably give them more business than the past 3-4 years for either promotion.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, not sure that Punk being champ during the dark days says more about pushing an indie guy, or about the WWE product as a whole.

Guzim

If you post a pic of you with a cardboard cutout, I'll punch you in the guzims.
I'm at LaGuardia airport. I told him I was a huge fan, and I thanked him for all he's done. He said, "Thank you. I appreciate that." Then we shook hands.

Top Bottom