• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
UTw5t.gif

Dave wins! Not sure who is more horrible. If he went to UFC he would have been annihilated. No wonder he chose to start here.

HEEL BATISTA EMERGES LOL.

strobogo

Banned
I wish Batista would come back to WWE. There is really nothing he did before that wasn't PG besides fucking Melina as a warm up for MNM.

strobogo

Banned
No. I implied that fucking Melina as a warm up was the only non-PG thing his character ever did, so his argument about how PG sucks and silly. He wasn't in any angles that were mature, adult stuff or anything. In fact, his arguably best run was completely contained to the PG era.

Laserfrog

It was a fight not a match! The best darn fight ever. And Batista was the winner! That report is poo, I saw it all with my own eyes! Batista was like Rocky but not the first Rocky it was like Rocky II where he won.

Also just a few posts up!

I knew Batista would win!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Probably old, but I thought this was interesting.

Who doesn't remember Brock Lesnar's Jimmy John-filled reign?

who has the longest WHC reign? JBL was the longest WWE title holder while it was a Smackdown belt. (Amazing that the WWE title was treated like the IC belt during the brand split)

Where's Sheamus chart. He has to be getting close to 200 now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
To think...the only reason the tag team division is hot now was because of ROH fans in Miami during Wrestlemania weekend. Blows the mind when you think about it.

Doombear

For anyone with a Hulu+ membership, I just noticed the latest episode of NXT (OCT 3) popped up. Pretty stoked not to have to hunt them down on youtube anymore!

Lunchbox

Banned
frankman was a brother bro. i hated him and his sports teams and hobbies and he hated me as well. but it was bro hate, in our hearts we were together, like if he ever was standing out in the rain, i would laugh at his anime sneakers but then hand him an umbrella.

come back frankman

icfR2G.gif

BlazinAm

The end of the Batista fight was really awkward but it looked like some stupid trash talking going on. I have only seen a few MMA matches and that looked like it was just showboating for the crowd.

Man, ROH is so dead in the water.

They drew 220 last night in NEW JERSEY. That used to be one of their biggest markets, before the HDnet deal forced them to abandon it in 2009 - this is the first time they've been back since, and as if the low draw wasn't bad enough...

First of all, the 'free iPPV' codes were just lying around on a merch table, and people could grab as many as they wanted, so expect a few to end up on ebay.

Secondly, in the main event between ROH Champion Kevin Steen and home-town boy Jay Lethal (which was said to be an excellent match), Steen verbally assaulted and spat upon Lethal's family at ringside - Lethal went crazy, the two had to be separated, Steen high-tailed it to the back and Lethal followed. No one knew what was going on, until Bobby Cruise got on the mic and announced that the match was declared a no contest before shilling Final Battle to end the show. This was met with boos, 'BULLSHIT' & 'REFUND' chants and a whole load of bottles and trash being thrown in the ring.

What a GREAT way to return to a market you haven't visited in 3 years!

BlazinAm

Man, ROH is so dead in the water.

They drew 220 last night in NEW JERSEY. That used to be one of their biggest markets, before the HDnet deal forced them to abandon it in 2009 - this is the first time they've been back since, and as if the low draw wasn't bad enough...

First of all, the 'free iPPV' codes were just lying around on a merch table, and people could grab as many as they wanted, so expect a few to end up on ebay.

Secondly, in the main event between ROH Champion Kevin Steen and home-town boy Jay Lethal (which was said to be an excellent match), Steen verbally assaulted and spat upon Lethal's family at ringside - Lethal went crazy, the two had to be separated, Steen high-tailed it to the back and Lethal followed. No one knew what was going on, until Bobby Cruise got on the mic and announced that the match was declared a no contest before shilling Final Battle to end the show. This was met with boos, 'BULLSHIT' & 'REFUND' chants and a whole load of bottles and trash being thrown in the ring.

What a GREAT way to return to a market you haven't visited in 3 years!

I would say that is the state of the whole wrestling business overall, TNA is drawing a fraction of what they did last year and for smackdown tour WWE might as well give those away.

The Kevin Steen stuff sounds like ROH is desperate for some viral coverage of their product, but it could be very much real.

Top Bottom