• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Kaladin

Kota Ibushi (c) vs Low Ki time!

Surely they can get the international rights to Low Ki's theme since he uses it internationally.

strobogo

Banned
My favorite thing about puro now is that all the matches on big cards have weird and wacky subtitles that make no sense at all.

Those are some stiff kicks from Low Ki. Good stuff so far.

My favorite thing about puro now is that all the matches on big cards have weird and wacky subtitles that make no sense at all.

I like the ones that sound like a Street Fighter II variation; 'Ultimate Hyper Fighting Battle', or some-such.

Kaladin

Just under an hour and 15 minutes until New Japan's first international iPPV!

New Japan Pro-Wrestling, "NJPW 40TH ANNIVERSARY ~ KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 08.10.2012
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

ibpHBTT4c2TRJE.jpg

Running Time - 4 hours

Start Time - 5PM JST | 10AM CET | 9AM GMT | 4AM EST | 1AM PDT

On Demand - available until October 11th at the times listed above.

Purchase - $25 live or On Demand; http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972

Card;

MANABU NAKANISHI RETURN MATCH;

01. Yuji Nagata, Strong Man & Manabu Nakanishi vs Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Takashi Iizuka

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH;

02. Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (c) vs Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley)

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH;

03. Kota Ibushi (c) vs Low Ki

IWGP TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH;

04. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) (c) vs Killer Elite Squad (Harry Smith & Lance Archer)

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH;

05. Tetsuya Naito vs Yujiro Takahashi

TAG TEAM CONFRONTATION;

06. Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata

TOKYO DOME IWGP No. 1 CONTENDER MATCH;

07. Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Karl Anderson

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH;

08. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Hirooki Goto

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH;

09. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Minoru Suzuki

So we can get the card on the new page.

Yujiro is on a winning streak since returning from Mexico, including a pinfall on Tanahashi in a tag match - after the match, he went after Naito's injured knee, setting up this match.

That was a disappointing finish, but it was good while it lasted and I was expecting them to run with an injury angle on Naito (who has legit torn his ACL).

*edit, looks like intermission time.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ughhhhhh

taking a break when I get sleepy is bad as a stupid 25 minute long promo that opens up Raw

both are carcinogenic to my health

Here we go, second half is up!

The story in this next one is that Sakuraba (MMA legend) and Shibata (former NJPW wrestler who was pushed as a future star, but quit to take up MMA) have returned to change the face of New Japan and prove that shoot style is better than puroresu.

Kaladin

Here we go, second half is up!

The story in this next one is that Sakuraba (MMA legend) and Shibata (former NJPW wrestler who was pushed as a future star, but quit to take up MMA) have returned to change the face of New Japan and prove that shoot style is better than puroresu.

So basically a Japanese Brock Lesnar.

Top Bottom