• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

gurudyne

The bad news is: Someone gon git got....legally. Dude was doing nothing and got Punked.

The good news is: Maybe we'll finally have a heel people are actually afraid to touch.

In this litigious world we live in? People are going to be crowding him everywhere he goes. Gots to get them MILLIONS OF DOLLARS from settlements.

Pimpwerx

What really sucks about this, WWE will probably cut escapes and brawls through the crowd after this incident, because fans were crowding Punk as he walked up. Something like that was bound to happen to someone, it just had to be Punk who lost his cool.

I doubt it. I commented the moment it happened that it looked like Punk took the wrong exit. Usually, they have security stationed at the crowd exit, and they follow the wrestler through the crowd. There wasn't anyone there for a clear exit, and Punk even climbed a rail. I think he just took the wrong exit. PEACE.

Kaladin

The really bad thing about this, is that second punch. You could excuse the first punch as Punk reacting to something or someone and the guy getting hit being unfortunate. That second punch though seals the deal, Punk saw the guy flinching back and swung again. That was uncalled for.

krae_man

The really bad thing about this, is that second punch. You could excuse the first punch as Punk reacting to something or someone and the guy getting hit being unfortunate. That second punch though seals the deal, Punk saw the guy flinching back and swung again. That was uncalled for.

How are they going to punish him? No way in hell are they taking away the Hell in a Cell and Royal Rumble matches.

Was that a closed fist punch? It looked like a palm strike to the nose.

Most exciting thing since Brock came back post-WM.

Can't wait to see what happens with this angle of Punk vs. random dude doing nothing wrong.

Kaladin

How are they going to punish him? No way in hell are they taking away the Hell in a Cell and Royal Rumble matches.

Hah, they've booked themselves into a situation where they can't punish him.....because no one can carry the ball like him and Cena do every week.

Kaladin

Via Pwinsider:

After Raw went off the air, Sheamus took on CM Punk. Sheamus won after Punk grabbed the mic and said "This is how you win" and then used it to low blow Sheamus. Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick afterward.

krae_man

Hah, they've booked themselves into a situation where they can't punish him.....because no one can carry the ball like him and Cena do every week.

I guess they could suspend him for 30 days and strip him of the title and still have time to put it back on him in time for the Rumble, but that still kind of ruins everything.

Kaladin

So heavy got banned going after cain? I'm not shocked.

Heavy got banned for his posts there? Not real surprised, the guy was just offering constructive criticism and Heavy took it as trolling and blew up. I was going to say something but now I guess Heavy gets to learn the hard way.

A clarification on the creative shake-ups. Brian Gewirtz was actually removed earlier this month from his job as the actual writer of both Raw and Smackdown from home.

Eric Pankowski has been the actual leader of the writing team, a position he will continue to have.

Gewitz was part of the "home team" which didn't travel to shows. Dave Kapoor was the "road team" point man for Raw, and Ed Koskey is for Smackdown although both attend both shows.

Vince was in a mood later that everything is upwards from here and said the results have to start at the top with him.

BlazinAm

He will get buried at Hell in a Cell and after an "investigation is complete" be suspended after the PPV.

Na man Punk is untouchable right now more than anybody else so they will keep it quiet and hope it goes away. Worse case situation is that the guy is injured.

No, this is one where Cena and Ryback don't come off as the bad guys.

1) Vince announces important address.
2) In the middle of said address, Punk steals the spotlight and makes it about him.
3) Apropos of almost nothing, Punk slaps McMahon
4) McMahon does what wrestlers do--he challenges Punk to a FIGHT
5) Heyman knows the politics better than Punk, tries and fails to play that card to garner support/advantages for Punk in the back
6) In true heel fashion, Heyman chooses the dishonorable, selfish route and tells Punk to basically send McMahon into a coma and Punk agrees
7) Cena, boy scout that he is, does the in-character thing and comes to Vince's aid but since he is injured, brings his sidekick Ryback with him.
8) They tip the scales back in Vince's favor and give Punk the beginning of what is now a well-earned beating.
9) Punk, not being an idiot, slips away
10) McMahon, unsatisfied for obvious (almost righteous) reasons, issues the ultimatum.

Punk made his bed and McCenaback were making him lie in it. (It helps that Punk's desire for respect had legitimately crossed a line this week--he's officially heel now, no more grey area about it.)

As for respect itself, Cena and Ryback show respect for McMahon and they teach Punk the meaning of respect by showing Punk that his disrespect for those around him has some dire consequences. It's a nice inversion.

Really, if it weren't for all of that stupid "Face Cena to prove yourself lol" crap from the past couple of weeks, it would have been a good segment.

After thinking about it, I have to agree with you. Forgive me, the past few weeks of RAW have been kind of a haze for me. Like you said, that actually makes much more sense that the "you must beat Cena for the umpteenth time to earn our respect" bit. McMahon really did start some kind of buildup for Punk's HIAC match, while setting something up for next week. Much better than last week. Outside of the last match and the initial announcement, everything w/ McMahon was solid.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heavy got banned for his posts there? Not real surprised, the guy was just offering constructive criticism and Heavy took it as trolling and blew up. I was going to say something but now I guess Heavy gets to learn the hard way.

I honestly just want this thread to be a cool place to hang for people who like wrestling, WWE or otherwise. Heavy included. I know he doesn't like me, and he'll probably like me even less once he gets back, but whatever. People don't need to be told off or insulted, directly or indirectly, for what they do or don't enjoy.

EDIT: And if a mod goes back through the posts and feels like what I said to Heavy was ban-worthy in any way, shape, or form, I will gladly accept a ban as well. Like I said, I just want this thread to be as enjoyable as possible, for as many people as possible.

Kaladin

Na man Punk is untouchable right now more than anybody else so they will keep it quiet and hope it goes away. Worse case situation is that the guy is injured.

I don't think that guy was injured more than a bruise or two. They'll probably take him backstage, have him meet anyone he wants to meet, make him happy and call it a day.

Top Bottom