• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Mr. Robot

Damn, i need to rewatch the ending, i hope the guy in white that pushed punks head and the glasses guy came together, that would be an awkward moment when he realizes why punk hit him...

Maddocks

punk got pushed twice then finally got hit in the back of the head. punk was pretty cool about it, but once you get hit in the back of the head and you are not expecting it, i can see why he went into,"ITS CLOBBERING TIME!" mode and backhanded the fool.

pants

If someone pushed my head randomly, I'd turn around and floor them too. Wrestlers are human after all. Moreso they are guys participating in a contact sport, can't imagine why people would fuck with them.

Kaladin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAniQ0L2S3U&t=0m19s

If you watch from here you can see Punk shove the kid in the Lesnar shirt hard before the kid shoves him back. It looks like glasses guy might shove him once also before he hits him in the back of his head putting his glasses on. Earlier in the video, some guy in a pink Ziggler shirt touched the belt and Punk knocked his hand away. It was a bad situation for him to be in that crowd with no security, it could have got a lot worse.

Wrong guy got hit. Some guy in a blue Oxford shirt pushed Punk under the glasses guy's arm. What was the point of Punk being in the audience anyways?

KissVibes

Banned
Wrong guy got hit. Some guy in a blue Oxford shirt pushed Punk under the glasses guy's arm. What was the point of Punk being in the audience anyways?

He was running away via the stands. It's a common move and MOST people know not to touch wrestlers but apparently the ones from Sacramento don't know to keep hands to themselves if they are going to start assaulting the talent.

strobogo

Banned
A. He almost drilled a kid first, but held back once he saw it was a kid. B. It looks to me like the guy who got hit was being shoved himself by people behind him. Punk should use this in his promos going forth and have a comically large group of security guards following him at all times on screen to protect the fans from him.

Whatever happened the head security guy with the MASSIVE arms during the Attitude Era?

Kaladin

It's really just a bad situation for any wrestler to go into a crowd like that now. Anything could happen when you don't have security around you like he should have. Sure, most of it will be people trying to touch the guy or get on tv, but there is an asshole in every crowd, and in an arena, probably in every section.

So that asshole got what he deserved then? Good.
You mean the bald guy in the grey shirt? Nope, he got away with it.

EDIT: Dude with glasses gets pushed into him by fans behind him and then the grey shirt dude goes in for the push. Glasses dude was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAniQ0L2S3U&t=0m36s

I see exactly what happened now. The guy with the glasses didn't do anything. There was someone in a white shirt who reached around glasses guy, gives Punk the middle finger to the back of his head and smacks him hard and runs. That is exactly what causes Punk to start swinging.

Move your video back 5 seconds, glasses guy shoved Punk. He didn't hit him in the back of the head, but the guy in the grey made it out to look like glasses guy was the one fucking around.

Kaladin

Move your video back 5 seconds, glasses guy shoved Punk. He didn't hit him in the back of the head, but the guy in the grey made it out to look like glasses guy was the one fucking around.

Glasses guy may have shoved him, but that's not what he was directly reacting to. Also, it kind of looked to me like the glasses guy got shoved into Punk himself.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, it was Punk getting pushed, turning around telling who he thought did it to stop. Pushed again, telling him to fuck off (and I'm guessing warning him he would hit him) then pushed again and just hitting the guy.

That's actually a very indy thing to do.

Shame it was on the wrong guy though, but think of all the free shit that guy is gonna get. :lol

So, it was Punk getting pushed, turning around telling who he thought did it to stop. Pushed again, telling him to fuck off (and I'm guessing warning him he would hit him) then pushed again and just hitting the guy.

That's actually a very indy thing to do.

Shame it was on the wrong guy though, but think of all the free shit that guy is gonna get. :lol

Special Guest Twitter Ambassador

RyudBoy

The dude standing in the back flipped off Punk and pushed him in the back of the head. Made it look like the sunglasses guy did it.

Foffy

Banned
That's not cool. Like, I can get the belt thing as that was him still in character, but there's one point clearly in the video he's pushed with enough force he stumbles. That's fucked up, and fans should know better.

Enfinit

Yup, Punk hit the wrong guy. Although, it's completely understandable why he went swinging. The little Brock Lesnar kid and the guy in white are both ass holes. I hope they both got in fucking trouble.

Alucard

Banned
One of three scenarios presents itself:

-both fans were plants and this is just part of the storyline
-that punk kid pushed Punk too far, and then Punk hit the wrong guy
-Ryback vs. Cena at Hell in a Cell?

One of three scenarios presents itself:

-both fans were plants and this is just part of the storyline
-that punk kid pushed Punk too far, and then Punk hit the wrong guy
-Ryback vs. Cena at Hell in a Cell?
It's a work if it's on TV. This wasn't on TV. Some kids pushed Punk around, Punk gave a few warning shoves and showed some retaliatory body language, it continued, and Punk snapped.

Watching that new video makes it seem more acceptable. One should ideally never hit fans, but he was alone out there and people were fucking with him more than they should.

It's a work if it's on TV. This wasn't on TV. Some kids pushed Punk around, Punk gave a few warning shoves and showed some retaliatory body language, it continued, and Punk snapped.

Watching that new video makes it seem more acceptable. One should ideally never hit fans, but he was alone out there and people were fucking with him more than they should.

But it was on TV right?

I'm calling a work. Timing is too perfect.

Alucard

Banned
No.

It certainly makes sense to have your champion beat up fans.

tumblr_m8coyztsA71qzx70zo1_500.jpg

HEEL FROM HELL.

Aiii

So not worth it
I was watching the Smackdown MitB match from 2011 yesterday, it is amazing how little reaction Daniel Bryan used to get if you watch him now.

How impressive is that guy.

-also, another random observation I'm sure someone made yesterday. But God am I dreading when King returns and JBL is no longer on commentary. The show is just sooo much better when JBL and Cole are calling the action.

Alucard

Banned
I was watching the Smackdown MitB match from 2011 yesterday, it is amazing how little reaction Daniel Bryan used to get if you watch him now.

How impressive is that guy.

SO impressive. I do think he'll need to come up with a new gimmick soon, though. The "No/Yes" thing is already starting to feel a little stale. "I'm the tag team champions" is pretty great, but he can only ride that horse for a little while as well.

strobogo

Banned
But it was on TV right?

I'm calling a work. Timing is too perfect.

Timing is perfect for what? How is full force punching a fan in the face twice while not even on camera perfect? I fail to see why this would make any sense whatsoever to be a work. Talent and fans physically striking each other is never a good thing except in Japan. That's something that never, ever is encouraged or acceptable in US wrestling, especially WWE. When it is an angle, it is pretty obvious it is an angle. IE, by being the focal point of cameras and talked about by announcers.

I have no idea why anyone in this thread would seriously believe that the E would advocate punching a fan. My head hurts trying to do the same mental gymnastics as y'all.

Top Bottom