• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
CKPqxdJUYAAw980.jpg

I'd be fine with a non-WWE thread if I actually thought it could sustain itself - there's just not enough people here who watch stuff outside of WWE and too many that refuse to, for whatever reason. Also, while it happens pretty rarely, once in a blue moon a self-hating WWE fan will take stock and come to the realisation that the WWE isn't the be-all and end-all of professional wrestling. For those posters, seeing fans of other products actively ENJOYING the wrestling they've chosen to spend their valuable time watching can be all the encouragement needed to give an alternative a chance. Of course, there's the stubborn few who have such distaste for anything non-WWE that they can't bear to see it mentioned, they can't bear to hit 'page down' a few times and just scroll on past, the mere presence of non-WWE wrestling is a grave offence and one that can only be repaid with BANISHMENT to an undoubtedly less-active (yet assuredly more positive and less self-loathing) thread so WWE-only fans can be left undisturbed to wallow in filth and disappointment.

Ithil

The reasoning behind wanting a non-WWE thread ("I have to scroll past it!") is so minute that it really shouldn't even be considered. There's a wrestling thread, for all wrestling out there, and that works fine.

bjork

Theory: there are no WWE fans.

There are WWF fans who endure the product in hopes of seeing something that reminds them of when it was better. It's like when you see your ex-girlfriend on the streets with track marks up her arms, and you can still see her when she was young and her eyes were full of hope, and you wish she would turn it around.

Then there's those weirdo edge cases that love Goldberg and are really into WWE backstage skit shit and idk about those folks.

NoRéN

I'm shootin'

* I've felt this way for weeks now and eventualyl you all will too but New Day legit sucks. They're corny, lame, and try way too hard. New Day would be ok if they were on once every 2-3 weeks doing this schtick but they're on multiple times per week. It's cringe inducing, sorry it is. You'll all come to the same conclusion eventually but you're marks that think you're smarks so itll take a while longer.

* The wrasslin thread is a pain in the butt to read when half of the posts are about some horrible low budget Boootay fed or NJPWDRAGONGATEALLJAPANPRO junk. I have to scroll by half the page.

If yall weren't so weirdly stubborn and possessive over this thread and didn't tattle to mods over every little thing (this actually happens for any newcomers in the thread) you would make a separate WWE OT instead of combining all these different feds into one. Do we do that with other sports and media things? No. We separate MLS and the European soccer leagues, Marvel and DC OTs, College football and NFL, you name it, so why do i have to wade through all this crap just to read discussion on WWE? It doesn't make any sense. If College football, NFL, CFL, Lingerie FL, and all the others were together in one thread it would be disastrous. So why is all the wrestling into one? Have a WWE thread and then a Bootay thread. Simple as that. Maybe I'll make one myself. Mods inbox would get full tho
Agree on the New Day stuff.

Although, the Bootaaay post are the treasure in the WWE crap that dominates these threads.

PWG + LU + NJPW > WWE any day of the week.

A non WWE wrestling thread wouldn't be able to sustain itself unless Lucha Underground decided to go all year with no breaks.
It's not WWE's fault the other feds can't hack it. We have separate threads for everything else like the different football leagues. Don't feel like retyping my post above. Nobody responded to the points made in it (last paragraph).

Mahonay

Banned
I'd be fine with a non-WWE thread if I actually thought it could sustain itself - there's just not enough people here who watch stuff outside of WWE and too many that refuse to, for whatever reason. Also, while it happens pretty rarely, once in a blue moon a self-hating WWE fan will take stock and come to the realisation that the WWE isn't the be-all and end-all of professional wrestling. For those posters, seeing fans of other products actively ENJOYING the wrestling they've chosen to spend their valuable time watching can be all the encouragement needed to give an alternative a chance. Of course, there's the stubborn few who have such distaste for anything non-WWE that they can't bear to see it mentioned, they can't bear to hit 'page down' a few times and just scroll on past, the mere presence of non-WWE wrestling is a grave offence and one that can only be repaid with BANISHMENT to an undoubtedly less-active (yet assuredly more positive and less self-loathing) thread so WWE-only fans can be left undisturbed to wallow in filth and disappointment.

There are WWF fans who endure the product in hopes of seeing something that reminds them of when it was better. It's like when you see your ex-girlfriend on the streets with track marks up her arms, and you can still see her when she was young and her eyes were full of hope, and you wish she would turn it around.

Then there's those weirdo edge cases that love Goldberg and are really into WWE backstage skit shit and idk about those folks.
0TzJuK4.gif

Sephzilla

It's not WWE's fault the other feds can't hack it. We have separate threads for everything else like the different football leagues. Don't feel like retyping my post above. Nobody responded to the points made in it (last paragraph).

This isn't football. And I'm halfway certain the only reason there are separate Marvel/DC threads is because it would turn into a constant pissing match thread if it was one thread. We thankfully are above having pissing match brand wars and respect all promotions here except TNA

I'm a ruthless aggression baby myself

Mahonay

Banned
This isn't football. And I'm halfway certain the only reason there are separate Marvel/DC threads is because it would turn into a constant pissing match thread if it was one thread. We thankfully are above having pissing match brand wars and respect all promotions here except TNA
lolTNA. Now. Then. Forever.

How about this Monday, during RAW, we all watch something that Data/Bootaaaay/whoever else propose as a sort of introductory alternative?

Nekofrog

Banned
it's kind of telling when a thread like the WWE ratings thread in OT has better discussion than much of the official wrestling thread in OT comm.

i rarely post here because tbh, it's really grating parsing through the gimmick posters to get to actual discussion that trails off after 3 or 4 replies and goes into more owens is fat jokes, talk about stro alts, and even more introverted crap that is propagated by frequent posters of the thread looking to do nothing but get a rise out of others

Zach

it's kind of telling when a thread like the WWE ratings thread in OT has better discussion than much of the official wrestling thread in OT comm.

i rarely post here because tbh, it's really grating parsing through the gimmick posters to get to actual discussion that trails off after 3 or 4 replies and goes into more owens is fat jokes, talk about stro alts, and even more introverted crap that is propagated by frequent posters of the thread looking to do nothing but get a rise out of others

What do you want to talk about, Nekofrog? Let's do this.

bjork

You guys should really stop watching modern RAW altogether.

This is what I've been saying for years now. Read the report, watch a YT clip if it's something that sounds interesting.

That can only change if people introduce more stuff to discuss, though.

Nekofrog

Banned
That can only change if people introduce more stuff to discuss, though.

not really. even the stuff that is put out there is brushed aside after a few posts for more dank community memes. i'm a member of a few community threads and this one by far is the worst at attracting new users because of the problems i listed above.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Owens fat jokes are the most overblown thing in the history of this entire community.

Nevermind that Big Show has gotten WAY more shit, and way more hateful vitriolic shit for his size. Trying to get on your high horse when it's only because it's about your fave is pretty toxic.

not really. even the stuff that is put out there is brushed aside after a few posts for more dank community memes. i'm a member of a few community threads and this one by far is the worst at attracting new users because of the problems i listed above.

sorry you feel that way

perhaps try contributing for awhile before damning the whole community though

you-must-be-the-change-you-wish-to-see-in-the-world-15.jpg

NoRéN

Owens fat jokes are the most overblown thing in the history of this entire community.

Nevermind that Big Show has gotten WAY more shit, and way more hateful vitriolic shit for his size. Trying to get on your high horse when it's only because it's about your fave is pretty toxic.
True.

Did that dude who made the Rosa Mendes anchor baby "joke" get as much shit?
Did anyone care when someone said that Charlotte was ugly and was lucky to have a famous father?

bjork

Oh. I guess we should all give up then. Sorry!

Top Bottom