• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Big Dave got married

CQuh7yUU8AAx-bJ.jpg

C'mon Dave, you have to have the machine gun dance and the pyro for your wedding entrance.

If you're a wrestler, do you use your entrance music for your wedding?

I suppose "I Walk Alone" would not be an appropriate wedding song.

Colby Ryan Rasmus (born August 11, 1986) is an American professional baseball center fielder for the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball (MLB

He has the face of someone you might see performing in a backyard. Too bad he no longer has the Evan Karagias cornrows.

Aiii

So not worth it

As much fun as Kayfabe Commentaries can be when a guy shoots the shit for two hours, it really does suck that they never ever press things guys say (to their face), never ask for more detail, never contest whatever bs they're spewing. Nothing.

So many opportunities here to call out Nash on his shit, one of which being that, yes, he did do the shitty fingerpoke of doom that helped kill WCW right afterwards, but no, that doesn't mean he didn't put himself over in the process.

It also still doesn't change the fact that the one of the first things he did as booker was put himself over. Never give the book to an active wrestler. Never.

Zach

Okay, imagine this. WCW, undefeated. WWF run? Undefeated. Now he's retired, and here comes Apollo Crews straight from NXT to the main roster on the Raw after Mania in 2016. And he wins his first match, and another, and another... And he keeps winning, two years straight, every televised match, every PPV match, every house show match, Crews defeats the entire roster for 18 months and becomes US champion after the first year at Mania 2017, then in 2018 he wins the Rumble and main events Mania against WWE Champion John Cena and becomes champion. Two straight years of victories, 100-something-and-oh, amazing, not seen since the mighty Goldberg, who retired undefeated, vacating the WWE title when he did so, back in 2003.

And here we are, at Mania, everyone is celebrating, streamers, everyone marvels at the guy and the titantron shows whatever Crews streak is and he is the biggest thing ever. He continues for a year. Rumble 2019, Crews successfully defends his title in the semi-main and gets on the mic to cut a promo how nobody can beat him, how he's now matched the record that Goldberg had when he retires and that he won't fight another match until Mania against the Rumble winner, to finally beat Goldberg's infamous streak at The Grandest Stage Of Them All and then, in the middle of the following celebration, they cut his music. The entrance ramp fills with smoke, Crews looks confused, stares at the entrance. And mothafuckin' Goldberg's music hits, he appears, does his usual smoke-exhaling entrance. Enters the ring, monstrous stare-off as we hear the biggest pop since the Attitude Era ended. Goldberg is the #1 entrant of the Rumble! Crews is on commentary during the entire thing and Goldberg survives to the end and wins the Rumble. Crews enters the ring, offers him a handshake, but NO! Spear and Jackhammer! Goldberg raises the WWE Title and points at the Mania sign!

Biggest. Mania. Buyrate. Ever! Clash of the Titans. Crews defeats Goldberg to become the biggest star ever.

That, my friend, is how Goldberg's streak should have ended.

Fuck Kevin Nash.

A for effort alone, my man. And that all sounds pretty cool except isn't Crews like 5-foot-nothin'?

WCW didn't have a future, JACK!

People tend to forget how on fire DDP was in the organization. That match he had with Sting on WCW Nitro kind of solidified him as the top guy. Anyone else suggesting otherwise wasn't watching the product at the time.

The thing about him and Goldberg that were important, were that they were both pure WCW guys. People really took to that around the period.

Mmhmm, mmhmm. I don't agree 100%, but you are wise and I appreciate your thoughts.

Aiii

So not worth it
A for effort alone, my man. And that all sounds pretty cool except isn't Crews like 5-foot-nothin'?

He's 6'1 to Goldberg's 6'4 so it's not too bad. Looks like a powerhouse though and out of all the NXT crew, that's who I would pick for this angle.

bjork

As much fun as Kayfabe Commentaries can be when a guy shoots the shit for two hours, it really does suck that they never ever press things guys say (to their face), never ask for more detail, never contest whatever bs they're spewing. Nothing.

So many opportunities here to call out Nash on his shit, one of which being that, yes, he did do the shitty fingerpoke of doom that helped kill WCW right afterwards, but no, that doesn't mean he didn't put himself over in the process.

It also still doesn't change the fact that the one of the first things he did as booker was put himself over. Never give the book to an active wrestler. Never.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29YVjUthVUE

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why can't a booker put themselves over? Especially if said booker was one of the top 3 most consistently over wrestlers of the last 3 years in the company even before he got the booker job?

There was no one better to beat Goldberg and by the time Nash beat Goldberg, people were already getting bored of GoldbergWinsLol. And he didn't even beat him clean. It's not like Hogan beating Sting and Bret or some shit

Recall

Why can't a booker put themselves over? Especially if said booker was one of the top 3 most consistently over wrestlers of the last 3 years in the company even before he got the booker job?

There was no one better to beat Goldberg and by the time Nash beat Goldberg, people were already getting bored of GoldbergWinsLol. And he didn't even beat him clean. It's not like Hogan beating Sting and Bret or some shit

Hogan/Hall/Nash incredible at giving you awful main events and always been put on top. LolNWOwins

Zach

He's 6'1 to Goldberg's 6'4 so it's not too bad. Looks like a powerhouse though and out of all the NXT crew, that's who I would pick for this angle.

Dude's really 6'1"?? Shocking. Strap the rocket to his back or whatever that wrasslin' phrase is.

You're getting all worked up, Data. Let me put a cool washcloth on your forehead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bjork you see 2k trying to put paige in the 'legends showcase' with duse instead of queen bull? paige?

paige is the fucking worst garbage

I'm shootin'

* I've felt this way for weeks now and eventualyl you all will too but New Day legit sucks. They're corny, lame, and try way too hard. New Day would be ok if they were on once every 2-3 weeks doing this schtick but they're on multiple times per week. It's cringe inducing, sorry it is. You'll all come to the same conclusion eventually but you're marks that think you're smarks so itll take a while longer.

* The wrasslin thread is a pain in the butt to read when half of the posts are about some horrible low budget Boootay fed or NJPWDRAGONGATEALLJAPANPRO junk. I have to scroll by half the page.

If yall weren't so weirdly stubborn and possessive over this thread and didn't tattle to mods over every little thing (this actually happens for any newcomers in the thread) you would make a separate WWE OT instead of combining all these different feds into one. Do we do that with other sports and media things? No. We separate MLS and the European soccer leagues, Marvel and DC OTs, College football and NFL, you name it, so why do i have to wade through all this crap just to read discussion on WWE? It doesn't make any sense. If College football, NFL, CFL, Lingerie FL, and all the others were together in one thread it would be disastrous. So why is all the wrestling into one? Have a WWE thread and then a Bootay thread. Simple as that. Maybe I'll make one myself. Mods inbox would get full tho

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Simon GotchVerified account ‏@GotchStyleWWE Oct 4
Simon Gotch Retweeted Faye Hunter
We're supposed to be finally getting a port of Yakuza 5 soon, a mere two years after it's Japanese release.

Vaudevillians? You just bought your way into my fave five

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm shootin'

* I've felt this way for weeks now and eventualyl you all will too but New Day legit sucks. They're corny, lame, and try way too hard. New Day would be ok if they were on once every 2-3 weeks doing this schtick but they're on multiple times per week. It's cringe inducing, sorry it is. You'll all come to the same conclusion eventually but you're marks that think you're smarks so itll take a while longer.

* The wrasslin thread is a pain in the butt to read when half of the posts are about some horrible low budget Boootay fed or NJPWDRAGONGATEALLJAPANPRO junk. I have to scroll by half the page.

If yall weren't so weirdly stubborn and possessive over this thread and didn't tattle to mods over every little thing (this actually happens for any newcomers in the thread) you would make a separate WWE OT instead of combining all these different feds into one. Do we do that with other sports and media things? No. We separate MLS and the European soccer leagues, Marvel and DC OTs, College football and NFL, you name it, so why do i have to wade through all this crap just to read discussion on WWE? It doesn't make any sense. If College football, NFL, CFL, Lingerie FL, and all the others were together in one thread it would be disastrous. So why is all the wrestling into one? Have a WWE thread and then a Bootay thread. Simple as that. Maybe I'll make one myself. Mods inbox would get full tho

who are you?

Barrage

I'm shootin'

That's certainly an ALTERNATE way of thinking

Sephzilla

I'm shootin'

Stro?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dean Ambalamps hates the word selfie and doesn't interact with people: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wwe-superstar-dean-ambrose-hates-the-word-selfie/1100-6431208/

It's the way of the world today. A lot of people bring it on themselves--I'm not a social media guy, I don't go on social media at all. If you don't know me personally then you don't get to talk to me ever. As far as I'm concerned what you see on the screen, on Monday night RAW, is the only access you get to me. So I live a pretty stress free scenario as far as that's concerned. The internet, it is what it is. As far as letting secrets go, I find it very easy keeping secrets. I just don't tell anyone if I don't trust them. And the circle of people I trust is very, very small. I just keep it real like that and it makes it easier for me.

Recall

I bought the Best of WCW Nitro Vol 3 Blu Ray because I hate myself and wanted to complete the series. Plus I've never watched a Nitro and bits and pieces seem a better way to watch than a whole 2/3 hours at a time.

Zach

I'm shootin'

Did you get everything out of your system?

bjork

bjork you see 2k trying to put paige in the 'legends showcase' with duse instead of queen bull? paige?

paige is the fucking worst garbage

But if Bull was in, I might be like some folks in here who are like "should I buy this? I know it's bad but I should buy it, right?"

To my knowledge, she's only in the Dump game on the Mark III, but she isn't even named, so maybe it isn't her. I'd love some cool-ass AJW game where I could make matchups and hit lots of chicks with sticks and top rope legdrops and shit.

This is Heavy. I changed my name a while ago ughhhh and made it known in this thread too. I don't post much anymore like once a week but i read daily.

And now I respond like you're all serious.

This would've been so confusing back in the late nineties. Eddie was great, but did not have the look in WCW. That's right, I'm saying he shouldn't win because of his look. It just wouldn't have felt like it made sense. D

So if this scenario happened during todays era would the grade change? Bad or Good?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think when we really look at it Punk did a number on all the SHIELD guys,

• Seth is paranoid and thinks he has no friends at the top
  • Dean doesn't interact with people much and can't adjust to modern day technology
  • Roman's booking was completely altered because smarks went on a witch hunt against him as a result of that "safe environment" shoot

Hex

Banned
I'm shootin'

I'm sorry, the quota for gimmick posters in this thread is currently full.
You may enter the queue and if something opens up someone will call you.
Have a nice day.

I think when we really look at it Punk did a number on all the SHIELD guys,

• Seth is paranoid and thinks he has no friends at the top
  • Dean doesn't interact with people much and can't adjust to modern day technology
  • Roman's booking was completely altered because smarks went on a witch hunt against him

All they asked was for him to make Roman look strong and he couldn't even do that.

Top Bottom