• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

bjork

9eI15.jpg

Recall

Did Hogan ever use the Axe Bomber lariat in the west or was it just his go to move in Japan?

Leg drops were serious business.

Sephzilla

I think when we really look at it Punk did a number on all the SHIELD guys,

• Seth is paranoid and thinks he has no friends at the top
  • Dean doesn't interact with people much and can't adjust to modern day technology
  • Roman's booking was completely altered because smarks went on a witch hunt against him as a result of that "safe environment" shoot

Your Roman Reigns revisionist history gimmick kinda sucks, man

Zach

So if this scenario happened during todays era would the grade change? Bad or Good?

I'd say the believability would increase with his WWE run on top, sure. I'm still not feeling him as the guy to do it, though. I dunno why. Partly his size, I guess? He was still awesome, though.

Heel

Don't worry, Heavy. I haven't had to snitch since that time klonere spoiled Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and used Vince McMahon as a vessel to spew racism.

bjork

I'm not back which should make you guys happy. I lost the desire to post at gaf and forums in general. I can muster maybe one crap thread a week these days. Still love to read tho

That's the best way to do it. I took a ban for a few months to get away, it's nice to just be on the other side.

Ithil

I'm shootin'

* I've felt this way for weeks now and eventualyl you all will too but New Day legit sucks. They're corny, lame, and try way too hard. New Day would be ok if they were on once every 2-3 weeks doing this schtick but they're on multiple times per week. It's cringe inducing, sorry it is. You'll all come to the same conclusion eventually but you're marks that think you're smarks so itll take a while longer.

* The wrasslin thread is a pain in the butt to read when half of the posts are about some horrible low budget Boootay fed or NJPWDRAGONGATEALLJAPANPRO junk. I have to scroll by half the page.

If yall weren't so weirdly stubborn and possessive over this thread and didn't tattle to mods over every little thing (this actually happens for any newcomers in the thread) you would make a separate WWE OT instead of combining all these different feds into one. Do we do that with other sports and media things? No. We separate MLS and the European soccer leagues, Marvel and DC OTs, College football and NFL, you name it, so why do i have to wade through all this crap just to read discussion on WWE? It doesn't make any sense. If College football, NFL, CFL, Lingerie FL, and all the others were together in one thread it would be disastrous. So why is all the wrestling into one? Have a WWE thread and then a Bootay thread. Simple as that. Maybe I'll make one myself. Mods inbox would get full tho
I demand a large increase in the amount of talk about NJPW, PWG and every other non-WWE fed in every single WrassleGAF thread from now until the end of time.

Your poor little finger will be worn out spinning that mouse wheel.

Mahonay

Banned
I'd love a WWE only thread.

I'm tired of having to scroll through all this WWE garbage and having the thread be unusable on a monday night from the self-hating crowd, Bronx-man.
Hey man, as someone who really only has time to watch WWE stuff at the moment, I feel you. Shit is so bad right now, the show it's self and us as viewers as well, for choosing to stick through it but being vocal about it sucking. It's like hearing someone complain about not losing weight while still gorging themselves with fast food and soda. WWE is such a shitty option compared to LU or NJPW.

Cagey

Banned
When the product is ass, I fast-forward through this thread at the speed I currently fast-forward through Raw.

I watch Raw in 17 minutes and read this thread in 1 minute 17 seconds.

In both cases I stop for the New Day.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Totally random 90's wrestling thought here:

Everybody trashes face Doink/Dink, but he was getting big crowd reactions on RAW in 1994 and got one of the top three pops during the Royal Rumble that year. He was over huge at the time.

What happened to the character? I don't remember.

bjork

Everybody trashes face Doink/Dink, but he was getting big crowd reactions on RAW in 1994 and got one of the top three pops during the Royal Rumble that year. He was over huge at the time.

Survivor Series 1994 happened and it was dumb as shit.

Mahonay

Banned
Survivor Series 1994 happened and it was dumb as shit.
Yep, soon after he was full time jobber.

It's too bad Matt Borne wasn't able to play Doink for longer than he did. Great wrestler and I could see him morphing it into an increasingly dark character.

jmdajr

221286ba.gif

bjork

Yep, soon after he was full time jobber.

It's too bad Matt Borne wasn't able to play Doink for longer than he did. Great wrestler and I could see him morphing it into an increasingly dark character.

For sure. For all the goofing people do on mid-90s WWF, there were a handful of "what if" characters that could've been super cool.

Top Bottom