• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

MC Safety

So Kana used the flying butt attack at NXT

why isn't everyone complaining about that like when Naomi does it?

This is the best answer you'll get:

ASUKA did it and immediately did Dana Brooke's pose as a way of mocking her and saying your shit is basic as fuck.

Damn did she look fierce.

But beyond that, Asuka hasn't been marketed as a cheerleader with a big butt whose butt is so big it can be used to knock female wrestlers insensate.

It's kind of a throwback when Naomi does it. You know, one of those things that's in poor taste but slips by anyhow, like the notion of the hard-headed, high-flying Samoans.

Vylash

I still dunno why they couldn't have kept the Shield together. There's nothing wrong with teams/tag teams WWE, Christ.
what would they have done after beating evolution? who could they have feuded with? the shield was awesome but it was time

PInk Tape

Banned
It was when the sheets were reporting about Roman being the next Cena after the shield split. It was all downhill from there.

Yeah, I remember this. When that broke this thread and other wrestling based places were reacting very negatively to it, unsurprisingly.

what would they have done after beating evolution? who could they have feuded with? the shield was awesome but it was time

Yep, It was a great call ending the Shield at their highest point instead of letting them linger.

tumblr_mdtgd3hLS91qh9dubo1_250.gif

tumblr_n5y0ng7wAS1t9bvgbo1_400.gif

bjork

- The crowd got to be insufferable during the Iron Man match. They basically burned out before the match even started. I prefer a rowdy crowd myself, but man... It's like a group of people trying so hard to be the new ECW gremlins, but missing the whole reason they were one of the best crowds. The ECW crowd made you want to be at the show because they loved the show. They were part of it, but never tried to take away from it. Opinionated, but always tuned into the in-ring action. They weren't being smarky, they really wanted to buy into the story being told, and weren't afraid of asking for their favorites. It's the reason I love PWG and Chikara's crowds, the people just want to have a good time and enjoy the in-ring action, not start a popularity contest. That really is what bugged me about the crowd tonight. They peaked early and blew off a good chunk of a really solid match.

This is spot-on.

UberTag

We know the Full Sail audience is trash... but how does the WWE go about "fixing" them? I mean, most of the arguments you can make about them you can lob at most of the passionate crowds in wrestling heartbeds like Boston, Chicago and New York. And, of course, the rest of the time we wind up with listless terrible crowds like the ones in Corpus Christi who are filled with nothing but parents of Cena fans.

NoRéN

So, I'm at NXT San Jose. Early match of the night, second match I think. Jason Jordan comes out. Lots of people start leaving to gets drinks/souvenirs. A minute into the match and the crowd is going wild. Jason Jordan is tearing shit up. The dudes behind me run back in and ask my sis, "what happened? What did we miss?"

My sis replies by telling them it's the same match. Jordan continues to do some hoss shit and eventually breaks out some crazy finisher. Crowd loved the match.

Yeah, that's when I knew dude was good.

NXT womens division praising post #87.

I just realised NXT had like... 3 different self contained womens stories going the last few weeks and thats cool.

You had Sasha v Bayley, Asuka v Brooks and Emma and the trials and tribulations of Eva Marie. Where as on RAW you have 10 women randomly appearing and disappearing in a never ending title chase.

Takeover Respect was amazing, haven't watch NXT in a while so I was pleasantly surprised that Corbin & Dana have improved a lot.

Damn that was 2 great hours of wrestling. Ultra awesome heel move by Sasha on that Bayley fan, that was the point I knew Bayley would retain. So good.

Can we just talk about wrestling in here? This drama is dumb.
Its nice to find those rare post that actually discuss what's going on.

I never seen an Asuka(Kana) match before last night but she was amazing. She moved so damn fast. Dana also did a great job, that was easily her best match.

Am I alone in feeling that was one of Tyler Breezus best matches in his NXT run? Really enjoyed what he and Apollo did throughout and was surprised how much offense he was given.

klonere

Banned
Yet another NXT post:

Good:
None of the matches themselves were downers, everything was solid to amazing.
JJ & Gable are going to be the biggest babyfaces next time we see them on TV
Corbin's end of days on Gable was incredible
Asuka walked in as a complete package
Finn upped his intensity in the Mechanics match
The Mechanics looked great
Breezus still great
In a year Dana will be a top heel
Main event while not quite as good as Brooklyn (impossible) was still emotionally satisfying and finished very strong

Bad:
Questionable booking in the tag team tourny. Nobody from the winning team needed the accolade.
Breezus is now CJ Parker status.
I hope Crews gets some character soon, I don't have a real reason to cheer for him. He can't get by on the hometown boy cheer like Finn for me!
Sasha please stop taking bumps on your head
The crowd in the main event was grating. They had been relatively fine up until then and even a very positive part of the Gable/JJ match, sadly they just couldn't shut themselves up.

Overall a fantastic show with tons of potential storylines coming out of it, new stars and great matches. Everyone should watch the Gable/JJ vs Corbin/Rhyno match. The main event was so charged that Byron started making some incredible calls ("This match is predicated on emotion Graves!")

I just don't know what they're gonna do with Tyler Breeze. I don't think he'd do much on the main roster but I'm not sure how much longer I want to see him in NXT.

Not saying I don't want him around period, but I dare say that it may be time to mix up the gimmick a bit.

Commentary was good but the only thing that really struck me as stupid and grating was the one guy going "THAT JUST SHOWS HOW SASHA HAS NO CLASS. THIS SICKENED ME" when it showed her throwing bayley into the sign after the match and the next thing they cut to was Sasha collapsing to her knees in tears after getting the flowers. A tiny nitpick, to be sure

imBask

Banned
Am I alone in feeling that was one of Tyler Breezus best matches in his NXT run? Really enjoyed what he and Apollo did throughout and was surprised how much offense he was given.

It was a really good match, they're both good but as I said I just don't care about them... you could say they don't connect with the crowd

klonere

Banned
I really really hated that end to the Iron Man match. Are you supposed to lead me to believe that Sasha would mot hold out for 3 more fucking seconds? It was insulting and rendered what was otherwise a decent match useless. The look on the crowd's faces. Even they didn't buy it

The crowd during that match though. Anyone just tuning in would think they were watchinn a free house show

Best march by far was Asuka and Dana. Have no idea how they can sell any woman but Dana to be competitive enough to beat Asuka. The idea of Bayleh in the ring with her makes me laugh

I think Graves mentioned it would go to overtime if they were tied. Still wouldn't have hurt to make that more explicit before the match.

As for an Asuka competitor:
tumblr_noq70rGv5F1so31gmo1_500.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!! THIS IS WRESTLING!!

God damn that was annoying. I kinda missed most of the match because I was on the phone and watching hockey :lol The ending looked a bit silly though.

---

Not sure if Joe / Balor 'needed' to win the Dusty Memorial Tag Tourney, but I'd rather it go to someone like them who kind of have an established name. I missed the JJ/Gable vs. Corbin/Rhyno match but it sounded good.

Crews vs. Breeze was good.

I missed Asuka vs. Dana :(

Sephzilla

Aii, Becky Lynch is legit better at wrestling than Bayley is. She just doesn't have a solid character like Bayley.

Can we just talk about wrestling in here? This drama is dumb.
I don't remember who said it but they were right. More actual wrestling discussion happens in OT threads than here lately due to gimmick posters frequently showing up here and trolling around

JavyOO7

I should start taking advantage of my NJPW World sub. I've only now gotten into February when you go into the 'series' link. This January 30 show that I finished watching a while back came into my mind just now because one of the Young Bucks were in the outside ranting to a fan: "Yeah, suck it! Like DX!" I found that really funny.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aii, Becky Lynch is legit better at wrestling than Bayley is. She just doesn't have a solid character like Bayley.

I agree that Becky is decent at doing moves.

But wrestling, at least to me, is not just a person doing moves. If that was what I was interested in, I sincerely wouldn't be watching wrestling at all, but watch a real fighting sport instead.

Wrestling, to me, is the combination of every aspect of it. This is the reason I have yet to come around to Becky and I'm fearing that I never will.

So yeah, it's great that she and Sasha has a good match, but since I give zero shits about Becky Lynch the character, and in fact, actively dislike her orange hair, her steampunk bs and her Edge copy-paste entrance, I do not care about her match.

Now, she may be a better "wrestler" than Bayley, but Bayley can legit make me tear up when she wins a title match, and that makes her an infinitely better performer than Becky Lynch.

Becky needs a direction, she's only just gotten this character a few months ago.

She tells cute juhokes on wwe.com currently and appears in tag matches. that's about it for her, she's lost in the shuffle. Which a lot of the performers are.

Like many on the roster, she's a good storyline away from being something.

imBask

Banned
I was hoping for a Balor turn last night, I really hope they do pull the trigger on that... Leather Jacket Heel Balor could be the greatest thing ever

Ithil

¡HarlequinPanic!;181058470 said:
yeah I didn't get why they had him insist on tagging in in the first match and then nothing came of it.

Maybe the payoff is still yet to come? :)

It's almost certain someone is going to target the leg on TV. Probably Joe.

JavyOO7

Becky left too soon. She did not have much of a character though she was forming one to the lead up in Sasha/Becky in Takeover. Had nice rants about her background and than had the nice rant off with Sasha at the contract signing. The 'divas revolution' was a swing and a miss due to plugging a circular hole with a square peg. Too much focus on too many characters instead of just one. She have just brought up Charlotte only, have her back up Paige due to that story line of Paige getting bullied, have Charlotte slowly beat up her competition... maybe even have squash matches on RAW, eventually she beats Nikki and then the next few months there's a "respect" angle with Paige and Charlotte. They have their rants together and eventually it leads to a good little match on a PPV where Charlotte is ultimately victorious. During that time Becky is perfecting her character in NXT and finding who she is, because as a wrestler and how crisp she is doing moves in the ring, she's great. Her character not so much. So now she may get lost in the shuffle in the main roster since there's no patience and everything has to be scripted. Poor girl has to probably promote her crappy 'LASS KICKER' t-shirt, maybe call her challenger something corny like 'Come here so you can get a LASS KICKING, eh?', never stare at the camera because we are supposedly filming movies here, throw off a 'WWE brand' statement here or there... and hardly get over with the fans. Becky is gonna have an uphill struggle but hopefully she makes it through like Paige did.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's not forget that as soon as the words "i'm dumb as fuck" left Punk's words re: Ryback, people would jump at the chance to say it.

I dunno about that

Man he has gone from Dumb as Fuck to dude is alright in my book.

Guy has worked hard to get where he is.

3JcnLRb.gif

Dumb as Fuck

They should name it after Ryback and all of us who continue to watch this, "I'm dumb as fuck"

Dumb as fuck vs old as fuck

Well, shit.

Wrestling is fun, no need to get super serious about it. I honestly found a lot of people caught feelings because not everyone likes their faves. Let it be YOUR fave. Enjoy it. Shit, I liked IRS. Still do. Don't give a fuuuuck.

Top Bottom