• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Phenomenal;

QADPcPK.gif

Jack Osbourne wrestles now?

Downhome

I'm just now watching the NXT Takeover show and I haven't seen any spoilers. I just wanted to say, after having just seen the match right now, that I very well may have a new favorite worker/personality in the WWE.

Asuka

I haven't as thoroughly enjoyed a performance as I did her here in my first time ever seeing her, in many years. I also do think she is very attractive, but my saying this has NOTHING at all to even do with that. They would do so much with this girl, and I pray they don't screw it up. She may have more of a personality than anyone in WWE right now period, including the guys. She is flat out amazing.

Jamie OD

Currently on holiday in America and I went into a cinema today to see what was on. I was completely surprised to see it was showing the Jake Roberts documentary that DDP's crew were trying to make. It's an alright movie that spans from DDP helping him up to the Hall of Fame induction. All of the stories we heard about Jake during his rehab with DDP is shown in some form throughout. There is also some old WWF footage with talking head comments from Austin, Edge, DiBiasie and JR at the start as well as his Raw appearance with The Shield. The first ten minutes feels just like a WWE produced documentary. The story gets repetitive (Jake does good then fucks up, does good then fucks up again, does good then fucks up once more, etc) and is a bit too long because of it. Scott Hall also appears and his story takes over the movie for about ten minutes. Also one of my buddies back home appears in a montage of fan comments from Wrestlecon at the end which I did not expect. Good movie to watch just so you can see how much of Jake's life has gone back on track.

kirblar

The new number 1 contender for the NXT title:

Apollo Crews. Surprising and will the match happen before the next special in December? Plus this screams Balor heel turn.
Heel turn has been blatantly obvious for a week or two.

I suspect that HHH is using NXT as a way to relax the "MUST CHANGE NAME" policy.

somedevil

Didnt care much for
Storm
but what about guys like Roode and Austin Aries?

Damn, just make an X Division in NXT too.

Roode still with TNA and does some work for Jarrett's promotion. Aries works a bit for ROH.

I think they also brought in Storm to work at NXT and do some work at the training facility. He can be used for the promo classes they do.

Roode still with TNA and does some work for Jarrett's promotion. Aries works a bit for ROH.

I think they also brought in Storm to work at NXT and do some work at the training facility. He can be used for the promo classes they do.

Alvarez or Meltzer did say "player/coach."

Probably too soon for the rumored new wrestlers like Swann or Athena.

Athena is way more ready than Evie or Shazza. She's in great shape right now too. But then again, I can't see them bringing Athena in to do jobs, so the timing has to be right.

If they were smart, they'd book Athena as Athena Crews--Apollo Crews' cousin, or something.

So what's the deal with James Storm? Someone to be excited about, or past his prime at this point?

At the very least, he's automatically the best promo in NXT, and one of a handful of top promos in the WWE, right now.

How many of that heralded signing class of 11 have appeared at this point? Crews, Billie Kay, and Peyton Royce, right?

What I'm really asking is, when is that huge Serbian fella Radomir Petkovic ready?

Top Bottom