• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I wouldn't blame them for that press conference, it apparently never dawned on NJPW that Striker & Kelly would need an interpreter. For the most part their comments about the wrestlers motivations and the storylines were spot on, it just seemed farcical that they had no way of knowing what the Japanese wrestlers were saying.

I mean, shit, JR screwed up some names too, are we going to give him shit?

They likely don't speak the language, and the pronunciation of names can totally throw people off

DMczaf

Ready for another part timer run?

The promotions department has been told that Dwayne Johnson and the company are having serious talks about doing something before the end of the year. That’s why the WWE switched Johnson’s listing from alumni to current roster last week.

Kornflayx

AlarmingFloweryBelugawhale.gif

Heard Bryan & Vinny talk about this, and it's so much better than I imagined, LOL

DMczaf

I don't know if this was posted, but the following was from Meltzer's previous podcast:

- Someone pretty huge is about to be a free agent soon, and WWE is interested. Meltzer wouldn't say who it was because the person in question doesn't want it out there.

- WWE is trying pretty hard to get Carlito back, but Carlito will only come back if the money is right since he's pretty happy in Puerto Rico and he hated working in WWE.

- WWE did a survey recently and found out that there is a "surprisingly huge amount of people" who don't know what WWE Network is.

- Vince believes he has a really great idea for next year's WM, which is why Taker/Brock was moved to Hell in a Cell.

I don't know if this was posted, but the following was from Meltzer's previous podcast:

- Someone pretty huge is about to be a free agent soon, and WWE is interested. Meltzer wouldn't say who it was because the person in question doesn't want it out there.

- WWE is trying pretty hard to get Carlito back, but Carlito will only come back if the money is right since he's pretty happy in Puerto Rico and he hated working in WWE.

What free agent loves privacy a ton? Probably that fucker AJ

Carlito REALLY hated working there at the end of it, you could tell. I cold see him coming back though, especially if they gave him a big push.

DMczaf

Meltzer has also stated in the past that the door has been open for Del Rio to return any time he wanted, but Del Rio is the one who has a gripe with them (for good reason too, fuck them!)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe if WWE wants the Latino market they shouldn't have the Executive Vice Pesident calling someone Bumblebee because he's fat and Mexican like the Simpsons character

They do remember they have Carlito's brother, right? They do remember how Carlito was after the first month right? That he's a one dimensional, out of shape, shitty promo and sloppy wrestler right? I mean even Primo's a better wrestler than Carlito

DMczaf

Maybe if WWE wants the Latino market they shouldn't have the Executive Vice Pesident calling someone Bumblebee because he's fat and Mexican like the Simpsons character

They do remember they have Carlito's brother, right? They do remember how Carlito was after the first month right? That he's a one dimensional, out of shape, shitty promo and sloppy wrestler right? I mean even Primo's a better wrestler than Carlito

Eh, he may be sloppy and lazy, but he was not a shitty promo. He always held his own on the mic with anyone, which is why they are chasing him.

DMczaf

That video just made me realize, Sheamus has been in the WWE for a long ass time and has done absolutely nothing with it.

Fuck Sheamus.

Jamie OD

Is there anything to do at axess besides wait in long lines to meet wrestlers who don't want to be there

I think it depends on where it's held. I was at the ones in New Jersey and New Orleans. The Jersey one had a lot of props and archive stuff on show as well as interactive stuff (game demos, play areas for kids, an area for fans to do ring entrances and promos, etc). The Orleans one was mostly autographs but it also had a gigantic merch shop with a variety of products I didn't even know WWE were selling. Both also had a ring set up for NXT matches but I don't know if the brand has become too big for that next year. I much preferred the Jersey event because there was more to see and do than meeting wrestlers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if the reason Konnan hasn't posted any angry tweets about Myzgate is because maybe he's just happy to not have to deal with that headache anymore and the loss is worth it
TRdNzgl.gif

I did like him ripping off Mysterio's mask and using it to shine Brian Cage's boots though
R47tHgF.gif

Zach

I wonder what Owen Hart would be doing today. And I wonder how different Bret Hart would be.

Random wrestling thought while working.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why do you hate the troops, Data

Are you one o them turncoat Decepticons

Decepticons superior
High Moon's games were better and offered more variety between characters and a way better story
Grimlock is the Transformers equivalent of an indie kid who uses finishers for all his moves
All the environments look the same. $50 is not a 'budget game' and doesn't justify that.
Every character basically feels the same except for Grimlock

Decepticons superior
High Moon's games were better and offered more variety between characters and a way better story
Grimlock is the Transformers equivalent of an indie kid who uses finishers for all his moves
All the environments look the same. $50 is not a 'budget game' and doesn't justify that.
Every character basically feels the same except for Grimlock

Sideswipe is sick as hell, but yeah I wanna play at Decepticons
I didn't like High Moon's games
Grimlock is stupid and I didn't play as him much, but that shit is funny
I Redboxed it so meh

Top Bottom