• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rewatching some of the 2002 Smackdowns on the Network that they uploaded and it's really easy to look at the Billy and Chuck angle and go 'oh boy WWE is really going to fuck this up,' but compared to some of the other shit WWE has aired prior to this(see Lawler and Goldust), it's pretty tame. Not only that, but I'd say it's the best aspects of Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo's careers. They work really well together, they're funny(though sometimes the 'dur hur gay' shit shows up), they can do really heelish shit(I'll never forget Palumbo powerbombing Trish and acting grossed out by the fact that he ahd to touch her) and Rico worked really well as a manager. And they made surprisingly great babyfaces against 3MW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been watching May/June 1997 WWF and a lot of little things start here that have a big impact. They do the Goldust interview to go along with Ellen outing her character/herself which leads to the famous Mick Foley sitdown interview. Austin and HBK become the first time the WWF has ever done the Tag Champions are upper card guys who HATE each other angle. King had his infamous promo on Goldust which Data West just referenced, Sunny days promo happens, Mr. Monday Night RVD fights Jeff Hardy in what would probably be a TNA main event a decade later. They finally turn the NOD into a racial angle, which is surprising in only that they took so long to do it!

This also might be my new favorite LOD run ever. They look in fantastic shape and have some rather enjoyable matches.

tm24

So rush didn't make a booking and Sombra was at the airport? The most exciting NJPW booking is typical lucha shenanigans. Goddamn gedo sucks

Edit: results say rush was replaced but photos show he was there. Sombra it is than!

Sittin' on the floor, not wearin' shoes, gonna watch some wrasslin.

bhiYu3d.jpg

kirblar

Well, they've randomly paired her up with the most boring divas and all she has done so far is wrestle Paige for like 20 times, so I'm afraid that ship has sailed my friend...
One of the basic things they're missing - pair the girls with the boys, not other girls. They help each other get over. (See: Bliss, Alexa)

Recall

4aJUN10.jpg

Not like this, fam.

One of the many photos that make it super clear that Stephanie is just a much a pain in the sides as Vince and Dunn appear to be.

"Har Har you are so good, just you wait we will make sure you really hate your job and career choice. Just you wait, Har Har"

Daizee Haze was in the match as well. And Tomoka Nakagawa, in spite of her retirement earlier this year. The match also ended with Daizee vs Lacey, a decade after their original matches.

Vylash

Daizee Haze was in the match as well. And Tomoka Nakagawa, in spite of her retirement earlier this year. The match also ended with Daizee vs Lacey, a decade after their original matches.
man that's great to hear, always loved daizee and got really sad when she retired

Rewatching some of the 2002 Smackdowns on the Network that they uploaded and it's really easy to look at the Billy and Chuck angle and go 'oh boy WWE is really going to fuck this up,' but compared to some of the other shit WWE has aired prior to this(see Lawler and Goldust), it's pretty tame. Not only that, but I'd say it's the best aspects of Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo's careers. They work really well together, they're funny(though sometimes the 'dur hur gay' shit shows up), they can do really heelish shit(I'll never forget Palumbo powerbombing Trish and acting grossed out by the fact that he ahd to touch her) and Rico worked really well as a manager. And they made surprisingly great babyfaces against 3MW.

I've been watching May/June 1997 WWF and a lot of little things start here that have a big impact. They do the Goldust interview to go along with Ellen outing her character/herself which leads to the famous Mick Foley sitdown interview. Austin and HBK become the first time the WWF has ever done the Tag Champions are upper card guys who HATE each other angle. King had his infamous promo on Goldust which Data West just referenced, Sunny days promo happens, Mr. Monday Night RVD fights Jeff Hardy in what would probably be a TNA main event a decade later. They finally turn the NOD into a racial angle, which is surprising in only that they took so long to do it!

This also might be my new favorite LOD run ever. They look in fantastic shape and have some rather enjoyable matches.
Good times

People give Ziggler for his shitty selling, but I'm surprised no one has turned on Omega for how exaggerated everything about him is. Is it because Omega takes it far enough that you know he's being playful, especially given the shenanigans he got up to in DDT?

LOLTANAWINS.

XxPsl6R.jpg

Oh, buddy.

I loved that Lacey's Angels used "Date with the Night" as their theme, and the Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew was such a good name. This is very surprising since I thought she was raising a kid.
She was off in China doing a PhD last I heard.
This is optimistic. We will see Half Life 3, Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0+1.0, the next collected volume of Berserk, the next Game of Thrones book, and Star Citizen finished before SHIMMER's DVDs get caught up.
Hey now! They finally released Nicole Matthew's title win almost a year to the day after.
And she just lost it this weekend's tapings

Sephzilla

so for whatever reason i decided to go to work today.

yeah, there's no way i'm going to be able to actually get anything done today.

fuck

Aiii

So not worth it
Omega is a comedy wrestler that plays a comedic villain for a japanese crowd.

Ziggler is trying to be a modern-age HBK in the US, without the talent of prime HBK.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Guys, what if Taylor Swift is part of the nWo and didn't tell anyone? Would her crew be #nwo4life? Would it be Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Taylor?

Mengetsu

so for whatever reason i decided to go to work today.

yeah, there's no way i'm going to be able to actually get anything done today.

fuck

I saw your post from earlier and I may not post here that much but I do read the thread everyday and know you like a regular around here are and a very cool person. I'm sorry for what has transpired and I could only repeat what many others here have as they are right. I can only hope the best for you and I know how tough it is and not want to do anything after news like that but, you going into work was most likely the best thing right now as stressful as it is for you especially now. Keep active and try to stay in high spirits as hard as it is.

There's always a reason for things like this to happen in life just consider it a test and no matter the outcome try to stay strong and look at the positives from the negatives.

robo1.jpg

Don't ask about the picture just wanted to put something Robocop for you.

Top Bottom