• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Loser joke champions" don't get the title for over half a year. Has he been so awful at handling his push and his promos that you think that's the gimmick he's supposed to be? I can't help that.

Ric Flair has held belts for year long reigns under similar circumstances. Loses or gets DQ'd in non title/title matches but wins the big match before leaving the territory. They've just gone super old school with this.

Cagey

Banned
Bischoff and his Top Ten Controversial moments.

He dressed up as Vince on Halloween and seduced Steph, with a plunging neckline and her massive implants on display...while Vince wrote the scene and was on set directing?

Vince aired and directed a PG cuckolding of his own daughter?

What in the fuck? This day off is nothing but trash now.

Ithil

"Loser joke champions" don't get the title for over half a year. Has he been so awful at handling his push and his promos that you think that's the gimmick he's supposed to be? I can't help that.

He's 1-15 for the last two months and it's apparently his fault?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

He dressed up as Vince on Halloween and seduced Steph, with a plunging neckline and her massive implants on display...while Vince wrote the scene and was on set directing?

Vince is a weird dude. Believe That.

Rollins hasn't helped himself, but the reason people don't care about him is he's been booked as a chickenshit pussy paper champion, which is not his fault, really.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's 1-15 for the last two months and it's apparently his fault?

Edge lost all the time. Edge ran from his opponents all the time and usually just scraped by with the title through shenanigans. Yet people still remember Edge fondly because of the way he played to his strengths. It's the WWE. Wins and losses don't mean shit. They even push that as their company mantra. ESPECIALLY for a heel. He's already had way more opportunities than any other non-Edge MITB winner ever had.

Ithil

Edge lost all the time. Edge ran from his opponents all the time and usually just scraped by with the title through shenanigans. Yet people still remember Edge fondly because of the way he played to his strengths. It's the WWE. Wins and losses don't mean shit. They even push that as their company mantra. ESPECIALLY for a heel. He's already had way more opportunities than any other non-Edge MITB winner ever had.

Wins and losses do matter, as much as WWE tries to push that they don't. Not every single one, but the trend matters.
You think if Cena had even steven 50-50 wins and losses for the last 10 years, he would be in the same position?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You know Vince actually wanted to have an incest line with Stephanie, right?

well i made it halfway through my work day before breaking down and needing to leave

#moralvictories

One step at a time I suppose. I dread having to deal with something like what you are.

Keep strong, I don't think I'd have made it in. You'll get through t'other side.

Sephzilla

was there any indication on why she suddenly dipped? anything at all?

<3 to you and hoping for the best

she needs some time away to think about things apparently. there's some stuff that's been bothering her a lot. i honestly think
(by that I mean hope)
this can be fixed with some communication and a long sit down. but right now im just going to give her space, even though i absolutely hate feeling this helpless

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
she needs some time away to think about things apparently. there's some stuff that's been bothering her a lot. i honestly think
(by that I mean hope)
this can be fixed with some communication and a long sit down. but right now im just going to give her space, even though i absolutely hate feeling this helpless

Whatever you do, don't go to Relationship-GAF - those people are FUCKED UP.

Wrestlers, especially main event ones, are WAY into Harley Davidsons I've noticed. Must be a Hogan thing that he got other guys into and it kind of spread.

Both Ambrose and Corbin have motorcycle revving sounds in their entrance themes. Coincidence or C O N SPIRACY?

JavyOO7

Oh god. If Dolph Ziggler beats Lord Sina for the belt I'm going to freaking puke. If that ends up being the case, just leave it on Sina. If you can't leave it on Sina, just give it to Rusev instead. He'll at least take the ball and run with it, which is something that Dolph Ziggler cannot do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god. If Dolph Ziggler beats Lord Sina for the belt I'm going to freaking puke. If that ends up being the case, just leave it on Sina. If you can't leave it on Sina, just give it to Rusev instead. He'll at least take the ball and run with it, which is something that Dolph Ziggler cannot do.

lol no worries. Ziggler ain't shit and never will be. Rest easy.

JavyOO7

I looked at the results to that show and it doesn't look bad. I can't wait to actually watch it but first I have to go from February to present in NJPW World...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fire Rusev, clap clap clap clap clap.

Well that's a shame. I was gonna check it out. Styles/Okada worth checking out?

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Probably depends on whether you have an extreme aversion to Okada or not. Naito/Tanahashi was pretty good as well, a very un-Tanahashi like match with Naito controlling for the majority. The finish is screwy, but it's all storyline stuff, so it gets a pass.

Sydal/Omega did well to bring the crowd back after a shitty jr. tag match, the finishing stretch in particular was great. Worth a watch. Honma vs YOSHI as well, plus Ishii dragging a good match out of Makabe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kamaitachi was probably supposed to be the third man and he figured even CMLL's whacky booking would book him better than NJPW so he obliged to stay in Mexico and hang out with Syuri

Nah, Kamaitachi was/is slated to return for the FantasticaMania tour, although he may appear at New Year's Dash or be introduced at WK10 itself. So I guess you're not looking forward to a potential Naito/Watanabe vs Shibata/Goto feud, then?

¡HarlequinPanic!;181398002 said:
pretty sure ambrose's entrance is just a guitar riff fellas.

A guitar riff meant to emulate the sound of a motorcycle revving because Ambrose is a rebel without a cause on the Lunatic Fringe. He likes to drink beer with his buddy, Roman. Edgy!

Nah, Kamaitachi was/is slated to return for the FantasticaMania tour, although he may appear at New Year's Dash or be introduced at WK10 itself. So I guess you're not looking forward to a potential Naito/Watanabe vs Shibata/Goto feud, then?

Sub out watanabe for rush or La sombra

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Neither team having the titles says to me that NJPW somehow still thinks the Bullet Club is more important than that feud would be and that's how much emphasis they'll put on the match. And Naito/Shibata are the highlight of that feud anyways as I've never been a huge Goto fan and Watanabe just looks like the 'evil goatee' version of Goto, so I don't think the tag element will add much to it.

At least with Kamaitachi it would make sense that Naito would get his old tag partner's brother and dominate with it. But again. Doc Gallows is still a tag team champion in 2015. And Kamaitachi being at FantasticaMania doesn't mean that much unless he said he's sticking around for after. Otherwise he could just be showing up in a NJPW arena in the same sense that Volador did or anyone else that would leave right after.

It's amazing how hot Los Ingobernables is in Mexico right now and how hot they could be in Japan and Gedo still has outdated, 2013 who gives a fuck stable as the champions.

Top Bottom