• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
fjkOPw4.jpg

Neither team having the titles says to me that NJPW somehow still thinks the Bullet Club is more important than that feud would be and that's how much emphasis they'll put on the match. And Naito/Shibata are the highlight of that feud anyways as I've never been a huge Goto fan and Watanabe just looks like the 'evil goatee' version of Goto, so I don't think the tag element will add much to it.

It's all about the tag league though - the only way to get the belts of Doc & Karl before WK10 is if they put them up in the tournament, which they won't. So you know it'll be Bullet Club vs the winners of the tag league at WK10 - my money's on either Naito/Watanabe or Goto/Shibata winning the tag league, winning the belts at WK10 and then being challenged by the other team.

And Kamaitachi being at FantasticaMania doesn't mean that much unless he said he's sticking around for after. Otherwise he could just be showing up in a NJPW arena in the same sense that Volador did or anyone else that would leave right after.

Unless he outright quits NJPW, he doesn't have much say in it. It's up to the office to arrange the training excursions and how long they last for, they don't just cut the young lions loose and hope they come back one day.

Sub out watanabe for rush or La sombra

I just find it amusing that there have been lots of complaints about gaijins taking up spots, but when a young lion returns to the promotion and is given a prominent spot suddenly it's all "but we want the cool gaijins!", haha.

Biggest problem with the factions in New Japan is that they do jack shit besides 8 man tags on house shows . Why not take a page out of dragon gates book have faction feuds and member swapping.or even just factions breaking up. Would add some spice that new Japan needs right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Biggest problem with the factions in New Japan is that they do jack shit besides 8 man tags on house shows . Why not take a page out of dragon gates book have faction feuds and member swapping.or even just factions breaking up. Would add some spice that new Japan needs right now.

Gang warfare.

Why not take a page out of dragon gates book have faction feuds and member swapping.or even just factions breaking up. Would add some spice that new Japan needs right now.

Because that's Dragon Gate's deal and faction warfare has never really been a big part of New Japan - they've had invading factions who arrive, attack and are defeated, but Bullet Club became permanent when they started selling so much merch. They're popular in a sense, but not good enough as a whole to run a proper invasion angle like the UWFi invasion, Tenryu's Revolution invasion, etc.

Because that's Dragon Gate's deal and faction warfare has never really been a big part of New Japan - they've had invading factions who arrive, attack and are defeated, but Bullet Club became permanent when they started selling so much merch. They're popular in a sense, but not good enough as a whole to run a proper invasion angle like the UWFi invasion, Tenryu's Revolution invasion, etc.

Yea but imagine Yano having to joking the gullet club because chaos lost a match. Or nakamura being forced in the Suzuki-gun. Or all the old timers forming the millionaires club

somedevil

More on James Storm and NXT:

It turns out that Gunn was the one who got Storm into talks with WWE officials. Gunn and Storm are said to be really good friends outside of the business and Gunn reportedly arranged for the two sides to begin discussions.

Regarding a recent report that said TNA learned of Storm attending Takeover and started throwing more money at him, that may not be entirely correct. TNA did contact Storm when they heard he was at NXT as they wanted to book him for their upcoming tour of India but they likely did not offer him more money than what they offered him last week.

Cute Kip helped him get his job. Plus James Storm has a tough choice, NXT or going to India and losing to Shera during the tour.

Oh god. If Dolph Ziggler beats Lord Sina for the belt I'm going to freaking puke. If that ends up being the case, just leave it on Sina. If you can't leave it on Sina, just give it to Rusev instead. He'll at least take the ball and run with it, which is something that Dolph Ziggler cannot do.

Ziggler will be a paper champion.

When Cena gets back he will go after Ziggler for a feud to tie into Total Divas.

At the AAA show on 8/7 at Juan de la Barrera Gym, Blue Demon appeared along with Blue Demon Jr. and his ten-year-old grandson and gave him his mask saying that when he grows up he'll be Blue Demon III. At that point heel ref Tirantes and Abismo Negro hit the ring and Negro clocked Demon Jr. with a chair and picked up Demon Jr., who must be around 70 for a piledriver but the ten-year old grabbed Abismo and saved granpa. While this was going on, Ouicha Dominguez, the actor/soap opera star who is the latest celebrity to get involved with AAA, hit the ring to try and save Demon Sr., but Tirantes hit him with a chair.

Love stuff like this

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tell me something, those of you thinking Ziggler is someone

Does winning the WWE Championship do anything for Ziggler? The answer is no

Does Ziggler winning do anything for the WWE Championship? The answer is no

Why would this happen?

bjork

Tell me something, those of you thinking Ziggler is someone

Does winning the WWE Championship do anything for Ziggler? The answer is no

Does Ziggler winning do anything for the WWE Championship? The answer is no

Why would this happen?

The title is less than a prop at this point, so does it matter who has it? So why not?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
art donovan would ask how much this guy weights when kevin owens comes out and his fans would already be loading up petition.org

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Todd Pettengill is really great and perfect for the New Generation Era. I feel like he doesn't get enough credit. He's a great Mean Gene replacement for the vibrant, young 90s era of WWF even if that era has loads of problems, Todd ain't one of them.

Since my KOPW topic is dying a slow painful death I'm just going to copypasta my thoughts in this thread...

- Kelly and Striker did a great job on commentary. They missed a few things but did a great job overall with the product and didn't feel like an afterthought like JR and Striker did at WK9. I am wondering about Striker's random heel turn, however, he was drooling over Swagsuke at WK9 but now he's a Bullet Club guy? Odd. Also appreciate him calling him Swagsuke.

- Opening 10 man went as expected. C Juice Robinson Parker is obviously completely outclassed out there even by the other Young Lions. Loving Jay White. Dude is going to be a fucking star.

- Honma vs. Y-H was fun, and it's always great to see Honma win, but it was really just advancement for later.

- I'd rather not talk about that 8-man, just that I'd like to see Captain New Japan thrown off of a cliff.

- Jr. Tag Match was meh, I can't stand Romero's offense. reDRagon was awesome and Beretta is always great. The obviously botched finish hurt it badly also, but it could work if it leads into the obvious four-way at WK10 between reDRagon/RPG Vice/Young Bucks/Whatever new team wins the Jr. Tag Tourney this month and goes on to win the titles. Maybe a Sydal/Ricochet team but that's unlikely due to LU season 2 filming November through January. Maybe Sydal/Shelley to give him something to do.

- Jr. title match was a hell of a lot of fun. Sydal and Omega work so well together. I felt like the match was a bit rushed but still good stuff. Kind of hoping now for a Sydal/Omega/KUSHIDA 3-way at WK10.

- Nak/Yano/Saku vs. Anderson/Gallows/Fale was just angle advancement as it leads to Nak/Anderson next month. Also a nice continuation of the mini-feud between Yano and Fale. I could see a Yano/Saku/Yano's traditional mystery partner vs. Fale/Yujiro/Tonga six-man being set up for WK10 as well, if Yujiro is back by then, maybe even drag Jarrett out of mothballs to replace Tonga though I don't believe GFW is affiliated with NJPW anymore.

- Ishii vs. Makabe was easily their best match of their series, great to see Ishii finally pick up the big win. Honma vs. Ishii at WK10 is going to be awesome if their previous matches are any indication.

- Watanabe joining up with Naito is actually a cool move, and definitely makes me a hell of a lot more interested in him than I've ever been, although gotta love Tanahashi's Cena-esque no-selling after getting a beatdown from both and STILL winning. The help from Goto and Shibata leads me to believe they will likely face off in the Tag League finals and I could see Los Ingobernables winning the titles from Anderson and Gallows at WK10. I can also see more members joining the group, not just Sombra and Rush, making this a true heel faction to replace Suzuki-gun. Match was fine, but I LMAOed over Striker calling the Gloria his new finisher when he's been using it for years, the Destino (a standing Shiranui/Asai DDT/Standing Seafire Driver) is his actual new move.

- AJ vs. Okada was amazing as always but definitely felt like a step back from their classic at DOMINION. Also Kelly and Striker missed it but Go Shiozaki presented the belt to Okada.

So my WK10 card prediction at the moment:

JR Tag title four way: reDRagon vs. RPG Vice vs. Young Bucks vs. ?
JR Title: Kenny Omega vs. KUSHIDA
Six man: Yano/Saku/X vs. Fale/Some other BC members
HVY tag titles: Anderson/Gallows vs. Naito/Watanabe
NEVER title: Honma vs. Ishii
IC title: Nakamura vs. Styles
IWGP title: Okada vs. Tanahashi

And hopefully a match involving Goto, Shibata, and Ibushi
despite the fact that NJPW OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T GIVE TWO CRAPS ABOUT THEM BECAUSE WHY ELSE WOULD THEY PUT THEM IN A TAG MATCH AGAINST THE OLD FARTS WITH THEIR PARTNER BEING CAPTAIN FUCKING NEW JAPAN GODDAMMIT I HATE YOU NJPW SOMETIMES

PROGRESS is looking tasty this weekend friends.
XNEsXgXl.jpg

(Ospreay vs Robinson is for the PROGRESS championship, I just couldn't find the graphic for this event).

Going to try get out of my work funk, got PROGRESS Sunday, comedy night with friends on Tuesday, and back to the Ballroom for Jack Off Jill on Wednesday.

Top Bottom