• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Fox318

I'm hoping that somebody backstage was just like, "Fuck it, let's retcon these terrible last few months."

With what? Unless they put a belt back on him he is going nowhere right now?

You can't be a pro wrestler today if your gimmick is just based on Xenophobia.

Once again he never should have wrestled Cena or the US title rematch should have come later on instead or right after mania.

Masktober

tumblr_nr7g9hr6MW1u792ado1_1280.jpg

Ithil

i fully support straight up retconning the rusev/lana/ziggler/summer storyline. that storyline needed to die in the womb

The angle is lame but they're now in an almost metric opposite of where they were one week ago. Letting real life dictate it like that is absurd.

Fox318

Nothing can stop Rusev. How many months was he with that dogshit ziggler and it still didn't hurt him.

That program hurt both of them.

I know people will scoff at this but after Survivor Series last year Ziggler should have won the rumble spot instead of Roman. That was the original program slot(Roman winning the glory at Survivor Series and elevating up the card) but he didn't get it and his promos were so bad it exposed him.

Ziggler was targeting the same young demographic with the bright colors/flashy moves and he also had a similar target demographic with women.

Instead Ziggler was dumped out like everyone else on the card and without a title or a goal to shoot for he's been lost.

Ithil

Is he the freeagent Meltz was talking about?

If so holy shit.
They're using his Sami Zayn name, so no. This is presumably part of the NXT/Evolve relationship.
Zayn isn't cleared to wrestle until the end of the year so he's probably just going to do promos or commentary.

somedevil

Bayley was also at show of her boyfriends thats part of the wwnlive family and they were taping at the show for the network.

This and Zayn showing up at Evolve basically proves there is some type of deal between WWE and Gabe.

So how long till the invasion angle and is this a way that Hero gets back into NXT?

Ithil

EVOLVE 49 and 50 will be a historic weekend. To make this a special occasion Sami Zayn from NXT will make a special appearance. When you buy a VIP ticket, you will be entitled to a meet & greet with an autograph opportunity with Zayn. In addition, Zayn will make a special in ring appearance for the live audience only.
So yeah, they're lending them people to help ticket sales for the shows. Gabe lucked into a sweet set-up here.

Carnby

well i made it halfway through my work day before breaking down and needing to leave

#moralvictories

Im sorry to hear that bud. Hang in there.

If it were me i would nip it in the bud. The worst part for you is not knowing and hanging in limbo.

Oh:
"EVOLVE 49 and 50 will be a historic weekend. To make this a special occasion Sami Zayn from NXT will make a special appearance. When you buy a VIP ticket, you will be entitled to a meet & greet with an autograph opportunity with Zayn. In addition, Zayn make a special in ring appearance for the live audience only."

Still, saw a lot of #RIPIndyWrestling salt over this.

Oh:
"EVOLVE 49 and 50 will be a historic weekend. To make this a special occasion Sami Zayn from NXT will make a special appearance. When you buy a VIP ticket, you will be entitled to a meet & greet with an autograph opportunity with Zayn. In addition, Zayn make a special in ring appearance for the live audience only."

That's smart as hell, really. Gives more juice to EVOLVE for ticket sales.

Oh:

It should help the live ticket sales since the card did not inspire a lot of interest among my friends who like going to Evolve shows.

Also, I think #IndiePosterThursday proves that indie wrestling will never fully die.

Oh:

It's obvious that Triple H wants EVOLVE to be the #1 indie, and stuff like this will make that happen.

It's obvious that Triple H wants EVOLVE to be the #1 indie, and stuff like this will make that happen.

EVOLVE -really- needs a boost in live turnout, and stuff like this should help. It won't help iPPV buyrates, though.

I highly expect another WWN China tour to get announced real soon, as well.

I dunno, I kind of feel like if WWE is getting behind indy standouts and you can't capitalise on that extra interest / attention, your indy deserves to die.

On the other hand, if EVOLVE are opening up their roster to NXT raids and all they get is 1 meet and greet, I'm not convinced that's a great trade. I assume there's more to come.

EVOLVE is basically the best promotion to get hooked up with WWE. ROH definitely won't, PWG won't, CZW would probably like to, but it's too violent. AIW seems to keep teasing that they do, but they're acting so retarded that that'll probably stop.

EVOLVE is basically the best promotion to get hooked up with WWE. ROH definitely won't, PWG won't, CZW would probably like to, but it's too violent. AIW seems to keep teasing that they do, but they're acting so retarded that that'll probably stop.

Gabe flexing that heyman connection.

Might try to go to evolve in queens. How is the parking around there? Or should I subway

somedevil

I dunno, I kind of feel like if WWE is getting behind indy standouts and you can't capitalise on that extra interest / attention, your indy deserves to die.

On the other hand, if EVOLVE are opening up their roster to NXT raids and all they get is 1 meet and greet, I'm not convinced that's a great trade. I assume there's more to come.

So far the only Evolve guy NXT has used is Gargano. While Evolve so far has gotten is the use of Sami and WWE recommending that MMA guy to them to train and use.

edit: Forgot that NXT also has gotten shine talent to use in the last tapings as enhancement talent.

Top Bottom