• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Proc

I wish they'd get rid of this diva nonesense already and start promoting women's wrestling the same way NXT encourages it.

Fox318

jSS47xzl.jpg

RbHFTfel.png

somedevil

People complain every week about RAW and keep watching, all he's doing is humbly suggesting they shut it off and watch something else and wait for the YouTube uploads.

Complaining always happens in most community tv shows. People seem to watch arrow after complaining about last season and the complaining here pales in to what happens in the doctor who thread.

The same thing happens though people still watch.

Because please spare Sasha Banks from this garbage fire.

I get all the reasons for her not wrestling right now, but how you gonna have a highlight reel showing off how great Sasha is when she's not even in the match lol. Its a slap to the face of your fans, though its not like the WWE ever shy's away from that kind of thing.

The Divas name is bad, but this weird meme where it is somehow representative of all the problems with the division is just that - weird. It's a brand name, just like the TNA Knockouts. The division is no better or worse, overall, because of its name, and if the division were mostly booked well (and you're silly if you don't think it's at least been better, even if highly flawed, in recent weeks), it'd be a non-issue.

Complaining always happens in most community tv shows. People seem to watch arrow after complaining about last season and the complaining here pales in to what happens in the doctor who thread.

The same thing happens though people still watch.

sure, but RAW is 3 hours and the quality never changes

I don't even hate on RAW like that but I decided to try something else tonight just for the fuck of it and it's pretty enjoyable

Ithil

The Divas name is bad, but this weird meme where it is somehow representative of all the problems with the division is just that - weird. It's a brand name, just like the TNA Knockouts. The division is no better or worse, overall, because of its name, and if the division were mostly booked well (and you're silly if you don't think it's at least been better, even if highly flawed, in recent weeks), it'd be a non-issue.

"Meme"?

Fox318

"When it comes to changing the language, I think they make some good points. Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language. So maybe some of this patriarchal shit ought to go away. I think "spokesman" ought to be "spokesperson." I think "chairman" ought to be "chairperson." I think "mankind" ought to be "humankind." But they take it too far, they take themselves too seriously, they exaggerate. They want me to call that thing in the street a "personhole cover." I think that's taking it a little bit too far!"

-George Carlin.

The name matters also this copratized buzz speak of Universe, Superstars, and Divas. Is a huge thing that makes this product unrelatable. Its like they are ashamed of the carney talk so they replaced it with buzzword carny stuff.

Zach

I'd still take issue with it. It has a negative connotation. It's the Redskins of wrestling. >_>

MG310

That was fine and worked on a few levels. Sasha has made Nikki tap a few times already and knows she's in line if Nikki beats Charlotte. Trying to get Naomi/Tamina to turn on her is the only chance Nikki has.

Plus she needed to beat someone leading up to her rematch with Charlotte. They seem to be protecting Becky Lynch a bit so Naomi or Tamina were the best choices.

Top Bottom