• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pentagon Jr is getting festive
qDSFnnZ.jpg

I will
BREAK ORBIT

HE'S FAT.gif

Speedball in LU would be hilarious if they make him do pretapes

He doesn't fit in the tradition of jacked up wrestlers brought in from outside Mexico to work in AAA or CMLL ('sup Marco Corleone), but he would fit fine next to the fat luchadore tradition. Except he's not a luchadore, and he's not fat luchadore fat.

bjork

Caught the Roman promo

Dude cannot tell a story, which is a shame since he had to recap the entire "feud." He also can't work with a crowd.

You know, I was looking at promos and trying to find one with the notion that, even if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, you can still do a good promo if you believe in what you're saying. Then I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bd7Xauo9d4

That's some creepy foresight. :(

Fox318

Meltzer brings up an interesting point today on the podcast.

WWE is getting all of these mainstream partners lately, yet these partners probably have no clue that WWE is at it's lowest popularity point since probably 1994-95.

Vince the snake oil salesman.
That's because the target audience for Vince is busniessmans kids.

"Hey Vince, do we really need wrestling? My kids watch this."

Does anyone else see the US open challenge as a joke, for Cena to kill every mid car person on the roster? or is it just me? Its the most egotistical thing I have seen in a long time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else see the US open challenge as a joke, for Cena to kill every mid car person on the roster? or is it just me? Its the most egotistical thing I have seen in a long time.

It elevates mid-carders to get a chance to shine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roman works fine in non smarky venues.
Chicago is always rough.
But yeah, less is more with Roman on the mic. They need to make him a beast.
They had him go out there to a hostile crowd to give a 5 minute recap. I don't know what anyone expected.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Would you like to go out there and wrestle tonight with a future hall of famer, and currently a legendary wrestler?" fuck yeah.

Plus him and Alberto still have real heat

This is shocking as all hell

I know when I pull a gun on a dude, he just lets it go

Also all those times Alberto would just kick the shit out of Sin Cara were hilarious. CRAZY ASS GERMAN. Immediately kicks him in the face. Sin Cara fakes being hurt on a dive so Alberto looks like shit. Cue the asskicking again.

Also, let's be real. Working with Cena is a boon, because the focus is always on him, so they get taken care of.

Afterward, they don't matter as much, so they get less care from creative. For people like Rusev and Owens, though, they bounce back pretty quick.

imBask

Banned
Each of them. Before, they hadn't had a match with John Cena. Now they have. They're given opportunity.

what
no

the only ones who came out of this alive are Owens and Rusev (pre-last RAW), everyone else just lost and went back to "who cares" status

they got elevated for 12 min I guess, alright

Anth0ny

How late to the game will WWE be to find out about the "Netflix and Chill" meme and try to do a "WWE Network and Chill" ad campaign?

give it 6 months

Michael Cole: Don't forget to catch double you double you e extreme rules, only on the double you double you e network. remember to "double you double you e network and chill" with a friend!

US title is like the never title. It only means something when Cena has it other wise no one cares.

Just like when ishii has the never title It only matters

Mahonay

Banned
I for some reason forced my way through RAW. Skipped large portions but fuck man. Awful. A RAW like this one makes it feel like there's absolutely no hope for things to move in new direction...a new...day?

Hope the ratings drop further.

Reigns mic skills are bad and because of that he will never be top tier in the company...when he speaks i laugh or change the channel...

He sounds fake. He sounds like he's trying to do the Dave Chappelle white guy voice when he cuts a promo. I just wonder who he really is, and if he even had a real enough personality that can break through because that's the only way I ever see him becoming a star.

Mahonay

Banned
I had to skip forward halfway through the Reigns promo because it was too cringe inducing. Sounded like me in high school shitting myself through a presentation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Look, that promo sucked, but it was better than Seth Rollins giving a 3 times as long one every week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Opportunity for what? They show up, lose to Cena, then go back to where they were before they showed up.

To have a match with Cena, to get people to watch. Lots of people aren't interested in anyone but Cena, so it helps them get recognized, even if it's brief.

It's kind of crazy how Lucha Undeground got me to care about wrestlers I've never heard of and have no attachment to, or in some cases have negative association with (Mundo, Chavo, Big Rick) in a real short time, no problem.

Meanwhile, I love a lot of people on the RAW roster and don't care about anything they're doing.

But hey, I'm optimistic about HIAC and what comes after.

It's funny, this version of WWE is probably Vince's dream. A roster full of spineless asshats who will never speak up to him and will just do exactly what they are told.

There are no CM Punk/HBK/Stone Cold type personalities in the WWE anymore.

Even Triple H has completely checked out on his character.

Bork leaving his ass high and dry back in 2004 really did a number on him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of crazy how Lucha Undeground got me to care about wrestlers I've never heard of and have no attachment to, or in some cases have negative association with (Mundo, Chavo, Big Rick) in a real short time, no problem.

Meanwhile, I love a lot of people on the RAW roster and don't care about anything they're doing.

But hey, I'm optimistic about HIAC and what comes after.

Big Ryck is a great character and fits in well as that character. Chavo still ain't shit, though...

LU is a master class in characterization of its wrestlers. Every promotion could take some notes and techniques away from LU and use it to enhance their own promotion.

Mahonay

Banned
Look, that promo sucked, but it was better than Seth Rollins giving a 3 times as long one every week.
Nothing about any promos on a RAW are good. The writing is bad. All of it.

I feel New Day is the only successful group right now since they've been given the green light to just do their own shit. They are motivated, while the rest of the roster has no reason to feel good about their characters or stories.

hamchan

Nothing about any promos on a RAW are good. The writing is bad. All of it.

I feel New Day is the only successful group right now since they've been given the green light to just do their own shit. They are motivated, while the rest of the roster has no reason to feel good about their characters or stories.

I still wonder how the New Day managed to convince creative to let them loose while everyone else is stuck using scripts.

kiguel182

Reading people's impressions of Raw here is honestly a great alternative to actually watching that show.

I'm feeling great about my new no-Raw life.

Anth0ny

it would be nice if the announcers would actually put over the dudes in the Cena US challenge the next week on television. "ziggler was in an absolute WAR with john cena last week and came as close as anyone to taking that championship from him"

*as ziggler beats the fuck out of jack swagger, pinning him clean with relative ease*

like, in kayfabe, if someone pushes john fucking cena to the limit like most guys do in these open challenge matches, shouldn't they completely wreck whatever "lower tier" opponent they face the next week?

you know, instead of forgetting that it ever happened and never mentioning it again and the midcarder just returning to his random midcard jobber status

I still wonder how the New Day managed to convince creative to let them loose while everyone else is stuck using scripts.

Because they broke out of the shit gimmick they were saddled with, and a lot of the rest of the roster is incapable of doing that (including some of the IWC's faves like Cesaro).

Top Bottom