• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

DMczaf

Cesaro is on top of my list of spineless asshats. Fuck that dude, the people want you and you do NOTHING with that.

Fuck you, you spineless, bald head failure.

Mahonay

Banned
Because they broke out of the shit gimmick they were saddled with, and a lot of the rest of the roster is incapable of doing that (including some of the IWC's faves like Cesaro).
This too. You really have to get creative in how you're going to make gold out of the sopping shit you've been handed by creative.

Ithil

To have a match with Cena, to get people to watch. Lots of people aren't interested in anyone but Cena, so it helps them get recognized, even if it's brief.

I've seen him do this challenge since April. No one has been elevated by it. It's a nice decent match to have on every RAW, not much else.

Sephzilla

I dont buy into the idea that simply being in the ring with Cena elevates someone. It's hard to say someone is elevated at all when Cena gets his go home power boost where he then no-sells an entire match's worth of offense and makes his opponent look pitifully weak in the process. All it does is establish that everyone else is still beneath Cena, which long term hurts more than helps talent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol you crybabies

Why don't you cry about someone besides Cena? I mean, wouldn't you cry if your fave was afflicted by a fuckin voodoo curse? What if Cena was throwing up green goo?

It's crazy to believe that Papa Shango was only around for a year and a half. A year and a half. How many bad gimmicks have lasted for such a short amount of time, yet are remembered so well?

XpoUo7Q.jpg

We get it, Papa Shango. You vape.

Here's a great video by one of our HoF members of Papa Shango's Greatest Hits. It's fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-ikI74Zmo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cesaro just always looks like a tourist. He's been that way since the ROH days and it's why I'll never take him seriously

lol you crybabies

Why don't you cry about someone besides Cena? I mean, wouldn't you cry if your fave was afflicted by a fuckin voodoo curse? What if Cena was throwing up green goo?

It's crazy to believe that Papa Shango was only around for a year and a half. A year and a half. How many bad gimmicks have lasted for such a short amount of time, yet are remembered so well?

XpoUo7Q.jpg

Here's a great video by one of our HoF members of Papa Shango's Greatest Hits. It's fun.

20081016_sd_kizarny_display_image.jpg

bradenwalker.jpg

Cesaro just always looks like a tourist. He's been that way since the ROH days and it's why I'll never take him seriously

Talk about moving the goal post.

No greater injustice in the world than Cesaro. If they wanted to do something bold but unconsequential, a month long Cesaro/Rollins program for the title would've been more interesting than FUCKING KANE. Like if it fails, it fails but ffs it's at least something.

No one is more spineless than my boy D-Bry tho.

But at least he got his moment.

Unambitious is more like it. Dude tore Haitch's ass in half
verbally
when his match was stopped that one time, remembah dat.

There's a Kickstarter for a collection of wrestling comics called Muscle Temple. it features the likes of David Smith (Metalocalypse, Adventure Time), Zac Gorman (Rick & Morty, Costume Quest), Box Brown (Andre the Giant: Life and Legend), and Zach Marcus (Star vs. The Froces of Evil).

Mahonay

Banned

As a 13 year old Godfather was fucking fantastic.

Cena is definitely not the part of RAW to be upset about at the moment. It's the entirety of the writing and direction. The cookie cutter presentation. And they're making molasses cookies. No one on Earth really loves molasses cookies. Sometimes they're ok, but usually they are disappointing in every way.

Things happen because reasons. Nothing matters. RAW rolls on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a Kickstarter for a collection of wrestling comics called Muscle Temple. it features the likes of David Smith (Metalocalypse, Adventure Time), Zac Gorman (Ricky & Morty, Costume Quest), Box Brown (Andre the Giant: Life and Legend), and Zach Marcus (Star vs. The Froces of Evil).

I liked Muscle Temple's tumblr, but too much whimsy is too much whimsy.

Also, those fuckers Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose (the faces, mind you) said they wouldn't start Raw with a long, boring promo. They then proceed to cut a long, boring promo together.

DMczaf

lol you crybabies

XpoUo7Q.jpg

There's no crying from me, everyone involved in this failed Cena Open challenge is to blame.

Vince for not continuing the push of the challengers

Cena for kicking out of everyone's finishers and making them look like jobbers

Challengers for not taking advantage of their spotlight and continuing to be spineless jobbers

In short, fuck the WWE right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a Kickstarter for a collection of wrestling comics called Muscle Temple. it features the likes of David Smith (Metalocalypse, Adventure Time), Zac Gorman (Ricky & Morty, Costume Quest), Box Brown (Andre the Giant: Life and Legend), and Zach Marcus (Star vs. The Froces of Evil).

Most of the shows you listed have fucking awful cheap ass art styles. I wouldn't want those people to make a comic book.

Call me when Rafael Gallur has a kickstarter

Also, those fuckers Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose (the faces, mind you) said they wouldn't start Raw with a long, boring promo. They then proceed to cut a long, boring promo together.

It was more like Dean said he wasn't gonna cut a long, boring promo, then Randy came out and ruined it.

Most of the shows you listed have fucking awful cheap ass art styles. I wouldn't want those people to make a comic book.

Call me when Rafael Gallur has a kickstarter

Gallur, like Milos Manara, doesn't need to Kickstart anything.

The WWE WrestleMania weekend travel packages are on sale now.

kiguel182

I dont buy into the idea that simply being in the ring with Cena elevates someone. It's hard to say someone is elevated at all when Cena gets his go home power boost where he then no-sells an entire match's worth of offense and makes his opponent look pitifully weak in the process. All it does is establish that everyone else is still beneath Cena, which long term hurts more than helps talent.

That's my opinion is the same about it. Having a match with Cena doesn't give someone an opportunity if you do nothing post-that. Just gives WWE an excuse to say they tried. It's bullshit.

No one is more spineless than my boy D-Bry tho.

But at least he got his moment.

Bryan isn't spineless, he was simply happy just wrestling. The guy doesn't care about anything else, he isn't ambitious.

Dion314

Neo Member
Cena is definitely not the part of RAW to be upset about at the moment. It's the entirety of the writing and direction. The cookie cutter presentation. And they're making molasses cookies. No one on Earth really loves molasses cookies. Sometimes there's ok, but usually they are disappointing in every way.

Exactly. Cena and the New Day are the only things that are consistently good to great on a weekly basis.

If anybody thought they weren't still gonna get LOL CENA WINS you're fooling yourselves. I think this entire US Title run was to give the people what they THINK they wanted: Cena out of the Main Event scene, new match ups (or at least match ups without the face/heel alignment determining who he faces), more competitive matches (where he still wins) and a chance for others to run with the ball. He is still very much the top dog in all aspects and, as such, he wins all the time.

It's literally everything else about Raw that they're shitting the bed on.

lol you crybabies

Once the back is against the wall, call everyone a cry baby and change the subject to Papa Shango. Expected nothing better from a PewDiePie fan SMH

Mahonay

Banned
I audibly sighed and yelled "OH COME ON" when Brie Bella beat Charlotte with a missile dropkick. I was about to skip the entire match, then Charlotte started really manhandling Brie which makes way more sense, considering the size and skill gap between the two. Someone from Team Bella on the apron lightly hits Charlotte in the back, and that's enough for Brie to beat the Divas champ with a single dropkick. Ok then.

That's the kind of booking that feels spiteful. Someone upset about the attempt to change their shitty Diva booking. Then again men's booking is just as bad right now, particularly with the WWE title and Rollins.

Talk about moving the goal post.

No greater injustice in the world than Cesaro. If they wanted to do something bold but unconsequential, a month long Cesaro/Rollins program for the title would've been more interesting than FUCKING KANE. Like if it fails, it fails but ffs it's at least something.

Kane is capable and doing his best with the storyline. He's the only good part of it. Cesaro has the personality of a wet piece of cardboard and that's why he's tag teaming with Mighty Mouse right now.

Bryan isn't spineless, he was simply happy just wrestling. The guy doesn't care about anything else, he isn't ambitious.

Do you think he was happy to be put in an opening multi-man IC title cluster fuck with little actual wrestling or story at the biggest event of the year, at which last year he was the star?

I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. It's just hilarious he put over WWE's guy and didn't even use it as leverage to get a decent spot on Mania.

Heroman

Banned
Do you think he was happy to be put in an opening multi-man IC title cluster fuck with little actual wrestling or story at the biggest event of the year, at which last year he was the star?

I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. It's just hilarious he put over WWE's guy and didn't even use it as leverage to get a decent spot on Mania.
Probably he has said many time that he wanted to evaluate the Ic belt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cesaro is prob a total coward like Ziggler. Will complain online in hashtags about his push but won't say shit when Vince walks by.

Won't have his 'I'm not being Cowboy Bret Hart' moment.

Anth0ny

I wonder if I can still get:

Round trip flight from Toronto to Dallas
3 nights hotel in Dallas
Decent Mania ticket
Decent NXT ticket
Decent Raw after Mania ticket
Transportation + food

For... less than $1000? less than $1500? ; _ ;

Mahonay

Banned
Cesaro is prob a total coward like Ziggler. Will complain online in hashtags about his push but won't say shit when Vince walks by.

Won't have his 'I'm not being Cowboy Bret Hart' moment.
Hahah yeah dickbags, concerned about keeping their jobs. What assholes.

notworksafe

3 nights hotel in Dallas
Decent Mania ticket
Decent NXT ticket
Transportation + food

It was about $1200 for stuff last year, but I was only flying from New Mexico to SF.

3 nights hotel in Dallas
Decent Mania ticket
Decent NXT ticket
Transportation + food

I live in Vermont. Hop the border, and let me tag along if you figure that out. Thanks in advance for paying for everything.

Top Bottom