• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

WWE writing by itself has always been shit. Always. Anyone who ever went anywhere always talks about either completely rejecting their ideas, or engaging Vince in some weird brainstorming session where they sell an idea to him.

MG310

Yeah, I watched that and it was clear he just doesn't have that personality to come out on the mic, and neither does Reigns (but he's got the look).

I agree, there's no reason not to experiment when ratings are shit and interest is seemingly at an all time low. Football season should give them some leeway to go with a Cesaro/Rollins feud just to see what happens.

Yeah, it's the right time of year for something like that.. If not on PPV then around the end of the year and leading up to the first 2016 Raw. I remember them doing a good job building up that Miz/Morrison match for the first Raw in 2011.

Stings first look makes me feel weird. I thought I really wanted him to have a WM moment, and I am happy he got paid. He just waited too long. I hope he got treated well backstage.

I think his career might really be over, but I will always remember 89-1998.

Dude had am amazing career.

Y'know they could've ended the Rusev/Lana/Ziggler/Summer storyline just by having Rusev v Ziggler one more time, and have Lana interfere in Rusev's favour, revealing they've been engaged for weeks, and Rusev just took a strong dislike to his show off stupid american ass, and decided to humiliate him over the course of months. Then Hot Summer could be distraught, Rusev and Lana could laugh and leave the arena.

Sure a 5 month plan or whatever just to humiliate Ziggler might seem like a stretch, but it would've been an ending. It would've done something and might even have got them both over again as big heels. Then Lana could start coming out and telling everyone to Shat Tup again.

I still can't get over the transition from the promo listing all the praise for Banks/Bayley at TakeOver: Respect to that shitty Naomi/Nikki Bella batch. #DivasRevolution

This whole Bryan doesn't own a TV thing is silly.

Does Brie not watch TV either?

Brie has to go John and Nikki's place to watch TV.

Muscle Temple looks fun. Avengers you didn't post this gem:
ohftqwq

Oh, they made the Rusev Crush clock too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know, friends, the "Vince/Dunn burial" complaints get really tiring pretty fast. Its like people change tack at the speed of light just to bitch, e.g. "why were the heels wearing anti-Breast Cancer stuff last week this breaks kayfabe!!!" and then being like "Vince is a douchebag who is punishing Rusev for breaking Kayfabe" literally the next week.

The entire Lana/Rusev/Summer thing came off as an worked shoot to me, especially with the suspiciously timed Summer proposal bullshit last week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, friends, the "Vince/Dunn burial" complaints get really tiring pretty fast. Its like people change tack at the speed of light just to bitch, e.g. "why were the heels wearing anti-Breast Cancer stuff last week this breaks kayfabe!!!" and then being like "Vince is a douchebag who is punishing Rusev for breaking Kayfabe" literally the next week.

The entire Lana/Rusev/Summer thing came off as an worked shoot to me, especially with the suspiciously timed Summer proposal bullshit last week.

That's because people don't want to either accept or think that the problems can have multiple points that should be addressed. It's easy to hate a fictional problem.

Sephzilla

I kind of think a lot of the Vince/Dunn burial comments are halfassed joke comments, honestly.

imBask

Banned
so even if the Dunn/Vince problem is true, we should ignore it and point the blame somewhere else because it's "tiring"?

they're still in charge and the show is still shit

not they're not the only reason

yes they are part of the problem

Apparently hearing a loud bang in your college library and everyone going under the table isn't gonna make your day any better. Just got evacuated from the place and now I'm on a train far far away. Hopefully it was nothing and it probably is but dude. Fuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently hearing a loud bang in your college library and everyone going under the table isn't gonna make your day any better. Just got evacuated from the place and now I'm on a train far far away. Hopefully it was nothing and it probably is but dude. Fuck.

A...train?

yeah, given recent events that would be scary as fuck

glad you're safe

stay safe, WrassleGAF

I sort of hate the hypocrisy of the complaints. If you were Vince you would hold someone back if you thought he was a goober too. The problem is Vince is damn near a billionaire while most of you are "between jobs", yet you think he has worst taste.

Kornflayx

Why does everyone think that things will magically get better when HHH gets the book? From everything I've heard so far, he will not run WWE like he runs NXT. He has said multiple times, that what works on NXT is not necessarily how he would run the main shows, because they have to appeal to a broader audience.

So, maybe a little bit more focus on wrestling, but the soapy storylines will always be there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why does everyone think that things will magically get better when HHH gets the book? From everything I've heard so far, he will not run WWE like he runs NXT. He has said multiple times, that what works on NXT is not necessarily how he would run the main shows, because they have to appeal to a broader audience.

So, maybe a little bit more focus on wrestling, but the soapy storylines will always be there.

People like to pretend it's one person's fault. Can't wait for the "Well HHH has always been terrible in charge" in about 20 years time.

he was rubbing it in dolph's face that his latest arm candy just got hitched by pointing out another couple in the audience. that's not something a face would do.

fuck you dunn

Anth0ny

i always thought he just gave that line that to the press as a way not to shit on the main product

press: hey hunter why does raw suck ass yet nxt is booked so well just book the main roster product the same way

hhh: well, you see... different audiences. yeah. what works on nxt wouldn't necessarily work on the main roster. yes... that's why.

nxt isn't magic. it's basic ass wrestling booking. of course it would work well on the main roster. damn near anything would work better than the booking of the main roster. wcw 2000 would work better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
so even if the Dunn/Vince problem is true, we should ignore it and point the blame somewhere else because it's "tiring"?

they're still in charge and the show is still shit

not they're not the only reason

yes they are part of the problem

The problem I'm trying to point out is that fans being so intensely interested in whatever they perceive as a shoot means that pretty much every thing that happens gets attributed to made-up backstage politics (which could or could not be true, the point is that there's very little basis to say in connection with individual events, e.g. Rusev loses to Ryback on Monday Night Raw). Wrestling is fake, just assume everything is a work unless there's a specific reason to believe otherwise.

Rusev losing to Ryback, a face wrestler who is basically the face analogue of Rusev himself down to their positions on the overall card doesn't mean Vince/Stephanie/HHH/Dunn had a secret Cabal meeting where they decided to bury him in retribution for proposing to a girlfriend he already was living together with.

People like to pretend it's one person's fault. Can't wait for the "Well HHH has always been terrible in charge" in about 20 years time.

All I'm saying is most of these Kevin Dunn explanations for basically everything seem like conspiracy theories. Maybe he sort of sucks at writing or scripting events, but a lot of the complaints come off like "[my favorite wrestler] isn't being pushed to the title because Kevin Dunn is mad that he ate the last donut in the break room." Dudes really wanna believe they have the pulse on the shoot politics of this fake as fuck by nature shit.

go watch something else besides wwe you nerds

For instance, this weekend's Evolve show, though whatever Sami Zayn does will not appear on the iPPV:

Evolve 49, Saturday, 10/17/15, 7 pm (iPPV)

I Quit match, if Gargano loses, he leaves town: Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan page
Timothy Thatcher & TJ Perkins vs. Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero
#1 contender's match: Drew Gulak vs. Trevor Lee
Anthony Nese w/So Cal Val vs. Andrew Everett vs. Matt Cage vs. Peter Kassa
Tracy Williams vs. Willie Mack
Matt Riddle vs. Jonathan Gresham

Evolve 50, Sunday, 10/18/15, 8 pm (iPPV)

Evolve Championship match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs. Drew Gulak vs. Trevor Lee winner
Roppongi Vice (Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero) vs. The Premiere Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley) w/So Cal Val
Willie Mack vs. Gulak vs. Lee loser
TJ Perkins vs. Tracy Williams
Matt Riddle vs. Chris Dickinson
Andrew Everett vs. Peter Kassa
Ethan Page vs. Matt Cage

Or this past weekend's Chikara show, Colony Collapse:
Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, and Swamp Monster vs. Kimber Lee and Los Ice Creams
Kevin Condron vs. Argus
Blaster McMassive and Flex Rumblecrunch vs. Dasher Hatfield and Icarus
Mandrews vs. Juan Francisco De Coranado
Jakob Hammermeier and Soldier Ant vs. Fire Ant and Worker Ant
Shynron vs. Mr. Touchdown
Frightmare, Hallowicked, and Blind Rage vs. Oleg the Usurper and The Batiri
Ophidian vs. Mr. Azerbaijan

Or CZW's show this past weekend, Tangled Web 8.

Neiko Sozio vs. Pepper Parks
AR Fox vs. Joe Gacy
CZW World Tag Team Championship match: Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carry) vs. The Beaver Boys (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)
CZW Wired Championship: Tim Donst (c) vs. Joey Janela
Greg Excellent vs. Dick Justice
Rory Gulak vs. Masada
J.T. Dunn vs. David Starr
CZW World Championship match: Matt Tremont (c) vs. BLK JEEZ
Tangle Web match: The Nation of Intoxication (Danny Havoc, Devon Moore, Lucky tHURTeen & Conor Claxton) vs. Ohio Is 4 Killers (Jake Crist, Dave Crist, Alex Colon, Eric Ryan)

Top Bottom