• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Zach

What has Vince McMahon come up with that I should appreciate? Hit me with it!

Edit: Here, I'll start: Goldust. That's a pretty solid concept. I mean, Dustin made it work, but it was all Vinny's idea, yeah?

What has Vince McMahon come up with that I should appreciate? Hit me with it!

Edit: Here, I'll start: Goldust. That's a pretty solid concept. I mean, Dustin made it work, but it was all Vinny's idea, yeah?

The Blue Chipper, Rocky Maivia
The Ringmaster, Steve Austin
Duke "The Dumpster" Droese
The Goobledy Gooker
The Brawl for All
Rosey, the Super Hero in Training
Paul Burchill, Pirate
Kerwin White
Eugene

Montreal Screwjob was just something in the air it seemed like, and then Triple H was apparently the one to verbalize it. Although Shawn pleads the fifth on all of his shittiness from that era, so who really knows.

Vince did come up with Undertaker.

I legit wish WWE Immortals was a real console fighter and not a simple mobile game. I'd play the fuck out of that.

Everyone eventually loses talent over time, though.

What if they aren't actually doing anything wrong, though? Sure the TV ratings are decling at a faster rate than average, but TV ratings don't determin the company's overall success nowadays and will continue to mean less and less over time.

What I'd want to know is - are they worth less than they were before as a company? What kind of profits are they generating across their various media platforms and merchandise sales?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, it would be the concentrated characters of the luchadors. Abismo Negro would have a flamethrower, La Park would have a scythe, Perro would use summonable dogs, Dr Wagner could use concentrated charisma, Super Porky could use food as a weapon
Do you even Lucha? LA Parka would have a chair.

Toki767

The real stupid part of the Rusev/Lana thing is that TMZ said they've been engaged for a month but WWE treated it like it happened over the weekend.

The real stupid part of the Rusev/Lana thing is that TMZ said they've been engaged for a month but WWE treated it like it happened over the weekend.

No they didn't. Summer specifically said that the TMZ article came out over the weekend and mentioned the detail about him being engaged for a month.
You guys still feel that the product isn't complex enough right?

Nekofrog

Banned
Montreal Screwjob was just something in the air it seemed like, and then Triple H was apparently the one to verbalize it. Although Shawn pleads the fifth on all of his shittiness from that era, so who really knows.

Vince did come up with Undertaker.

in shawn's defense, he was probably so whacked out of his mind on coke and painkillers that it's all a blur

"wait, why am I in this ring? Oh, i'm a WRESTLER? WOWWWWW, that's so cool!"

Toki767

No they didn't. Summer specifically said that the TMZ article came out over the weekend and mentioned the detail about him being engaged for a month.
You guys still feel that the product isn't complex enough right?

Summer said it, but the announcers seemed clueless.

Bandini

Vince Sr. came up with WWF.

Vince Jr. came up with a worldwide product.

Without Vince, all you fanatics are talking endlessly about the local promotion.

Everything in America has been trending in the direction of consolidation for a long time, if Vince never existed it would have been someone else by the 90s at the latest

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 10/12

8pm: 3.518
9pm: 3.254
10pm: 3.082

Avg: 3.285

Ouch at that 3rd hour but putting Kane in the main event they deserve it. Dodgers vs Mets did 3.960 million viewers.

Raw Viewership for 10/12

Ouch at that 3rd hour but putting Kane in the main event they deserve it. Dodgers vs Mets did 3.960 million viewers.

Seth is clearly sinking the ratings. Time to replace him in the program with Kane. Get Big Show on the line.

There's a Kickstarter for a collection of wrestling comics called Muscle Temple. it features the likes of David Smith (Metalocalypse, Adventure Time), Zac Gorman (Rick & Morty, Costume Quest), Box Brown (Andre the Giant: Life and Legend), and Zach Marcus (Star vs. The Froces of Evil).
Sweet, I like the talent involved. Backed
Paul Burchill, Pirate

Wait, i thought Vince killed Pirate Paul Burchill because he'd never heard of Pirates of the Caribbean

Toki767

Raw Viewership for 10/12

The Roman Reigns segment was at the top of the 3rd hour. That had to have chased off all those people.

MC Safety

Everything in America has been trending in the direction of consolidation for a long time, if Vince never existed it would have been someone else by the 90s at the latest

Maybe, maybe not.

The fact is Vince McMahon Jr. did it in the 1980s. And that is the correct answer to the question that was posted.

Toki767

Maybe, maybe not.

The fact is Vince McMahon Jr. did it in the 1980s. And that is the correct answer to the question that was posted.

Vince at 40 is not the same as Vince at 70. Vince at 70 means all of his worst habits at 40 just get magnified even more from 30 years of being surrounded by yes-men.

tm24

I find it extremely hilarious that WWE has an article about Kallisto and his story the same week of the Mysteziz incident. It's complete coincidence yet still super funny

Mahonay

Banned
Raw Viewership for 10/12

Good. Needs to keep dropping.

Although next week they're going nuts with legends appearances.

Top Bottom