• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

#BetterThan2k

KINGMAKER
KINGMAKER
KINGMAKER

What do you want some guy from ESPN to interview Rollins about to appeal to a larger demographic? Emocore? His neo-nazi girlfriend that he stands by to this day? The psychology of wrestling as a heel? Forget it.

His penis and the power of CrossFit on a station that broadcasts the World CrossFit Championships.

Del Rio cancelled on wXw two days before a double-shot because they refused to upgrade him to business class - he calls this "subhuman treatment". Meanwhile, it's pretty standard amongst European promotions to pay for an economy flight and then the talent can upgrade themselves to business class if they prefer, perhaps with their fee reflecting this extra cost on their part. This was all after Del Rio cancelled on wXw last December, opting to do a AAA show instead. Suffice to say, wXw won't be attempting using Alberto any longer, but Del Rio's side of the story is garnering a lot of attention and it's sad to see people badmouthing a promotion very few have a bad word to say about simply because yet another import decided, for whatever reason, that they'd rather not bother with Europe. Straight out of the Kevin Nash playbook.

Browny

Banned
Del Rio cancelled on wXw two days before a double-shot because they refused to upgrade him to business class - he calls this "subhuman treatment". Meanwhile, it's pretty standard amongst European promotions to pay for an economy flight and then the talent can upgrade themselves to business class if they prefer, perhaps with their fee reflecting this extra cost on their part. This was all after Del Rio cancelled on wXw last December, opting to do a AAA show instead. Suffice to say, wXw won't be attempting using Alberto any longer, but Del Rio's side of the story is garnering a lot of attention and it's sad to see people badmouthing a promotion very few have a bad word to say about simply because yet another import decided, for whatever reason, that they'd rather not bother with Europe. Straight out of the Kevin Nash playbook.
Yeah I read that over breakfast - Alberto has made a statement on his Twitter (which I can't link to as it's blocked at work). Something about £7k to upgrade?

Shit, top of the page. Er...

Big Show

In 2015

XZVH0bC.gif

Skipping it Monday to watch Youtube videos and catch Fargo was a revelation. A lot more relaxing yet I didn't fall asleep once.

This basically. If something cool happens (like Dudleys return), I'll catch it on YouTube. If an interesting match gets announced, I'll watch the PPV on the Network. That said, I haven't even done that since Money In The Bank.

If there was any miscommunication about the transport being provided, the fault should lie with Del Rio's manager - isn't it HIS job to make sure all that shit's sorted out ahead of time? wXw shouldn't have to pay an exorbitant last-minute upgrade fee because of it. Besides, he's probably booked for AAA anyway - he did the same thing to PCW earlier in the year.

Kornflayx

First of all as Strigga pointed out on Twitter, you don't need a work visa to wrestle for wXw. "Flying economy class is unacceptable to me". Dude, you're being flown to Germany to wrestle in front of roughly 500 people and you think they're paying 7k for your goddamn flight? Fuck off, asshole

Also, nice pointing out that anyone who flies economy class is a "sub human"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Assuming he's still using his rich playboy persona, then I applaud Del Rio for not breaking kayfabe.

This interview is great.

Brock on why he's facing Undertaker: "Well, he cost me my WWE Championship against, um, uh, Seth Rollins, and um, I guess... that means a lot to me."

I love it. Can't remember Rollins' name, has to remember that he's supposed to care about a fake title when really there's critters out there lurking on his farm.

It's funny that now you've got wrestlers on TV being like 'oh right, i guess we're doing kayfabe....i can't really be bothered though...'

The short version is that Big Show left WWE in December 2006 to take a break because had a number of lingering injuries and needed to lose weight. While his wife swore they had enough money to live on for a while, the IRS als had a $400,000 tax lien on him. Show's buddy Hulk Hogan had, for some reason, decided that Show should take up boxing, thinking that with his physical size, strength, punching power, and speed(!), he'd be unbeatable. Hogan arranged meetings with SoBe Entertainment founder Cecile Barker (the "black billionaire" from Hogan's sex tape rant whose son Brooke Hogan was dating) and somehow this led to SoBe financing Big Show's training. He'd get $84,000 per month and was advanced $1 million to buy a house. Hogan would be the promoter with the idea that "Hulk Hogan Promotions" would draw more attention.

What?

MC Safety

First of all as Strigga pointed out on Twitter, you don't need a work visa to wrestle for wXw. "Flying economy class is unacceptable to me". Dude, you're being flown to Germany to wrestle in front of roughly 500 people and you think they're paying 7k for your goddamn flight? Fuck off, asshole

He has a standard contract, and it says he only flies business class. Either you agree to the contract, or you don't hire Alberto Del Rio.

Also, nice pointing out that anyone who flies economy class is a "sub human"

Yeah, I think he's referring to wrestling promotions treating their talent with disregard than he is making a statement about people in coach.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#RealAssSunflower today. Not a good morning, so I'll make it into a BAD morning here.

Fox318

Dick kicker would be a pretty good gimmick.

Guy wins every match but he doesn't understand why nobody in the back respects him or nobody wants to fight him in the ring.

He finally gets a title shot against a heel champ and gets DQed for a low blow and somebody finally tells him that he can't kick people in the dick.

As someone who's had to run all over London Heathrow because of how WxW booked their flights for me, I'm iffy. They did put us up in a nice house though, so they know how to treat guests.

Alberto is probably just being a butt. Though the work visa thing is real. We almost got deported back because of it, and one worker did.

bjork

Gotta do my yardwork today and it's 91% humidity with 0 wind. I don't mind the humidity so long as there's moving air. Too bad I can't just go do it right now, but it's 7 am and waking up my neighborhood wouldn't end well. Poop.

Zach

Gotta do my yardwork today and it's 91% humidity with 0 wind. I don't mind the humidity so long as there's moving air. Too bad I can't just go do it right now, but it's 7 am and waking up my neighborhood wouldn't end well. Poop.

I have strict "never begin yardwork before 8:00 AM" policy. It's just common decency, bjork.

Top Bottom