• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

klonere

Banned
Gotta have that longevity. Show us you're not some flash in the pan like Mastadonkey.

Hell in a cell, friend. Or even a triple cage.

In less than a year I've gone from someone who had watched less than 30 minutes of WWE programming throughout his entire life to someone who complains about Cena and is seriously considering an Observer sub. I'm here 4 lyfe

You know I'm a Rollins mark. I'll do what has to be done to these old timers.

JavyOO7

Becky is a goober and I can never buy her with any kind of 'cool catchphrase'

Her character needs a complete rework from what I've seen of it. She's got even less of one than Charlotte. Who's character is 'my dad is famous?'

You know what are two great wrestler names?
Scott Hall and Kevin Nash

Charlotte paid tribute to her dad in NXT but she had her own swagger. She lost that nuance going up to the main roster unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nqynaam01u1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

sLYxB9D.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had to look up "Sting/Vader White castle of fear"

AMAZING!

You've never seen that? The Sting/Vader feud was amazing, and this was one of the best parts of it. What great chemistry the two had, and such varying looks between them. It was one of my favorite feuds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Charlotte paid tribute to her dad in NXT but she had her own swagger. She lost that nuance going up to the main roster unfortunately.

She used the figure four as a finisher, she 'WHOOOS' and she comes out to a bad remix of her dad's theme.

Shit, David was more of an individual than Charlotte.

jmdajr

You've never seen that? The Sting/Vader feud was amazing, and this was one of the best parts of it. What great chemistry the two had, and such varying looks between them. It was one of my favorite feuds.

Maybe I did and forgot. I absolutely did see them fight. Like that Strap match.

That was good times for sure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She used the figure four as a finisher, she 'WHOOOS' and she comes out to a bad remix of her dad's theme.

David was given a chance to make his own character, Charlotte feels assembled. I'm hoping she can work on her character to be something different and interesting.

I mean really, David Flair never tried to be a Flair. He got in with Crowbar and Daffney and it was a weird thing. I dug it.

Well Flair DID try to be a Flair once. It was obvious, quickly, that it wasn't going to work so it changed.

Charlotte in NXT was more like HHH than Flair, what with all the eugenics and Natural Selection shit. That is heel stuff through and through

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're not going to talk about politics in here. Please leave them out of this thread. ESPECIALLY if you're not even American.

JavyOO7

She used the figure eight as a finisher in a rematch against Bayley for the title. The rest of her matches with Sasha, first match with Bayley, and Nattie were all using the Natural selection (somersault cutter).

I give you the 'Wooo' thing. But CFO$ did her theme and I'm not sure if Charlotte had input in that. =P

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kidding about everything except the no politics in WrassleGAF edict. I know I'm not in charge of fucking anything, but I absolutely HATE talking about them in any form, and I think it would be a far worse detriment to our community than anyone else has been.

Especially with non-Americans

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably always be a mark for Bray Wyatt, because he's the kind of dude I want to see succeed. Them's the bricks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What do you like about him? I ask because I think my timing coming back into the fold of sports entertainment puts me at a disadvantage as I continue to get a feel for these guys. I watch Bray and the gimmick does zero for me. It doesn't annoy me, make me angry, I simply feel nothing. My reaction is "oh, a dude who wrestles for a living". that's it.

I enjoy his character, and I like watching him wrussle. His "burials" haven't berried him in even the slightest way with me, and I think he has a very strong commitment to his character and I enjoy that a lot. I also like spoopy things. On top of that, his two hosses with him are great. Always loved Harper. Felt nothing for Rowan. Strowman is great.

There's a lot to like. I don't get mad about booking, so Bray's still a winner in my heart.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Top 3 Bray matches for me to catch up on?

He had a great stiff match with Ambrose last year. Stro reviewed it on legitshook.com, lemme see if I can find when it was.

Ah, I can't find it, but Shield vs Wyatts at Elimination Chamber 2014 was pretty great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What do you like about him? I ask because I think my timing coming back into the fold of sports entertainment puts me at a disadvantage as I continue to get a feel for these guys. I watch Bray and the gimmick does zero for me. It doesn't annoy me, make me angry, I simply feel nothing. My reaction is "oh, a dude who wrestles for a living". that's it.

edit: better yet, dont use words. Give me top3 Bray matches.

He's not Dolph Ziggler, I can't just give you 3 matches and say 'that's why'. He works because of the overall package. The promo material and feuds are weak, but he's more confident on the microphone than anyone in that company. He delivers mundane shit perfectly and he's great at staying in character even though his character seems incredibly ill defined at times.

He's very good at talking. The material he works with isn't great though mostly because he never gets anything accomplished. Which is pretty standard WWE booking. But in this era of pro wrestlers, having someone who actually sounds natural and can talk without constant pausing during his promos is special. Because I'd say he's the only one on their main roster of active talent that can do it.

He's got some fun moves too. The 6 man tag from the Raw after Mania in New Orleans was fun too.

Top Bottom