• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Countdown to The Rock appearing at the WrestleMania TakeOver show to raise Nia Jax's hand has officially started. It will work as well as this:
T5ZdBgn.gif

Edit: there's just something new to pick up out of that gif every time I see it.

iCJpOhR.gif

Anth0ny

I can't wait to bored to death by the first hour all over again...in HD!

they tried to fix the shitty final hour of wind waker with the hd version, hopefully they try to fix the shitty first hour of twilight princess this time

though I wonder if they're even aware of the criticism TP has received (god awful, unskippable tutorials in the first hour, tear quests, blue rupee dialogue boxes every god damn time you grab a blue rupee)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Listen, I know it was the 80s and shit but stuff like Miami Vice was on and so there was 'real gritty shit'

did people actually buy Mr. T as a legit tough guy? This dude is the corniest shit ever. Even as Clubber Lang.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Listen, I know it was the 80s and shit but stuff like Miami Vice was on and so there was 'real gritty shit'

did people actually buy Mr. T as a legit tough guy? This dude is the corniest shit ever. Even as Clubber Lang.

Same movie made Hulk Hogan for millions and he looks even tougher in it...so yes, yes it did work.

His biographical section on wikipedia has some impressive stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I finished KOTR 1997 yesterday. What a fucking show.

It has, bar none, the best PPV match fuck finish of all time. Austin and HBK go out there for almost half an hour, both of them take out a referee in childish tantrums before Earl Hebner comes in and reminds them that this isn't WCW and dq's them both. The crowd boos for about five seconds before Austin tries to MURDER HBK with the tag belt off the top rope, but HBK is wise to it and they end up walking away shoulder to shoulder so neither one turns their back on each other.

The crazy part is? This is only the second best match on the entire card!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jerry Lawler and Brian Christopher may be the only commentary combination worse than Cole/Lawler/JBL.

Schiavone/Madden/Tenay or Hudson, both are equally terrible. Interestingly enough, Schiavone/Madden/Straight Shooting Stevie Ray is a FANTASTIC group.

Every commentary team ROH has ever fielded. Tazz and Josh Matthews for those few months.

Cole is really bad with King during his replacement of JR in the Attitude era.

Bischoff in general.

OMG mike Bailey is being considered for lucha underground season 2. Also Rey Horus and Flmaita and will ospreay.

Even better is Alberto might be leaving because he is unhappy

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Actually the worst commentary ever is New Generation when HBK was doing commentary for a while.

Even Monsoon couldn't save that shit and he sounded like he hated being there

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Actually the worst commentary ever is New Generation when HBK was doing commentary for a while.

Even Monsoon couldn't save that shit and he sounded like he hated being there

No way, watched a bunch of New Generation and 3/4 times Shawn is an interesting partner. Now when he comes back in the Attitude era completely pilled out of his mind and not able to string three words together, yeah. Fastest person ever fired from the booth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joey Styles is one of the worst too. Dude is like Mike Tenay turned up to 100

I don't give a fuck how many move names he knows. Monsoon barely knew any of them and he's one of my absolute favorites due to how his voice and demeanor added to the match and the babyfaces and he felt like he was speaking from the point of the view of the fans.

Joey Styles is like a snarky hyperactive shithead Bill Mercer

This good. This good!

Yeah. That feud overall was great. And the blow-off 100% delivered. Angelus was a terrific psycho dickhead for months, and Delilah is just entirely adorable. Her weaponry choices for the San Dimas Streetfight were hilarious. Angelus got a complete standing ovation at the end, and that crowd doesn't really do that often, and has never done it for somebody who attacked all the most over babyfaces in the company for months and months.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Speaking about booths adding JR to Vince and the King is a great idea...well, after they run through the Fake Diesel/Razor Ramon gimmick.

JR and Vince when King is wrestling (so basically just the leadup to and event of KOTR 1997) is also really well done for having two play by play guys. JR does color and it works really well.

Meanwhile for a very brief period WCW ran with Schiavone as color and JR as play by play in the early 90's and it sucked bad. Schiavone...is not a good color man.

DMczaf

We are shitting on past commentators while we are currently experiencing the worst commentary team in the history of sports entertainment

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We are shitting on past commentators while we are currently experiencing the worst commentary team in the history of sports entertainment

Nothing beats Schiavone/Madden/Tenay. Tenay and Madden can't stand each other. Madden is in general annoying (unless paired with Straight Shootin' Stevie Ray) and Schiavone just doesn't give a shit anymore.

Cole/JBL/King doesn't really work well either, especially when they were doing RAW every week but with the break of them only doing PPVs now it's decent. Saxton is at least better than JBL and King bickering over nothing, but I miss booker T.

Saxton is such a non-entity that when DM said we are experiencing the worst commentary team ever I assumed he was talking about JBL/Cole/King.

Rodrick Strong is going to be doing a tour of Mexico with Triple AAA affiliate indies

If he finds Mexican women down there, he's never coming back

Joey Styles is one of the worst too. Dude is like Mike Tenay turned up to 100

I don't give a fuck how many move names he knows. Monsoon barely knew any of them and he's one of my absolute favorites due to how his voice and demeanor added to the match and the babyfaces and he felt like he was speaking from the point of the view of the fans.

Joey Styles is like a snarky hyperactive shithead Bill Mercer

Monsoon knew what a crescent kick was and how to troll the shit out of Heenan. He's the BEST.

Zach

He also asks a naked Sable to be his Tag Team Partner and when he gets kicked out he tells her that "She didn't have to get hot about it." Which made me laugh as I know that's something he says all the time on his podcast.
Ha! I just mentioned that to WrassleGAF a couple weeks ago! I was met with domestic violence jokes. :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ha! I just mentioned that to WrassleGAF a couple weeks ago! I was met with domestic violence jokes. :(

That's not fair, that's not even Deborah out there! Also Austin is at least six months away from hitting women on screen! He just yells at them and makes them cry! Well, as long as you don't count HBK and Bret as women, then he does hit them.

Vylash

nxt pls scoop up cheerleader melissa, madison eagles, daffney, and mia yim so all of my favorite female indy talent can be there

Top Bottom