• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

txg1GRul.png

Did we ever get a reveal of who was in the bunny suit? Or did that vanish along with Rose?

DMczaf

Bingo. Everybody bought Tyson fights to see Tyson wreck the fuck out of someone in the first round. Goldberg was the pro wrestling version of that.

Now we're starting to see this with Ronda.

Vince is going to have no fucking clue how to book Ronda if she works a WM match. Although it looks like Triple H has the right thinking from the way he's booking Asuka in NXT.

bjork

Jesus CHRIST that UCW poster

I wonder how many people will be like "I saw Hawk and Bubba on the poster, I want my money back."

Vince is going to have no fucking clue how to book Ronda if she works a WM match. Although it looks like Triple H has the right thinking from the way he's booking Asuka in NXT.

She's going to tap out to the StephTF, naturally.

Sephzilla

Did we ever get a reveal of who was in the bunny suit? Or did that vanish along with Rose?

We unofficially found out he was Justin Gabriel, I think

Vince would have Ronda job to a Bella because "DAMNIT THIS PROVES THAT WWE IS BETTER THAN UFC AND THIS WILL GET DANA SENPAI TO NOTICE ME"

my dream come true

The new version of FMW is doing a show on 12/22 at Korakuen Hall, built around FMW vs. W*ING,

which were rival hardcore promotions in the mid-90s. At a 9/24 show at Shinjuku Face in Tokyo, the W*ING team of Nosawa & Raijin Yaguchi & Tomohiko Hashimoto & Taru (most of whom were actually never in the W*ING promotion when it ran) beat Atsushi Onita & Masato Tanaka & Hideki Hosaka & Ricky Fuji (all of which were FMW stars back in its heyday) with the name of the promotion at stake. So the next set of shows are being billed as W*ING instead of FMW shows. Mr. Pogo, who was one of Onita’s big rivals, but is out due to neck surgery due to spinal stenosis in March, was at the show and said he’d be able to wrestle in January, and Onita talked about doing a singles match with him on 5/5 at Kawasaki Stadium. In Onita’s heyday, he wrestled annual shows on 5/5 at Kawasaki Baseball Stadium drawing 30,000 to 55,000 fans against names like Terry Funk and Genichiro Tenryu.

#IndieThursdays

Heel

Holy shit at ROD - that's some quality wrasslers there.

BJ Hancock... Stumpy... Will Demented...

Big Country looks mean though...

Just-N-Saine

Height: 6'2
Weight: 160 lbs
Finisher:
Titles Held: ROD Tag Team Championship, Case of Chance Winner 2014 — with Justin Presnell.

1610909_694539637324916_8007676585476398492_n.jpg

Hex

Banned
They need enhancement talent. They need guys that nobody has heard of on raw so you don't have people trying to start a groundswell of the Chuck Taylor's and Hugh Morris's getting main event pushes.

Remember the Jobbers they got to get the ascension over in 3 second matches? They should do that but longer matches and have teams no sell offense.

They do, but not on Raw.
It is kind of an insult to someone's intelligence to put star A against Frank Shenkitity who does not even get an entrance on their big weekly show.
"But they MIGHT pull an upset!" ...no. Yes we remember the 123 Kid but even that was telegraphed.
So they could put it on Main Event or Superstars, but that defeats the whole purpose really.

Heel

JT Allison

Height: 6'3
Weight: $500.000.000.00
Finisher:
Titles Held: ROD Tag Team Championship — with Joshua Tanner Allison.

11115759_694539597324920_4907324970790696436_n.jpg

Wait, there's a TNA PPV scheduled for this Sunday?!

TNA Bound for Glory

Ultimate X match for the Ultimate X Championship: Tigre Uno (c) vs. DJ Z vs. Andrew Everett vs. Manik

TNA World Tag Team Championship match: The Wolves vs. Brian Myers and Trevor Lee

TNA Women's Knockout Championship match: Gail Kim (c) vs. Awesome Kong

Gauntlet match for No. 1 Contender's title: Abyss vs. Aiden O'Shea vs. Chris Melendez vs. Eli Drake vs. Jessie Godderz vs. Mahabali Shera vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Robbie E vs. Tyrus

Kurt Angle vs. Eric Young

King of the Mountain Championship match: Bobby Roode (c) vs. Lashley

TNA World Heavyweight Championship match, Jeff Hardy is special guest referee: Ethan Carter III (c) vs. Drew Galloway vs. Matt Hardy

Heel

Big Country

Height: 6'4
Weight: 400 lbs
Finishing Move: Package Piledriver
Achievements: ROD Championship

20194_694539537324926_6006732819893038986_n.jpg

Meltzer saying bob Backlunds book is amazing. excited to read it

One of them was Backlund talking about how he beat Jumbo Tsuruta in an amateur match in the gym in Japan and even though he didn’t get a push, how everyone respected him for it.

e was in a car with Brisco, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Brisco and some others and they were speeding and smoking marijuana and Bob freaked out. While admitting to drinking beer, Bob wouldn’t touch recreational drugs and he actually at one point got out of the car and walked home, all night, rather than let them drive him home. The funny thing is that he was afraid they’d be pulled over and busted for speeding and pot and he’d be in the group. This was 1975, and they were in Atlanta, and Jim Barnett ran the territory, and he was in a car with Jack Brisco and Dusty Rhodes. They were not getting busted for speeding or marijuana possession if you understood who they were and who Barnett was.

Fox318

They do, but not on Raw.
It is kind of an insult to someone's intelligence to put star A against Frank Shenkitity who does not even get an entrance on their big weekly show.
"But they MIGHT pull an upset!" ...no. Yes we remember the 123 Kid but even that was telegraphed.
So they could put it on Main Event or Superstars, but that defeats the whole purpose really.

They have 3 hours.

Fucking put Adam Rose vs Roman Reigns and have Reigns cursh him.

Instead today WWE wants everyone to be a face and everyone to be a make a wish candidate. Now a certain group of people wouldn't want to boo rose because he is talented and his son.

Was Straight Edge Punk the last heel people wanted to kill? I mean people are jumping over the fence to attack the faces.

Owens is the closest thing to what WWE wants in a modern Heel but he gets just as many cheers.

Heel

Jonathan Warren

Height: 5'9
Weight: $ 500,000,000.00
Finisher: TKO, Emerald Fusion
Titles Held: ROD Tag Team Championship, ROD Championship — with Jonathan Baker.

10986839_694539610658252_8100694501149384489_n.jpg

bjork

Sir Johnathan Buffet looks like DDP and Dan Ryckert had a kid.

They do, but not on Raw.

If you're watching the show, you're already being insulted. The thing about jobber matches is that it used to make the dudes in PPV matches look strong, and it gave the PPV match a little more mystique since *sometimes* those guys hadn't fought before. It kept it from watering things down and for me at least, made me interested in the PPV. Nowadays I can just read reports, because how often does a match happen that hasn't already taken place at least 1-3x?

Sephzilla

They have 3 hours.

Fucking put Adam Rose vs Roman Reigns and have Reigns cursh him.

Instead today WWE wants everyone to be a face and everyone to be a make a wish candidate. Now a certain group of people wouldn't want to boo rose because he is talented and his son.

Was Straight Edge Punk the last heel people wanted to kill? I mean people are jumping over the fence to attack the faces.

Owens is the closest thing to what WWE wants in a modern Heel but he gets just as many cheers.

Straight Edge Punk or maybe Rated R Edge were probably the last really heelish heels. Also, maybe World Champ Miz?

Hex

Banned
I've also noticed a trend where WWE is crafting a narrative that John Cena is some sort of master backstage manipulator in order to further turn the fans against him. Why else would multiple divas be told to bring up the tired sexist talking point of "Nikki's success is owed to whom she sleeps with"

They brought it up because it is something that is out there that true or not has been an albatross that needs to be dealt with.
Does being with John Cena have anything to do with her success? I do not know, you do not know, nobody outside of some in the WWE would have any idea.
But especially after the streak breaking made it louder, it is better to nail it head on, as well as the Charlotte / Flair thing. Hit it head on, take control of it and move on.

Hex

Banned
Sir Johnathan Buffet looks like DDP and Dan Ryckert had a kid.

If you're watching the show, you're already being insulted. The thing about jobber matches is that it used to make the dudes in PPV matches look strong, and it gave the PPV match a little more mystique since *sometimes* those guys hadn't fought before. It kept it from watering things down and for me at least, made me interested in the PPV. Nowadays I can just read reports, because how often does a match happen that hasn't already taken place at least 1-3x?

Absolutely, they way it used to be is that they would fight the low and mid talent on Superstare and Monday night with maybe one solid main event (which actually made it a main event) and then you would get the real matches on Saturday Night's Main Event and PPVs.
You are right, that is when matches mattered and felt bigger and you did not have the same match thirty times.

bjork

Absolutely, they way it used to be is that they would fight the low and mid talent on Superstare and Monday night with maybe one solid main event (which actually made it a main event) and then you would get the real matches on Saturday Night's Main Event and PPVs.
You are right, that is when matches mattered and felt bigger and you did not have the same match thirty times.

So how do you integrate it into today's shows? There's enough time on-air for every single talent to have a squash match.

Cagey

Banned
My mechanic right now is telling me the tales of how he banged Sunny a few times back in high school.

This is amazing.

Fox318

Rollins really is a HHH type of Heel. He does flashy moves that gets him more over than the face and his heel tactics are insulting the sports team of whatever town he is in. Like HHH people are changing the channel.

Only difference with Rollins and HHH is that Rollins never beats anyone. Dean pinned him on SmackDown, Ryback beat him, Cena has pinned him clean.

A 56 year old man was the only win the dude has had in a while.

TNA trying to get that Super dragon Money

They announced a PPV taping for a One Night Only show called The Battle of New Orleans(BONO),

which takes place on 10/30 (no idea when it will air), with Angle vs. Young in a cage match, Kim vs. Kong for the Knockouts title in a cage match, Edwards & Richards vs. Carter III & Tyrus for the tag titles, Abyss vs. Robbie E in a Monster’s Ball match plus appearances by Jeff Hardy and Melendez.

Dion314

Neo Member

I love how La Parka clearly saw Goldberg focus attack that chair shot, say fuck it and dance anyway as if he already knows he's screwed and wanted to go out with a bang.

So funny how many people shit on Goldberg when, back then, I'm sure they were marking for him. He was great at what they needed him for: big strong squash machine.

Top Bottom