• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

bjork

So funny how many people shit on Goldberg when, back then, I'm sure they were marking for him. He was great at what they needed him for: big strong squash machine.

I can honestly say I never did. To be fair, I wasn't too big on a lot of what was going on in any of the big feds at the time, but Goldberg just never clicked with me from his first match on.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Goldberg was nothing more than an untrained hoss that bought into his own hype. No one actually likes him, they just pretend to like him.

RP912

Banned
Wait, there's a TNA PPV scheduled for this Sunday?!

TNA Bound for Glory

Ultimate X match for the Ultimate X Championship: Tigre Uno (c) vs. DJ Z vs. Andrew Everett vs. Manik

TNA World Tag Team Championship match: The Wolves vs. Brian Myers and Trevor Lee

TNA Women's Knockout Championship match: Gail Kim (c) vs. Awesome Kong

Gauntlet match for No. 1 Contender's title: Abyss vs. Aiden O'Shea vs. Chris Melendez vs. Eli Drake vs. Jessie Godderz vs. Mahabali Shera vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Robbie E vs. Tyrus

Kurt Angle vs. Eric Young

King of the Mountain Championship match: Bobby Roode (c) vs. Lashley

TNA World Heavyweight Championship match, Jeff Hardy is special guest referee: Ethan Carter III (c) vs. Drew Galloway vs. Matt Hardy

Why in the hell Hardy is a guest ref? Why the hell TNA didn't push advertisement for their "flagship" ppv?

Since TNA is pretty much DOA...you would think they bring back Monster Ball for the Roo/Lashley match...

bjork

You know, I used to know a dude called Big Country on another forum and he was into wrestling and training to do it. What if that was him?

Kornflayx

Just catching up on NXT and it's crazy that when you watch Raw, the "Diva's Revolution" is not getting over, but the people lose their shit when you announce a 30 Minute Iron Woman Match for Takeover.

Take some notes, main roster writers.

Fox318

lIj4n9V.jpg

"I give it a C-"

-Zach

Had Parents Night at my son's middle school last night, and met his counselor, who looks exactly like poor, broken-down 2015-era Bret Hart. Made me sad just watching him up on the stage.

KingBroly

Banned
Just catching up on NXT and it's crazy that when you watch Raw, the "Diva's Revolution" is not getting over, but the people lose their shit when you announce a 30 Minute Iron Woman Match for Takeover.

Take some notes, main roster writers.

They could do 3 minute vignettes about each girl and get them over better than what they're doing.

klonere

Banned
They could do 3 minute vignettes about each girl and get them over better than what they're doing.

Why they didn't show any of the Becky stuff from the Finn doc or the Charlotte/Cole interview or any sort of video packages apart from that small one before the title match.

I guess exposing your talent as much as possible is how they get over! Gotta get that brass ring!

Ithil

Look if you really think about it they've been holding Cena back for years. Dude will never win over ISEC or the rest of neckbeard masses while he's face. So despite all the work the dude puts in and strides he makes, chanting John Cena Sucks has just become a thing people do without any thought. This seems like a pretty deliberate decision made by the WWE to prevent Cena from ever getting too over, sure hes winning matches but dude is getting squashed.

Yes, WWE definitely wanted their top guy to be hated by half the audience. That's a thing they did on purpose.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've also noticed a trend where WWE is crafting a narrative that John Cena is some sort of master backstage manipulator in order to further turn the fans against him. Why else would multiple divas be told to bring up the tired sexist talking point of "Nikki's success is owed to whom she sleeps with"
This is because of WWE's tired approach of booking both to the masses and the smarks.

Aiii

So not worth it
I've also noticed a trend where WWE is crafting a narrative that John Cena is some sort of master backstage manipulator in order to further turn the fans against him. Why else would multiple divas be told to bring up the tired sexist talking point of "Nikki's success is owed to whom she sleeps with"

Because they're recycling AJ's storyline for Paige?

Sephzilla

If we apply #VinceLogic the whole "everyone bringing up that Nikki sleeps w/ Cena" thing is supposed to make the audience sympathetic to Nikki because everyone's being mean to Nikki and thinking she didn't earn any of this herself.

#RealLogic is that most of the audience goes "wait, Nikki is with Cena?" because that's the only time it's ever acknowledged outside of Total Divas.

DMczaf

The only thing that can top MS trying to re-introduce Kinect is if Nintendo reveals that their new console is called "The Nintendo Wii *insert subtitle here*"

Sephzilla

The only thing that can top MS trying to re-introduce Kinect is if Nintendo reveals that their new console is called "The Nintendo Wii *insert subtitle here*"

I would be legit shook if Nintendo tripled down on the Wii name after it's so clearly obvious that the Wii fad is dead. That being said I'd actually like the Wii-U tablet to be an optional peripheral for the next Nintendo system.

Top Bottom