• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

bjork

I would be legit shook if Nintendo tripled down on the Wii name after it's so clearly obvious that the Wii fad is dead. That being said I'd actually like the Wii-U tablet to be an optional peripheral for the next Nintendo system.

I would imagine it has to be if they want any sort of backwards compatibility. But I'd love to see some wild turn in a new direction, no idea what direction that would be. VR isn't it.

What if Vince McMahon ran Nintendo?

"Put Mario in everything, people love that guy."

Sephzilla

What if Vince McMahon ran Nintendo?

Nintendo would have bought out Sega and buried the fuck out of Sonic

I would imagine it has to be if they want any sort of backwards compatibility. But I'd love to see some wild turn in a new direction, no idea what direction that would be. VR isn't it.

Nintendo's new direction should be "lets just make a good simple powerful game console that doesn't rely on gimmicks and stupid shit to get over". Nintendo should just name their next system the "Mega Nintendo" and pitch it as the sequel to the SNES

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be a lot happier with video game talk in here if there was actually good discussion. Instead you people fail me. bjork is the most thoughtful of dudes, but we're only given one of him.

DMczaf

The last 2 Nintendo consoles were booked like a Russo PPV.

Wii = Survivor Series 1998. (Nailed it, success!)

Wii U = Bash at the Beach 2000 (...)

Sephzilla

You know what Nintendo needs in order to revitalize itself? A heel turn.

*Capcom announces they've been bought out by a mysterious group. Will reveal higher power at E3*

Nintendo - IT'S ME E3, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG. YOU NERDS WHO ABANDONED US NOW HAVE TO COME TO US FOR MEGA MAN, STREET FIGHTER, AND ALL THE REST. ALSO WE AREN'T SUPPORTING SHIT FOR STREET FIGHTER V AND WE WILL BE RELEASING STREET FIGHTER 6 IN 2016

Verendus

Banned
Super Nintendo= Wrestlemania 17

Nintendo 64= Wrestlemania 30
SNES is spot on since it was their peak.

N64 would be more like some B+ PPV no one really remembers except for crazy people. Wii would be Wrestlemania 21, and Wii U is probably December to Dismember 2006.

Sephzilla

outside of Zelda and Mario, the N64 is a fucking tragedy

647281-wcwnworevenge_na.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
when it comes to video game talk either give us your shitty fave five (because your opinions are simply wrong) and move on

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
when it comes to video game talk either give us your shitty fave five (because your opinions are simply wrong) and move on
When it comes to gaming talk, let's not have it in the "wrestling" thread because boy these gimmick posters just don't know when to stop.

RP912

Banned
N64 wishes it was that good

So business as usual for Capcpom

SNES is spot on since it was their peak.

N64 would be more like some B+ PPV no one really remembers except for crazy people. Wii would be Wrestlemania 21, and Wii U is probably December to Dismember 2006.

outside of Zelda and Mario, the N64 is a fucking tragedy

Wrestlemania 30 had Daniel Bryan going against Trips, Orton, and Batista in one night. Nintendo 64 had Mario 64 going against the top tier PS1 games.

1. Top Shop (PS1)
2. Dave Mirra BMX Freestyle 2 (PS2)
3. Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (Xbox)
4. Bushido Blade 2 (PS1)
5. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PS3)

Sephzilla

The N64 = WrestleMania 18. It's a solid show with a few pretty good standouts, it's just not as good as the superior predicessor

Sephzilla

FAV FIVE
1) Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
2) Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
3) Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
4) Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
5) Super Mario World (SNES)

I'd be a lot happier with video game talk in here if there was actually good discussion. Instead you people fail me. bjork is the most thoughtful of dudes, but we're only given one of him.

I think the point is that they're actively disinterested in good discussion. Did you notice all the gamers got riled up and started talking about their Nintendos as soon as I made a few salient points about the WWE.

Verendus

Banned
I had an idea for Barack and Reigns if WWE doesn't plan on doing their match at Wrasslin'Mania 32.

Roman Reigns enters number one in the Royal Rumble. Barack Lesnar enters number two. Essentially, it's a 60 minute match between the two, and in between they destroy (mostly Barack doing this) and eliminate the other competitors pretty. The ending results with both of them eliminating each other, or Barack eliminating Reigns.

Royal Rumbles these days are boring messes without any story in them anyway since it's a random hodge podge, so the story could be the unofficial rematch of Reigns vs. Lesnar, with a few big spots for each man to steamroll some other people thrown in.

Then Reigns can take the title at Fast Lane, and we get Barack vs. Reigns II anyway.

Solid plan if I say so myself.

FAV FIVE
1) Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
2) Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
3) Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
4) Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
5) Super Mario World (SNES)

I've only played FF7 legitimately when it comes to that list. The rest I've either never touched or tried for like 10 minutes

bjork

1. Sid Meier's Pirates! (C64)
2. Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II Plus (GC)
3. Berzerk (ARC)
4. Nights into Dreams (SAT)
5. Panzer Dragoon Saga (SAT)

RP912

Banned
Fav Five

1. Civilization 5 (PC)
2. Streets of Rage (Genesis)
3. WCW vs NWO Revenge (N64)
4. Star Fox (SNES)
5. WWF Raw (Game Gear)

Sephzilla

I had an idea for Barack and Reigns if WWE doesn't plan on doing their match at Wrasslin'Mania 32.

Roman Reigns enters number one in the Royal Rumble. Barack Lesnar enters number two. Essentially, it's a 60 minute match between the two, and in between they destroy (mostly Barack doing this) and eliminate the other competitors pretty. The ending results with both of them eliminating each other, or Barack eliminating Reigns.

Royal Rumbles these days are boring messes without any story in them anyway since it's a random hodge podge, so the story could be the unofficial rematch of Reigns vs. Lesnar, with a few big spots for each man to steamroll some other people thrown in.

Then Reigns can take the title at Fast Lane, and we get Barack vs. Reigns II anyway.

Solid plan if I say so myself.

.....I actually like this idea

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shitty Fave Fives are happening folks, tune in now.

Listen to me closely, folks. By LAW I can only say this once on this channel and then they're gonna shut me up so you gotta catch this the ONE time I throw this out there.

You can hear nerds talk about Final Fantasy 7. 8. AND 9 when you ask for a Shitty Fave Five. You'll get the PS1-era TRILOGY - A TRILOGY, people! People pretending these games were favorites! You can't get that on a conventional channel folks. People will bring up a bad Mario game. Not just 1. Not just 2. But people will throw in 3 and World. This kind of value is astronomical.

"Well Don, what if I don't like RPGs or platformers?" We have GOT YOU COVERED. With the Shitty WrassleGAF Shitty Fave Five Purple Bag, here's what you might get. You could get a character action game, folks! Can you Devil May Cry? 3?! This isn't sold in stores anymore, folks, not brand new. You have to pay eBay prices for this unless you want an HD remaster! This is the ORIGINAL RUN! Do you end up with this Purple Bag and it gives you some shitty wrestling game? Listen to the possibilities. WCW vs nWo. No Mercy. Wrestlemania 2000! Revenge?! Wrestlemania 2000 alone is worth two spots!

Holy christ, we're getting taken off the air. Before you go throw in the Fave Five Purple Bag and you get all those games - AN THE SANNA! We're out of time folks please order now!

Top Bottom