• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

DMczaf

CRqczRoXAAAK5GR.jpg

Their huge announcement is that they will be having The Great Khali die in the ring on their watch?

Then again, I said the same thing about Jeff Hardy and Angle...

Aiii

So not worth it
Apparently Khali is doing some superstar search that puts an Indian wrestler on the TNA roster.

Not sure why anyone would want a roster spot for a company with no TV-deal, but there you go.

DMczaf

Apparently Khali is doing some superstar search that puts an Indian wrestler on the TNA roster.

Not sure why anyone would want a roster spot for a company with no TV-deal, but there you go.

TNA is so broke they are going after the Indian labor market...

Aiii

So not worth it
Am I the only one hoping that Vince came around and we'll see the start of the Mania feud between Stone Cold and Lesnar tonight?

I mean, those five minutes of Austin and Heyman trying to get this match going had me pumped as hell.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, and then Stone Cold should become Sasha Banks' manager and go RASC on the Divas Revolution.

Tears will flow.

Aiii

So not worth it
¡HarlequinPanic!;182183064 said:
Angle looking straight up gleeful here.

He's actually trying his hardest to get up from his wheelchair, but they photoshopped that out of this picture.

Oh, and then Stone Cold should become Sasha Banks' manager and go RASC on the Divas Revolution.

Tears will flow.

Time to bring back Christy Hemme to be Real Ass Christy Hemme.

ROH's Glory by Honor XIV is this weekend.

Night 1, Friday, 10/23/15, Kalamazoo, Michigan
ROH World TV Championship: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Roderick Strong
ROH World Tag Team Championship: The Kingdom w/Maria Kanellis vs. The Addiction w/Chris Sabin
AJ Styles vs. Donovan Dijak w/Truth Martini
The Briscoes vs. The All Night Express
Adam Cole vs. Dalton Castle
Leah Von Dutch vs. Mary Dobson
Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser w/The Boys vs. War Machine
ACH vs. Cedric Alexander w/Veda Scott

Night 2, Saturday, 10/24/15, Dayton, Ohio

Jay Letha w/Truth Martini and The Kingdom w/Maria Kanellis vs. AJ Styles, ACH & Roderick Strong
War Machine vs. The Briscoes
Donovan Dijak w/Truth Martini vs. Michael Elgin
Adam Page w/BJ Whitmer vs. Cedric Alexander w/Veda Scott vs. Dalton Castle vs. Cliff Compton
Adam Cole vs. Will Ferrara
Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser w/The Boys vs. The All Night Express
Kelly Klein w/BJ Whitmer vs. Rae Linn

DMczaf

Make sure to play Natural Born Killers when you go in the garage to grab it, because you're a grown ass man, but you still keep it real as fuck.

Kornflayx

Why do you all want Austin to die? He's not going to take any suplexes from Brock and he's said that he doesn't want to come back if he can't go all out

Anth0ny

if austin cuts a real ass stone cold promo to brock tonight i'd lose my shit

that tease when heyman was on the podcast was so good. I don't even care if it's not happening at mania.

Why Beer City Bruiser gave up the classic indy wrestler name Dinn T. Moore, which would be a natural team with Cheeseburger, I'll never know.

fad6e582-8fe8-47d5-bf58-b1d0666172d1

hero_cheeseburger.png

That's a money team right there.

klonere

Banned
if austin cuts a real ass stone cold promo to brock tonight i'd lose my shit

that tease when heyman was on the podcast was so good. I don't even care if it's not happening at mania.

"I tell you hwat the booking is TRASH, nobody don't know howta WRASSLE no more and gat DAMN why ain't the DDT a big move no more SON?"

and then Steve becomes Raw GM leading WWE into a new boom period and everyone lived happily ever after

imBask

Banned
a lot of you guys were still defending Kane last week, i'm glad you came to your senses now that the PPV is just around the corner and the TITLE MATCH INVOLVES MOTHERFUCKING KANE

SZ1Uc0Y.png

Main event stars in the WWE, 2015.

Your next WWE World Champion and the Slayer of the Beast, folks.

From Maffew's Twitter:
Biff Kensington III said:
File this away in the LOLWWE category: so the stipulation for the World Title match on Sunday is that if Kane loses, he's no longer the Director of Operations, a title that no one really cares about. But check this: Kane has actually been doing a really good job with this split personality role, so much so that he's entertaining when doing his Bull Shannon routine (and ungodly terrible when going as Demon Kane). So the WWE sets up a scenario where one of three things happens, and all of them are dumb: either they kill off Korporate Kane just as it's getting good and leave us with Demon Kane, they find a way to work around the stipulation like they always do and just make Sunday pointless, or they actually put the World Title on Kane.

That my friends is the definition of 'no win situation'. This on top of the fact that it's 2015 and KANE IS CHALLENGING FOR THE WWE TITLE.

a lot of you guys were still defending Kane last week, i'm glad you came to your senses now that the PPV is just around the corner and the TITLE MATCH INVOLVES MOTHERFUCKING KANE

fpR0IOQ.gif

KANE

64mpH.gif

IN

nshFS.gif

2015!

Put the belt on him for the love of all that is stupid and moronic, the fallout will be worth it.

Speaking of "in 2015"...
Would it be safe to say that this may well be the weakest year for WWE since the doldrums of 2008/2009? I'm struggling to think of any strong moments from this year and I ain't counting NXT.

Rollins cash in at mania was great at the time (well as great as a cash in can be after being driven into the ground) but seeing the miserable reign it's led to I find that takes all the wind out of those sails.

Zach

You guys should get over having your wrists slapped for calling Owens fat or go elsewhere. I mean, you know I love you, Data, but move on.

Recall

I don't have a problem with Kane in the main event if they actually did something worthwhile, like it all had a greater point.

24 hour Kane title reign, just like old times.

Almost like old times, except where as the Raw afterwards back then consisted of a red hot crowd for Austin getting the belt back I'd expect a murmur of indifference here as we'd get something like Sheamus running down and only when we see the case we remember "oh yeah, that's the MitB guy this year".

Coming to think of it I'm not sure which is actually more futile, pushing Kane main events in 2015 or still trying to make Sheamus become a thing people care about.
(don't get me wrong, he has good ring work but for me he's reaching Del Rio levels of "it ain't happening, please stop".

Anth0ny

Speaking of "in 2015"...
Would it be safe to say that this may well be the weakest year for WWE since the doldrums of 2008/2009? I'm struggling to think of any strong moments from this year and I ain't counting NXT.

Rollins cash in at mania was great at the time (well as great as a cash in can be after being driven into the ground) but seeing the miserable reign it's led to I find that takes all the wind out of those sails.

yeah this year has been the absolute shits. wrestlemania was a fun watch, that 3 way at the rumble was great, the entire crowd shitting on reigns at the end of the rumble was certainly "memorable"... but that's about all that comes to mind.

I actually wouldn't mind that. capitalize on that attitude era nostalgia lol

Cagey

Banned

I demand a red carpet ring ceremony with the belt in a case just like the first one, except Kane is in full corporate Kane mode.

Seth may or may not appear with a truck full of whatever overpriced bullshit CrossFitters drink.

imBask

Banned
Speaking of "in 2015"...

it's the weakest year since WCW 2000

Top Bottom