• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

meh, I don't HATE Ambrose, just like I don't HATE Bayley, I just don't like their characters. Ambrose is the CUHHHRAAAYZE one ohohohoho! and it's really boring... it got old super fast

his matches against rollins were great, but the storyline went in a dumb direction and died the instant he became the Mustard Spraying Joker

I am glad you have let the POWER OF POSITIVITY soften your heart, friend

klonere

Banned
meh, I don't HATE Ambrose, just like I don't HATE Bayley, I just don't like their characters. Ambrose is the CUHHHRAAAYZE one ohohohoho! and it's really boring... it got old super fast

his matches against rollins were great, but the storyline went in a dumb direction and died the instant he became the Mustard Spraying Joker

Yeah your right on his character during the Rollins feud going awful fast.

Booked right he's face of the company.

Same

I love Austin

The intensity is off the charts. Austin is just so damn hungry for that spot at the top.

imBask

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;182198679 said:
I am glad you have let the POWER OF POSITIVITY soften your heart, friend

the ironman match proved to me that Bayley could put on really good matches consistently, I respect that

I still think she has the worst gimmick in the WWE, and that she'll never ever make it in the main roster because of #lolDivasRevolution

Yeah your right on his character during the Rollins feud going awful fast.

Booked right he's face of the company

he's not alone in that situation

DMczaf

The intensity is off the charts. Austin is just so damn hungry for that spot at the top.

Motherfucker broke his DAMN neck and he powered through the next year and a half just off of a pure hunger.

He was almost at the mountain top and no DAMN broken neck was going to stop him!

YOU TRASH!

the ironman match proved to me that Bayley could put on really good matches consistently, I respect that

I still think she has the worst gimmick in the WWE, and that she'll never ever make it in the main roster because of #lolDivasRevolution

he's not alone in that situation

fair enough, but I assume they're moving Bayley towards a relatively more serious competitor than her hugz gimmick

you're not wrong about Ambrose, I don't really see him being THE GUY, but it's kind of undeniable that he gets insane reactions, which in this era is saying something, so why not give him the title?

Basically when discussing potential World Champs you can always come down to "Rollins got the title" and therefore anyone is eligible now.

Recall

Getting to the main roster must be great for a pay increase but the NXT track record is quite hit and miss of you being used to your fullest either from the get go or eventually.

I still hope Neville get his storyline spotlight beyond I can do a cool aerial move.

Once Vince gives HHH/Steph full reign will we finally see man v woman matches? Sasha Banks winning the WWE Championship might be exactly what this company needs.

imBask

Banned
fair enough, but I assume they're moving Bayley towards a relatively more serious competitor than her hugz gimmick

you're not wrong about Ambrose, I don't really see him being THE GUY, but it's kind of undeniable that he gets insane reactions, which in this era is saying something, so why not give him the title?

Basically when discussing potential World Champs you can always come down to "Rollins got the title" and therefore anyone is eligible now.

The only gimmick allowed on the main roster for divas is "Catty jealous girl rawr" so forget about it

klonere

Banned

The thing is who on the roster can survive Rollins booking?

It'd be very entertaining to see Cena lose to everyone all the time.

He is not advertised for Raw, only his podcast.

Ah disappointing. Still hoping for a very interesting podcast out of the two guys.

It's crazy to me that we have women wrestlers fighting their male counterparts in the middle east, of all places, and WWE is behind on this concept.

Sasha needs to be the first person to break history. It's what she's wanted as a kid and she's as qualified as anyone to do it.

Sasha vs Brock for the strap at Mania if Vince wants to set some records.

He is not advertised for Raw, only his podcast.

When they initially announced this Raw as being "Legends night" they advertised Austin for Raw and the podcast. And he's being advertised locally to sell tickets. And he won't be on Raw now from all indications. On the list of shitty things WWE does, advertising someone to sell tickets and then not having them on the show is pretty high.

Tanking for what?

Do TV shows get the #1 pick if they have the lowest ratings???

We're tanking to get Dunn out. He's lost all of his scapegoats by all indications.

Stop with this Man vs Woman stuff.

The real question is when will men break into the AssBiz?

Iou6Os1.gif

3878d9a991a799ca138fd54fe5f91f78.jpg

iSUFXsS.gif

Just change his name to Entemann's, cause Cena's got cakes.

DMczaf

When they initially announced this Raw as being "Legends night" they advertised Austin for Raw and the podcast. And he's being advertised locally to sell tickets. And he won't be on Raw now from all indications. On the list of shitty things WWE does, advertising someone to sell tickets and then not having them on the show is pretty high.

Vince is going back to what got him to the dance.

Carnies are at their most dangerous when their backs are against the wall.

I would think Cena has to drop the belt tonight, because he would have to have his rematch at HiaC. But then again, I think it was last week that either Meltzer or Alvarez mentioned that the latest for Cena at HiaC was that he'd be doing an open challenge there. He's not on Raw next week, so maybe they'll just hold the rematch until he gets back. But then they'd have to find a way to write him off because it'd make no sense for him to lose once then leave for two months. I guess they could keep the belt on him in theory, but two months is a long time to go with the title not appearing on TV.

Edit: Wait, what if Strowman beats Orton and Ambrose, then takes out Cena? That would make that match being on the pre-show make more sense. Could that be it?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would think Cena has to drop the belt tonight, because he would have to have his rematch at HiaC. But then again, I think it was last week that either Meltzer or Alvarez mentioned that the latest for Cena at HiaC was that he'd be doing an open challenge there. He's not on Raw next week, so maybe they'll just hold the rematch until he gets back. But then they'd have to find a way to write him off because it'd make no sense for him to lose once then leave for two months. I guess they could keep the belt on him in theory, but two months is a long time to go with the title not appearing on TV.

Wait, what if Strowman beats Orton and Ambrose, then takes out Cena? That would that match being on the pre-show make more sense. Could that be it?

I can only assume he'll suffer a kayfabe injury? ...and then come back and win the Royal Rumble ugh.

But I don't know, the Raw after HIAC is here in SD and they're advertising Cena for the show in some kind of tag match so I guess he's still wrestling.

Aiii

So not worth it
This Sunday, Hell in a Cell. Got my tickets ready. I'll be there live. Very excited to be going.

I'm sure you'll have fun.

In the meantime I'm fairly sure I'm just not gonna watch it at all. I must agree with the previous page, WWE is ice cold right now.

I really wanted to see Breeze be world champion in NXT.

Have lackeys carry him out on a throne. Beautify the ring with flowers and feathers. Decorate the dull NXT title with jewels. Watch matches at ringside on a bed while being fed grapes. Have an uggo cam for Full Sail.

He can't leave NXT without maximizing his character :(

Recall

Were there any bloody WCW batches post 1994? I remember WWF using blood to great effect over the years but don't really recall WCW doing much with it beyond green ooze.

Sephzilla

I honestly don't want Breeze getting promoted. He needs an NXT title run first and honestly you know the main show creative team is going to fuck up everything. Granted, I'm also getting sick of seeing Breeze job out to everyone on NXT.

Colocho

Banned
I really wanted to see Breeze be world champion in NXT.

Have lackeys carry him out on a throne. Beautify the ring with flowers and feathers. Decorate the dull NXT title with jewels. Watch matches at ringside on a bed while being fed grapes. Have an uggo cam for Full Sail.

He can't leave NXT without maximizing his character :(

I agree, I don't think putting the belt on Balor was a good idea since he's done nothing with it and it sort of takes away from his demon gimmick.

Breeze as champion would've been great mostly for all the things you mentioned.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Were there any bloody WCW batches post 1994? I remember WWF using blood to great effect over the years but don't really recall WCW doing much with it beyond green ooze.

Nope. Other than a few Flair blade jobs. Never needed it.

and the Kiss Demon. If you want to count that. I don't.

Sephzilla

I'm probably in the minority with this but I actually think Breeze's gimmick can survive on the main show a lot better than Bo Dallas, Fandango, or Adam Rose did. Breeze seems a lot more in tune with his character and it comes off as a lot more genuine. Fandango never felt like the right gimmick for Johnny Curtis, and the Adam Rose gimmick always felt fake and forced as fuck. Bo's gimmick would only work on a small scale level like Full Sail.

Plus lets be honest, his Mania entrance
if he gets there
will be fucking awesome.

Top Bottom