• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I had an idea for Barack and Reigns if WWE doesn't plan on doing their match at Wrasslin'Mania 32.

Roman Reigns enters number one in the Royal Rumble. Barack Lesnar enters number two. Essentially, it's a 60 minute match between the two, and in between they destroy (mostly Barack doing this) and eliminate the other competitors pretty. The ending results with both of them eliminating each other, or Barack eliminating Reigns.

Royal Rumbles these days are boring messes without any story in them anyway since it's a random hodge podge, so the story could be the unofficial rematch of Reigns vs. Lesnar, with a few big spots for each man to steamroll some other people thrown in.

Then Reigns can take the title at Fast Lane, and we get Barack vs. Reigns II anyway.

Solid plan if I say so myself.
OkubxbG.gif

Wow, that Zangief reveal. Shit looks fucking awful, I already hated what they did with him in IV and V looks to heap more bullshit on-top of what was already a pretty fucking ruined character. Kinda glad there's no 3s characters in this yet, because I'd only get annoyed at how awful they play compared to their 3s counterparts.

Sephzilla

Sunny is either doubling down on the gimmick trolling or someone shit in his cereal this morning

it's Mario 3 but polished, prettier and with better controls... actually it's just better in every way

If the cape wasn't so broken you could skip a bunch of levels with it, I'd agree with you. But that, plus the game generally being easier, and it actually having fewer levels than Mario 3 bump it down

Recall

Fav Five:

1) Vandal Hearts (PS1)
2) Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PS1)
3) Streets of Rage 2 (Mega Drive)
4) Fire Pro Wrestling D (Dreamcast)
5) Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen (Xbox 360)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny is either doubling down on the gimmick trolling or someone shit in his cereal this morning

It's Don West.

Also everyone's Fave Fives all suck eggs. Ovary eggs. We shouldn't even post them anymore. The shine has faded. Everything is dull.

bjork

it's Mario 3 but polished, prettier and with better controls... actually it's just better in every way

Mario 3 got it on impact. That was the biggest thing around when it hit. Mario World had more of a "well of course this would come with their new machine" thing to it, even if the game is amazing. Early example of gamer entitlement etc

Vandal Hearts is good, my dad loved that game. Oddly enough my dad would randomly get into obscure games like that and Alundra

I told him I was The Big Dog™ around here

Sephzilla

I've only played FF7 legitimately when it comes to that list. The rest I've either never touched or tried for like 10 minutes

If you like platformers at all I'd recommend giving Mario 3 and World a shot. 25+ years later other companies still struggle making platformers as good as them

I hope I live to see robots wrestle.

When Robotkind takes a bump from the top of the Hell in a Cell cage, Cyborg Jim Ross can say that Robotkind was literally broken in half.

imBask

Banned
It's Don West.

Also everyone's Fave Fives all suck eggs. Ovary eggs. We shouldn't even post them anymore. The shine has faded. Everything is dull.

I think you're letting current wrestling's terribleness influence your general attitude, always remember that wrestling is just entertainment folks

Somebody better have Cities Skylines on their top 5 by the end of this year or it's hell to pay
LLShC.gif

Cities in is my top 5 of 2015 that's for suuuuuure

although I gotta say that $16 DLC feels kinda scummy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you'll never see another fave five involving video games from me. I hope to lead by example and have others renounce this gamefaqs-level discussion that we have fallen into. Hell, I used to encourage it, thinking we had interesting opinions. I realize I was wrong.

tm24

Wow, that Zangief reveal. Shit looks fucking awful, I already hated what they did with him in IV and V looks to heap more bullshit on-top of what was already a pretty fucking ruined character. Kinda glad there's no 3s characters in this yet, because I'd only get annoyed at how awful they play compared to their 3s counterparts.

Bootaaay, we dont disagree a lot, but man, that Zangief reveal was hype. Zangief looks great.

Sephzilla

you'll never see another fave five involving video games from me. I hope to lead by example and have others renounce this gamefaqs-level discussion that we have fallen into. Hell, I used to encourage it, thinking we had interesting opinions. I realize I was wrong.

nobody likes what i like = bad opinions

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot IndyPosterThursday!!

CPfXM0tWUAErT-w.jpg

What a strange hook...pretty nice

Went back over some of your old posts, did you? :p

No because I'm not wrong. Just regret what this has done.

for what it's worth, the original Doom is the best shooter of all time. Simply perfect.

nobody likes what i like = bad opinions

Lots of dumbfucks enjoyed the recent Transformers movies, they're idiots though and the movie is trash

Verendus

Banned
.....I actually like this idea
Of course you do. There's actually a story.

Everyone always ends up thinking the Royal Rumble is disappointing now because WWE has no storylines ongoing, so the the match itself feels like a random mess without any clear structure. With this, you have a clear structure and story. You can still put in a bunch of spots with the rest of the jobbers on the roster, but it won't detract from the overall match and you have a good story running through it.

25 out of the 30 people in that match are genuinely just going to waste time, and do nothing to make it any better, and WWE seems to actively avoid booking any structure into these matches for the past several years.

This Rumble is more than likely going to be as crap as the last five because there's nothing going on. I'm kind of hoping they can quick fix it like this.

Look at this roster:

Reigns
Ambrose
Wyatt
Orton
Cena

That's five people. Everyone else is obviously going to get the jobber treatment, and mean next to nothing anyway with nothing of importance going on. Insert Brock, make the Reigns story, and do a few spots. I bet it'll be the best Rumble since 2008.

You could have Lesnar confront that big baby the Wyatts have now, as well as someone like Cesaro. Reigns could take out Cena, and maybe someone like Rusev. That way, at least some guys like Rusev get some solid moments too. You could have several interesting moments. It establishes a nice structure too. Lesnar is never facing half of these people, but we can get some nuggets from this match.

There is a killing machine in that ring. It's called Barack Lesnar. You must stop it. And Reigns is put through the grinder once more. There'll be even more story for their inevitable rematch then.

RP912

Banned
Cities in is my top 5 of 2015 that's for suuuuuure

although I gotta say that $16 DLC feels kinda scummy

Yeah...I felt some type of way paying 15 dollars for fixes and addons that add up to 9.99 at most.

No complaints though...the night time make my European city look gorgeous.

Bootaaay, we dont disagree a lot, but man, that Zangief reveal was hype. Zangief looks great.

Ehhhhh. Too many moves that clumsily absorb damage, looks visually awful and just adds another bullshit, irritating wrinkle to one of my most hated characters in the game.

Remember when Capcom had the balls to release a Street Fighter with only a handful of old characters? Now they just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poster looks early 90s as fuck.

I'll get a ticket for it.

The poster makes it look like their venue smells like a brand new house, like freshly cut lumber and new paint.

It won't, but it suggests that kind of smell.

Sephzilla

SON OF A BITCH I FORGOT TO PUT MEGA MAN X IN MY FAV FIVE

I think with this years Rumble you could get a few stories going on in the show. I think they're easily set up to bring back Sami to feud with Owens and the Rumble could start that off. I fucking love your Roman/Brock idea. New Day will have some fun stuff going on in the match I bet.

Mizerman

I had an idea for Barack and Reigns if WWE doesn't plan on doing their match at Wrasslin'Mania 32.

Roman Reigns enters number one in the Royal Rumble. Barack Lesnar enters number two. Essentially, it's a 60 minute match between the two, and in between they destroy (mostly Barack doing this) and eliminate the other competitors pretty. The ending results with both of them eliminating each other, or Barack eliminating Reigns.

Royal Rumbles these days are boring messes without any story in them anyway since it's a random hodge podge, so the story could be the unofficial rematch of Reigns vs. Lesnar, with a few big spots for each man to steamroll some other people thrown in.

Then Reigns can take the title at Fast Lane, and we get Barack vs. Reigns II anyway.

Solid plan if I say so myself.

Hmm...I wouldn't mind this.

jmdajr

Tried to like Doom but couldn't. Too much motion sickness. Quake. Unreal. No thanks.

Halo finally slowed things down for me in order to give FPS a chance.

Unreal Tournament was the fucking shit, I kinda wish we could go back to those simpler times - LAN cafes, remember those? Ah, so many hours wasted playing Counterstrike and UT :)

Boots sit down
SFV is hot fire

I wouldn't know, Capcom Europe didn't send me an invite to the beta - my friend got one though. My friend who refuses to play online. Like, at all. Sure hope Capcom collected some useful data from him, lol.

Seems like a faster-paced, less clunky SFIV from the videos but it still looks like the bastard offspring of SFIV, the worst main SF game in the series.

bjork

I wouldn't know, Capcom Europe didn't send me an invite to the beta - my friend got one though. My friend who refuses to play online. Like, at all. Sure hope Capcom collected some useful data from him, lol.

Seems like a faster-paced, less clunky SFIV from the videos but it still looks like the bastard offspring of SFIV, the worst main SF game in the series.

Worse than 1? You're a fairly level-headed fellow but come now.

You liked Halo more because Halo 1 > every Doom

You're a bad person.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we need good and evil versions of ALL wrestlers, but make them as pronounced as the gear adjustment that Emma had.

I think we need good and evil versions of ALL wrestlers, but make them as pronounced as the gear adjustment that Emma had.

There are no more black and white characters, Sunny, only shades of grey.

What would an evil Paige even look like? Full chav, calling the other women horrendous names constantly?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There are no more black and white characters, Sunny, only shades of grey.

What would an evil Paige even look like? Full chav, calling the other women horrendous names constantly?

I thought she was Evil Paige.

Top Bottom