• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

jmdajr

It's time guys.

51511_CSR_Komen_970x431_EP_Large.jpg

HEELS and FACES... Rise Above!

Ithil

We will give 10% of the proceeds of this merch to the company that will put 10% of that 10% into some cancer research.

Pink ropes.

jmdajr

We will give 10% of the proceeds of this merch to the company that will put 10% of that 10% into some cancer research.

Pink ropes.

I did a Cancer walk for the last couple of years. So I found out zero of my entry fee went to research or help folks with cancer.

ZERO.

TraBuch

Banned
Are WWE storylines and Total Diva storylines connected or are they in their own little universe? Like...Should the fact that Ziggler is trying to fuck Nikki Bella on Total Dvivas be something that Lana knows about on WWE shows?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I did some digging to see if an Indie Wrestling scene was to be found anywhere on my home turf, Dubai...

Found http://www.dubaiprowrestling.com/ and http://dwe-me.com/

First female pro wrestler raging war against her male counter-parts here

The show opened with a respectable contest between The Arabian Knight and Sala Quicksilver. Both men were able to shake hands before and after the match but it was Arabian Knight who scored the pin fall on the reversal of a sunset flip.

Following the first match was Majid Hash vs Blue Lightning. Majid made his way to the ring in his flashy red jacket, scarf, and sunglasses as if he was fresh off the set of one of his Lollywood films. Blue Lightning while still making his entrance was attacked from behind, giving Majid the early advantage. It was not looking good for Blue Lightning when in a flash, he was able to turn the tide on Majid. Still, it was not enough and the early advantage helped set up Majid's victory.

New trainees Saeed and Nishad were up next. Saeed with the size and strength advantage towered over Nishad. Nishad showed heart and gave his best effort but could not bring down Saeed who forced Nishad to tap out via Torture Rack.

Undefeated Savage Sam was set to take on Asero and although The Savage was considered the favorite to win, Asero had the potential to break his streak. Asero came out with a flurry of martial arts kick and was the first to bring down Savage Sam and nearly get the pinfall. But Sam remains undefeated after hitting his signature choke slam that ended the contest.

I miss write-ups like this. That's really interesting.

tm24

Ehhhhh. Too many moves that clumsily absorb damage, looks visually awful and just adds another bullshit, irritating wrinkle to one of my most hated characters in the game.

Remember when Capcom had the balls to release a Street Fighter with only a handful of old characters? Now they just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Considering how fast the game is, that bullshit doesnt seem as clumsy as it seems

Ithil

Oh, are we back to the time of the year where only Cena gets to wear pink?

I'll never forget Cena insinuating that Dolph must be gay or a woman in a promo, because he wore pink, then the following October only Cena wore pink (Sandow mysteriously changed to purple for the month) and of course claimed that "Real men wear pink".

I'll never forget Cena insinuating that Dolph must be gay or a woman in a promo, because he wore pink, then the following October only Cena wore pink (Sandow mysteriously changed to purple for the month) and of course claimed that "Real men wear pink".

Cena being a dick? NO WAY, PAL!

Then they wonder why the audience doesn't buy him as the goody two shoes babyface.

imBask

Banned
don't get involved in a heated gun restriction debate because of the shooting, wouldn't wanna see fellow wrassleGAF friends get banned

Recall

Randy Savage was pretty selfless at times in WCW. Out of all the old guard he always seemed willing to be one who takes the fall making for a pretty great Savage v DDP feud in 97 and in turn turning DDP into a main eventer.

That WCW took 2 years to capatalise on and in turn giving DDP the title way too late to matter :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Randy Savage was pretty selfless at times in WCW. Out of all the old guard he always seemed willing to be one who takes the fall making for a pretty great Savage v DDP feud in 97 and in turn turning DDP into a main eventer.

That WCW took 2 years to capatalise on and in turn giving DDP the title way too late to matter :/

Almost all I've ever heard out of Savage (especially when DDP talks about him) is that he wanted to put people over as much as possible.

Recall

Almost all I've ever heard out of Savage (especially when DDP talks about him) is that he wanted to put people over as much as possible.

When DDP won the title at Spring Stampede 1999 it seemed fitting it was Savage who was there to make sure DDP got his victory.

Heel

Interesting development in gaming news, Humble Bundle is now being headed by Don West.

I tell ya what we're gonna do.

(in a hushed tone, to an unknown entity off camera) ...really? At that price? I...well, it's on them...

Folks...get on the website. Get onnnn the website, right now. Be surfin', gang.

If you order right now.

I can't believe this.

If you order right now, we're throwin' in FEZ. I didn't stutter. We're throwin' in FEZ.

We got World of Goo
Super Meat Boy
BIT. TRIP RUNNER
ANNNNNNNNNN THE FEZ

Mizerman

Join the Roman Empire, the Roman Legion.

This is the future of this industry. People just haven't learned to accept it yet, but they will. They always do in the end.

Let's not get too crazy, friend.

I wouldn't mind that program you wrote up, but I'm not 100% on board with Reigns just yet. Hell, I'm not even at 50%.

Sephzilla

I left you a spot on the Roman Reigns War Wagon, friend.

Thank you, friend!

I still think his WM31 push was way too premature, but they guy has shown legit improvement after Mania and I'm getting to the point where I'd be okay with him getting another push. Dude needs to bring back the more savage looking spear he had in his shield days though.

Dion314

Neo Member
I've warmed up to Roman.

I don't know if I was ever really down on HIM so much as I was down on the way they booked and, subsequently, fucked him over royally in the process.

He is a clear case of them not understanding how to build stars in this modern state of the business.

Top Bottom