• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

lmao, this was secretly the best part of the interview. You could see Austin trying to hold back his inner wrasslin geek when Brock was just giving honest answers about not really caring about that side of This Business™

Austin's at this weird nexus where he grew up in an era where guys really did look at the crowd as marks, as people to be exploited for cash, so he's probably used to the mentality, but he was so surrounded by great wrestling during his life that he can't help but be frustrated when others don't love it as much as him.

Honestly, I think he could do wonders if he got some NJPW guys on his show. Doesn't Okada speak English? How about Nakamura?

DMczaf

I think Brock killed Austin's return fire.

It was like watching a kid find out Santa wasn't real when Brock was burying Wrestlemania.

I think Brock killed Austin's return fire.

It was like watching a kid find out Santa wasn't real when Brock was burying Wrestlemania.
Lol yeah

Stone Cold: Are you a wrestler or a sports entertainer?

Brock: Is there a difference?

You could see Stone Child dying a bit inside with every nonchalant Brock answer.

I wonder if wannabe Taker and poser Brock are going to try and upstage the main event on Sunday. They can't, but I just wanna see if they'll try.

Lol yeah

Stone Cold: Are you a wrestler or a sports entertainer?

Brock: Is there a difference?

You could see Stone Child dying a bit inside with every nonchalant Brock answer.

ahahaha stone child

stone child is dying with every 'look steve, uh, i just put the money in my bank account and i go home'

brock we've gotta do a little business here

'right uh, okay. so undertaker you cost me my championship, and that, uh pisses me off i guess'

THAT'LL DO CUT THE SHOW AUGH HELL YEAH *cries at a beer*

ahahaha stone child

stone child is dying with every 'look steve, uh, i just put the money in my bank account and i go home'

brock we've gotta do a little business here

'right uh, okay. so undertaker you cost me my championship, and that, uh pisses me off i guess'

THAT'LL DO CUT THE SHOW AUGH HELL YEAH *cries at a beer*
Lol even auto correct is breaking Austin's heart tonight.

Did they really try and have a therapy session with Roman and Bray? The dude's very obvious weakness is his mic skills and they keep giving him long ass monologues.

DMczaf

12144080_497587023749589_158453688_n.jpg

MC Safety

It was pretty ridiculous to hear Brock try and hype his match this Sunday when he'd just spoken for about an hour about his general disinterest.

The guy's even a part-time interview.

hamchan

Just watched the Dudleyz and Cena attack the New Day after New Day legitimately won the match against them. I can't tell who the faces are anymore.

VoxPop

So for whatever reason, I ended up watching this little gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hcKjU2Y3YI

It was a great promo between the two and HHH held his own. So I was interested on what actually happened at the PPV following this promo so I looked it up.

HHH defeated CM Punk

LOL. Way to bury the hottest talent they got at the time. Not even by an active wrestler to boot. But the funniest thing I read was the aftermath.

The following night on Raw, Triple H announced the first ever Triple Threat Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship with John Cena defending the title against Alberto Del Rio, who was granted his rematch clause after losing the title at Night of Champions and CM Punk, who never got his rematch. Del Rio won the match after pinning Punk after hitting him with a lead pipe and locking Cena out of the cell. The Miz and R-Truth attacked the three after the match. A few weeks later, Triple H fired Miz and Truth. John Laurinaitis rehired Miz and Truth and Miz and Truth defeated the team of Triple H and CM Punk at Vengeance after interference by Kevin Nash.

WUT LOL

Vylash

It was a great promo between the two and HHH held his own. So I was interested on what actually happened at the PPV following this promo so I looked it up.

HHH defeated CM Punk

LOL. Way to bury the hottest talent they got at the time. Not even by an active wrestler to boot. But the funniest thing I read was the aftermath.

The following night on Raw, Triple H announced the first ever Triple Threat Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship with John Cena defending the title against Alberto Del Rio, who was granted his rematch clause after losing the title at Night of Champions and CM Punk, who never got his rematch. Del Rio won the match after pinning Punk after hitting him with a lead pipe and locking Cena out of the cell. The Miz and R-Truth attacked the three after the match. A few weeks later, Triple H fired Miz and Truth. John Laurinaitis rehired Miz and Truth and Miz and Truth defeated the team of Triple H and CM Punk at Vengeance after interference by Kevin Nash.

WUT LOL
the months following punk winning the title in chicago were a concentrated effort to destroy him

HHH defeated CM Punk

WUT LOL

BOW DOWN TO THE
BOW DOWN TO THE KING

cip6d4m.gif

zychi

Banned

HHH defeated CM Punk

WUT LOL
This is why i dont even care that Raw is on tv anymore.
I watch nxt and put the ppvs on in the background.

If Cena doesnt ruin a hot character, HHH does. Vince is stuck in pre-wcw era again, and needs competition on at the same time. Im convinced if wcw didnt exist wwe would have folded by now

I normally like the Stone Cold podcasts but I though he did a bad job with Brock. I know Brock is not the most eloquent/open guy but Steve keeps cutting him off, going on weird tangents and his questions are all over the place chronologically. You can also tell Steve doesn't really respect Brock because he's not a true carny.

KingBroly

Banned
Seems like typical WWE face behavior to me.
All WWE faces are jerks.

HHH's WWE

HHH sees himself as a face, but is in reality a heel

Therefore, by his standard, all faces are heels

Except HHH, who needs to be put over constantly and consistently, even in spite of dwindling ratings.

In fact, I say we go with Vince's original plan and push Big E as the new face of WWE instead of Reigns.

LOL at WWE trotting out Austin, HBK and Flair in desperate bids to pop ratings. Rowan just coming back like a total after thought, just like the way he left after the injury.

UberTag

LOL at WWE trotting out Austin, HBK and Flair in desperate bids to pop ratings. Rowan just coming back like a total after thought, just like the way he left after the injury.
Is he still a genius vintner that likes to play chess while wearing his sheep mask?

tumblr_ngpasciknj1qeiy6vo1_500.png

Brock talking about the wrestling business and giving no fucks is hilarious and awesome.

Pretty much every wrestler who became a top star lives and breathes the business, then you have Brock.

Austin: So about main eventing Wrestlemania 20-

Brock: I don't give a shit

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This entire episode was a series of things that should have had some kind of explanation, except we didn't get it. Like it wasn't the worst episode I've ever seen, but it was definitely one of the most random, disjointed ones.

The Shield get back together, but it makes basically no sense and is a huge waste of something that should have been cool. For some reason Kane isn't on the show despite his story with Rollins being literally the main storyline. Rowan is back, but they don't even mention it for like 5 minutes and its just like two sentences. Cena isn't even given a legitimate storyline going into HIAC, he's going to fight a completely random opponent, which isn't likely to be anyone interesting since anyone who'd sell a few subs would have been announced in advance.

And Stone Cold is there but vanishes midsegment so the Undertaker can deliver 10 seconds of dialogue and 8 minutes of entrance. And then HBK is there for no apparent reason and delivers a speech about stealing children's pizza and god knows what else.

Seriously, did Kane, Harper and Orton get thrown in a mexican prison or something?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I normally like the Stone Cold podcasts but I though he did a bad job with Brock. I know Brock is not the most eloquent/open guy but Steve keeps cutting him off, going on weird tangents and his questions are all over the place chronologically. You can also tell Steve doesn't really respect Brock because he's not a true carny.

Hasn't Brock basically always been like this?

Top Bottom