• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Zach

Welcome, Mr. Jimmy. Have you given us your Fave Five?

You got to hang out with that soft ass dude? Damn. And yeah, my life's a weird thing right now.

Haha, "soft ass dude". We actually only just met him. Didn't hang out. He called my friend "sweetie", though, so she loves him forever.

Anth0ny

Dave said it's good news if you're a Dean fan, as for the second year in a row they're forced to use him more than they want for at least a month because nobody's fucking left

haha, that's the position you want to be in. "forced into the main event picture because the people they really want are out of action"

can't wait to hear dean get the loudest crowd reaction in months only to be stopped dead in his tracks once cener and orton are back

klonere

Banned
Random thought: I wanna see Alicia Fox in NXT. She's comes across as the most capable of the already established women on the main roster and judging from her WWE App promos has tons of character and charisma in promos.

Book it Haitch.

imBask

Banned
Hi WrassleGaf!

I think it's the first time I post here, I usually come but just to read the thread, I live in México, Monterrey specifically and I just wanted to share with you my experience in the Live Event this recent weekend.

I finally was able to bring my grandpa to a WWE house show, when I was little he introduced me to Lucha Libre and I was amazed, lots of high flying moves and fun characters, we used to go each weekend and I was really happy to see him chanting and very excited to see the Undertaker, Roman, Bray and Cesaro. I know that it's a house show, but it's one of the few opportunities we have to see them here so we were very excited.

Just wanted to share some thoughts about what I saw there: There were a lot, and I mean a lot of kids. The Lucha Dragons were heavily advertised and the kids were going crazy for the masks. Kalisto was really over with the crowd, even Sin Cara had nice reactions but if the WWE really wants to have a hispanic star, Kalisto is all they need.

And I was glad to see that Cesaro had a very nice reaction, the crowd was into the match, I hope he has a nice career in WWE.

Roman also had a nice pop, of course also the Undertaker. But the strangest thing was, Orton vs Shaemus was announced, but Orton didn't come to México and Shaemus had a match against Fandango. Shaemus had a really big pop and I was confused, they were booing all the heels, except Shaemus. Then Shaemus grabbed the mic and say "Monterrey Estúpido" and of course everyone started booing but I was told that in México City was the same. Maybe Shaemus is the hispanic superstar WWE is looking for haha.

welcome, and we need to hear your fav five wrestlers

it's tradition

CRxWayrUAAAcI11.jpg

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ba2e...27bd73/wwe-set-launch-its-version-hard-knocks

So they're debuting Breeze on the main roster just so this show can have a happy ending? I guess.

It's a shame Breeze is going to go from being a jobber to the stars to just a jobber. Dude has potential with the gimmick but they're going to squander it.

Random thought: I wanna see Alicia Fox in NXT. She's comes across as the most capable of the already established women on the main roster and judging from her WWE App promos has tons of character and charisma in promos.

Book it Haitch.

She's had a few short NXT matches but yeah, she should've had a better run. Of course then when she was getting over last year they killed it.

bjork

So I was looking over my bank statement. Apparently over the last 30 days I spent $442 on food. For just me. This explains so, so much about my life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I was looking over my bank statement. Apparently over the last 30 days I spent $442 on food. For just me. This explains so, so much about my life.

Taco Bell app users can get 50% off up to $20 order

Consider this

imBask

Banned

how is that even possible, you can work a month's worth of food for a single person under $100 if you're careful

do you eat out every day?

Mr. Jimmy

Fave Five wrestlers currently
No particular order

1. New Day
2. Seth Rollins
3. Sami Zayn
4. Cesaro
5. Pentagón Jr.
Special Mention to Jacket Finn Bálor who is making me question my heterosexuality

Fave Five all time
No particular order

1. Perro Aguayo Jr
2. The Undertaker
3. Edge
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Chris Jericho

Sephzilla

Sweet, looks like I'll probably be getting a new apartment! (Since my gf moved out it's impossible for me to stay here and stay mentally sane). New place I'm looking at is about $100 more expensive but its a much newer building and I get a garage with it too.

bjork

how is that even possible, you can work a month's worth of food for a single person under $100 if you're careful

do you eat out every day?

Multiple breaks at work where I just grab stuff, then I generally go to the grocery on the way home every day. But looking at that kinda made me go, "welp, this is easy to figure out."

imBask

Banned
No particular order

1. New Day
2. Seth Rollins
3. Sami Zayn
4. Cesaro
5. Pentagón Jr.
Special Mention to Jacket Finn Bálor who is making me question my heterosexuality

Fave Five all time
No particular order

1. Perro Aguayo Jr
2. The Undertaker
3. Edge
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Chris Jericho

nice top 5s

but you're dead, people around here hate Rollins because they can't appreciate greatness

imBask

Banned
Multiple breaks at work where I just grab stuff, then I generally go to the grocery on the way home every day. But looking at that kinda made me go, "welp, this is easy to figure out."

I also stop by the grocery store every day, the trick is to only buy what you really need for that night and keep a (mental) list of what you already have

don't give in to the cookies and potato chips bjork, don't do it

its too late imbask, the snacking season is upon us.

from halloween through easter, nothing but cheap cheap candies in every rite aid, duane reade and walgreens.

halloween->xmas->valentines->easter

it's the fucking killing fields (for your pancreas)

bjork

I also stop by the grocery store every day, the trick is to only buy what you really need for that night and keep a (mental) list of what you already have

don't give in to the cookies and potato chips bjork, don't do it

I am on vacation next week, I think I'm gonna use it to sorta detox my system and try to get into some better habits. I've been on the fence forever with it.

I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't even fast forward through Raw at this point and just piece things together from a quick glimpse at photos on WWE's site, that'd be even faster.

Book it Haitch.

I approve of this idea.

Zach

No particular order

1. New Day
2. Seth Rollins
3. Sami Zayn
4. Cesaro
5. Pentagón Jr.

Fave Five all time
No particular order

1. Perro Aguayo Jr
2. The Undertaker
3. Edge
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Chris Jericho
He seems like an alright dude, guys.

imBask

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;182324199 said:
its too late imbask, the snacking season is upon us.

from halloween through easter, nothing but cheap cheap candies in every rite aid, duane reade and walgreens.

halloween->xmas->valentines->easter

it's the fucking killing fields (for your pancreas)

it's okay, I was born with a superior digestive system and an IBS that prevents me from eating things that contain too much fat.

I'm 5'10" 135-140lb, I don't work out, I don't do much exercise, I work at a desk, I don't gain weight, ever.

I'M A GENETIC FREAK

bjork

I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't even fast forward through Raw at this point and just piece things together from a quick glimpse at photos on WWE's site, that'd be even faster..

I've been trying to spread the benefit of just reading the reports, but no one ever seems to follow suit. You can skim a report and digest Raw in about 40 seconds. Anything of note will be talked about in here, in which case you pull a YT clip. It's definitely the best way to digest WWE content.

Frees up more time to watch classic WWF content.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No particular order

1. New Day
2. Seth Rollins
3. Sami Zayn
4. Cesaro
5. Pentagón Jr.

Fave Five all time
No particular order

1. Perro Aguayo Jr
2. The Undertaker
3. Edge
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Chris Jericho

Good list. Welcome, goddammit welcome.

No particular order

1. New Day
2. Seth Rollins
3. Sami Zayn
4. Cesaro
5. Pentagón Jr.

Fave Five all time
No particular order

1. Perro Aguayo Jr
2. The Undertaker
3. Edge
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Chris Jericho

Welcome.
3112023_o.gif

Sephzilla

No particular order

1. New Day
2. Seth Rollins
3. Sami Zayn
4. Cesaro
5. Pentagón Jr.

Fave Five all time
No particular order

1. Perro Aguayo Jr
2. The Undertaker
3. Edge
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Chris Jericho

vfvczk0.gif

You seem like good people, welcome!

We're not getting Brock and Austin get over it (not really targeting anyone, just saying in general) but it would've been nice fur Austin to let his passion flow when Brock was saying he doesn't give a damn. Fuck you, pay me basically; the would've been some suspicion that maybe they would face each other but I guess Austin didn't want to get on Brock's bad side.

I still want Rock and Brock 2 and with this interview there's a lot to build on promo wise.

The Rock brings up Brock not caring and having no passion yet he sucks up TV time and money. The Rock's family is Wrestling so he has to defend them.

Then Heyman pulls a Punk and callls him Dwayne the hypocrite seeing as he left to be a movie star and never wanted to be known as The Rock anymore.

It would be even better with Brock as Champion and The Rock takes the strap from him.

So what does this really do? Well have Roman basically be happy for The Rock but it leads to The Rock eventually giving Roman a title shot. .

During the match you can sense a lot of tense and jealousy as the crowd boos Roman out of the arena and the furiously chants The Rock's name.

This leads to the punch heard around the world, The Authority comes out to get revenge from WM 31, The Rock is distracted and he receives a brass knuckle superman punch from Roman, following a count

Kick out!

The crowd goes nuts as HHH and Steph are flabbergasted, Roman is out of his mind confused as he rips his body armour off, the Rock Kips up and Hunter pulls his leg giving Roman the time to come with the Spear and win.

Roman becomes the heel he needs to be.

Seth is face, Dean is face, Cena is face, etc.

But there you go

Zach

I am on vacation next week, I think I'm gonna use it to sorta detox my system and try to get into some better habits. I've been on the fence forever with it.

That's the ticket!

I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't even fast forward through Raw at this point and just piece things together from a quick glimpse at photos on WWE's site, that'd be even faster.

This, too!

MC Safety

Book it Haitch.

You would destroy Team Bella?

bjork

That Fallout controller is already sold out and some dickheads have it listed for $100+ on ebay already. I should probably sell my Fallout stuff if people are this nuts for it.

Zach

it's okay, I was born with a superior digestive system and an IBS that prevents me from eating things that contain too much fat.

I'm 5'10" 135-140lb, I don't work out, I don't do much exercise, I work at a desk, I don't gain weight, ever.

I'M A GENETIC FREAK

In my weight class, eh? Let us grapple, friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched an ep of Smackdown from 2003 last week on Friday and man, that was one good-ass show. Stephanie in her Alpha Prime mode, Bork makin' people nervous, energy of the crowd was off the charts...Smackdown was one hell of a show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
want to know whats sad....

at mania 32 the biggest pop will be for Austin and not a current performer.

Why is that sad? He still commands the biggest pops, even now. That's not sad.

bjork

want to know whats sad....

at mania 32 the biggest pop will be for Austin and not a current performer.

Is it sad, considering they did it to themselves? All we've heard for the last 15 years is how great those guys were, how much better it was then, etc. The audience has been conditioned into it, whether they were around for his run or not.

Top Bottom