• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Fox318

Why is that sad? He still commands the biggest pops, even now. That's not sad.
I mean a modern performer still isn't over to that level.

Austin was getting those pops every night. Now everyone has to be so vetted to be a champ or focused performer or they aren't allowed to overshadow HHH and Steph.

bjork

Austin was getting those pops every night. Now everyone has to be so vetted to be a champ or focused performer or they aren't allowed to overshadow HHH and Steph.

They tried to feature a guy as heavily as they featured Austin, just with matches and not a bunch of dumbass zambonis and stuff. He's called John Cena. They pop for him too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

lol then you go and post something fucking stupid

Watch some Mid-South and on the rare occasions when Bill Watts gets in the ring the crowd goes fucking nuts - he got bigger pops than DiBiase, than Jake, than Hacksaw, but when it happened it wasn't a problem because the fans weren't going crazy for Watts out of some sense of nostalgia for "when things were better", but rather because it was a crazy, once-in-a-lifetime thing they never thought would happen after Watts stopped wrestling. That's what a rare appearance by a legend should be: the icing on the cake, not the biggest deal on the show.

Lucha blogs matches of the week, featuring Atlantis vs ultimo guerro and myztziz last aaa match

Plus angelico and Jack Evans vs Pentagon Jr and Joe lider(who????l
2015 October Week 3: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7SaA51JR0wZoKMc2tCwlsHp

ZdhM0IV.gif

A decade from now Cena will be doing part time stuff and still dominating TV

Imagine when we're all in our 50s and people like Harper are the part time special attractions used to hype events

MC Safety

So the Brock interview wasn't that great?

I don't really care what Brock Lesnar's favorite food is, or the caliber of his go-to ammunition.

And if Brock is disinterested in wrestling, there's not much point in asking him what he thinks of any of his matches, including his upcoming one.

¡HarlequinPanic!;182323638 said:
you're not alone. I easily hit between 200-300 a month on it, and I'm a skinny. fuckin' work lunches man.

You single youngsters with no kids of your own. $1,000-ish to feed my family for the month. Food ain't cheap!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you're planning to show up and say "fuck wrestling I just want money" you probably shouldn't bother to make the appearance. I don't know, I just don't get who is supposed to be impressed by that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're planning to show up and say "fuck wrestling I just want money" you probably shouldn't bother to make the appearance. I don't know, I just don't get who is supposed to be impressed by that.

Do you get mad at people at your job who say they're just there to make a living?

imBask

Banned

if the person doing that was Ryback, i'd be pissed, but Brock is a great performer and gives me my moneys worth every damn match.

Do you get mad at people at your job who say they're just there to make a living?

"you don't do 100h of overtime every week? what, you don't like your job?!" worst kind of people

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

That's neither here nor there. Nobody actually cares if I like my job or you like your job. I already know what Lesnar is like, I just don't see the point of even doing it. If you're insisting on giving honest answers in an interview like that, they'd better be CM Punk entertaining.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finn, who has been wrestling nearly as long as Joe, is an up and comer?

Yes, because that audience does not give a fuck about shit that didn't happen in America

and he looks a LOT younger

bjork

Man I sure don't care about Star Wars. Like, at all.

Or Back to the Future.

Or Ghostbusters.

I guess my 80s nostalgia doesn't extend far beyond new wave, cartoons, and old games. :shrug:

Fox318

They tried to feature a guy as heavily as they featured Austin, just with matches and not a bunch of dumbass zambonis and stuff. He's called John Cena. They pop for him too.
Issue with Cena was he genuinely changed his gimmick from the original Dr of Thugonmics that got him over to begin with.

Even if Cena took a break from Wrasslin he will always be booed. Its ingrained in the character and right or wrong many view him as the decline of wrasslin's popularity.

bjork

Issue with Cena was he genuinely changed his gimmick from the original Dr of Thugonmics that got him over to begin with.

Even if Cena took a break from Wrasslin he will always be booed. Its ingrained in the character and right or wrong many view him as the decline of wrasslin's popularity.

All he needs is something on par with "what" and he'll have the slackjaws eating out his palm for the next 30 years.

Aiii

So not worth it
Man I sure don't care about Star Wars. Like, at all.

Or Back to the Future.

Or Ghostbusters.

I guess my 80s nostalgia doesn't extend far beyond new wave, cartoons, and old games. :shrug:

So you hate three good movie series.

This is not a nostalgia thing either, when we are talking about legit good things.

Liking He-Man, Teddy Ruxpin, the Power Rangers, Wrestling or the Mortal Kombat live-action stuff is nostalgia. :)

Fox318

All he needs is something on par with "what" and he'll have the slackjaws eating out his palm for the next 30 years.

maybe but lets take out Cena and Orton?

Who gets the biggest pop?

Who is supposed to get the biggest pop?

Who is the performer that makes you say: "Oh shit what is he/she gonna do about that?"

bjork

Top Bottom