• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Mizerman

There will come a time when you will be 110%.

And I am patient, so I shall wait.

Maybe, maybe. ^_^

Thank you, friend!

I still think his WM31 push was way too premature, but they guy has shown legit improvement after Mania and I'm getting to the point where I'd be okay with him getting another push. Dude needs to bring back the more savage looking spear he had in his shield days though.

Pretty much. That was my main issue during that time. They were pushing someone who clearly was not ready at the time and it showed. Now they have the time to iron out the kinks before trying again.

Sephzilla

I don't know if I was ever really down on HIM so much as I was down on the way they booked and, subsequently, fucked him over royally in the process.

He is a clear case of them not understanding how to build stars in this modern state of the business.

Pretty much. That was my main issue during that time. They were pushing someone who clearly was not ready at the time and it showed. Now they have the time to iron out the kinks before trying again.

Both of these statements are pretty spot on. I hated the way Roman was booked and written leading up to Mania last year, not Roman himself, and Vince kept pushing him in spite of the fact that everyone could clearly see he wasn't ready yet. Roman's WM31 push was a combination of Vince just not understanding how to make a star anymore and Vince misunderstanding why Roman got pops at the 2014 Royal Rumble.

jmdajr

So yesterday I saw my first ever dead body out and about. Homeless person tried to cross very dangerous part of freeway.

Yeah. Kind of ruined the evening.

Zach

lIj4n9V.jpg

"I give it a C-"

-Zach

Haha. I love you.

Zach. Please give something an A already. I need to know the curve!

I told you guys I could grade on a curve and tweak my previous grades but most of you said naaah.

after NXT Takeover REvolution didn't he say that show might have been an A?

Wow. Way to remember things. I probably did say that. Maybe I was just excited and in-the-moment, though. These old wrassle shows don't have that thrill of being live, I guess. And there's the community factor that may lift a good show to greatness.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that Super Grades are not official until 10+ years have gone by and I've watched them on my couch in my underwear while eating Raisin Nut Bran.

NoRéN

So yesterday I saw my first ever dead body out and about. Homeless person tried to cross very dangerous part of freeway.

Yeah. Kind of ruined the evening.

Dang.

Growing up in a shitty neighborhood ruined me early. A five year old should not know what it looks like when a person is shot in the face from 3 feet away. Guns sure have a unique sound.

jmdajr

NoRéN;180462990 said:
Dang.

Growing up in a shitty neighborhood ruined me early. A five year old should not know what it looks like when a person is shot in the face from 3 feet away. Guns sure have a unique sound.

Sorry to hear that.

Roman's gonna be a great main event player. Not face of the company (sup Big E) but he'll be great in his Orton role. I'd be happy to see him spear Rollins into oblivion and take what is rightfully his.

Zach

Oh, and speaking of my PPV grading, I started Slamboree '97 this morning and heck yeah Regal vs. Ultimo. So good.

Anth0ny

Haha. I love you.

I told you guys I could grade on a curve and tweak my previous grades but most of you said naaah.

Wow. Way to remember things. I probably did say that. Maybe I was just excited and in-the-moment, though. These old wrassle shows don't have that thrill of being live, I guess. And there's the community factor that may lift a good show to greatness.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that Super Grades are not official until 10+ years have gone by and I've watched them on my couch in my underwear while eating Raisin Nut Bran.

It's okay, 2000 is coming up in your gradings, right? there will be plenty of As to go around :)

there best be plenty of As to go around. WWF 2000 was immaculate.

klonere

Banned
Roman's gonna be a great main event player. Not face of the company (sup Big E) but he'll be great in his Orton role. I'd be happy to see him spear Rollins into oblivion and take what is rightfully his.

I still think they just want Reigns to be Cena 2.0. Not his own guy, not the guy that Meltz said could hang on the mic with Austin at some 2K event, just another Cena.

Big E as the face of the company though, print it, box it, ship it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC didn't this start a mini storyline where Vader was being supported by a knockoff Johnny Cochrane?

Started a legit storyline where he was stuck in Kuwait. Cornette talks a lot about it. That's what Cornette does...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the storyline WWE spun out of it at the time, I didn't know he legit was stuck there though (because I was a kid at the time)

yeah he was stuck due to it. not a huge deal but enough that he couldn't get back yet.

Heel

Don't compromise your reviews to appease these wrestling fans, Zach. If wrestling can't manange to be A-grade entertainment over the span of several hours, so be it.

Dion314

Neo Member
I still think they just want Reigns to be Cena 2.0. Not his own guy, not the guy that Meltz said could hang on the mic with Austin at some 2K event, just another Cena.

Big E as the face of the company though, print it, box it, ship it.

Agreed. And people will always hate him for that very reason. Just another Cena except with even LESS than the original. He still has yet to gain his own identity (still using Shield entrance, music and gear even if it's slightly modified) and he's improved but he's still not great enough on the mic to get himself over. Heel turn with a mouthpiece is the best bet I think.

Honestly I think Rollins is the guy they need to be the top face. He's got everything (the look, jacked as shit for his size, super athletic, can cut a promo) and he already has a face oriented offense (heel or face EVERYBODY pops for a Phoenix Splash)

Fox318

Zach: "HHH vs Orton at Wrestlemania 25 is the greatest match ever. HHH retaining the belt as a face was the most memorable match of that night and all time. To this day people still talk about how HHH going over was always the right move. A++ match"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Kuwait tour was a few months before their first tourney in Dubai. I still have my old pictures, including one where British Bulldog fought an entire match with his underwear pulled down exposing his butt(not joking).

I'll post them some time.

lol, what? Crazy.

The issue with wrestling shows is that there isn't enough tonal shift throughout the course of a performance to keep people engaged throughout and generally speaking there are no rosters with enough depth in talent so ultimately the quality of a single show is extremely shaky.

I think the only way to get a A level wrestling show would be to mine different styles and rosters and put together something that flowed well but appealed to different senses throughout (comedy, sex appeal, action, violence, etc.) So it would ultimately probably be some kind of WWE/New Japan/Ultimate Surrender/CZW supershow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright...my friendths. Let'sth play ahmchayaah bookah, ala Duddy Road.

Book a supershow. All feds. Only current. You can bring someone out of retirement if you wish but they operate at their retired level (meaning you're not gonna get something very great out of them)

Ten match limit.

Sephzilla

Fuck, I really want to participate in that idea you have Sunny but since I'm basically just WWE these days my card would be boring :/

Top Bottom